Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleJackthaTripper
MSME!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mind Exploration Flag
Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread
    #13161686 - 09/07/10 07:46 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Can somebody please clarify what threads are meant for the conspiracy forum?  There seems to be a lot of confusion about what can be talked about, say, in the pub.

I made a post about a declassified government document, clearly a real document, and this is deemed a conspiracy and moved...but why?
(http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13159198)

Is any talk that speaks of the government in a bad way (except for dr00gs of course, ?) going to be taken out of a main forum and stuck in the closet away from a high traffic area?

If you can please clarify what criteria makes a thread meant for the conspiracy forum it would be much appreciated....

--------------------

Come on breakthrough with me...such wonders terrify the soul...it's real no need to question...knowledge infiltrates the host

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: JackthaTripper]
    #13164371 - 09/08/10 10:13 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I always figured the conspiracy forum was for centralizing the schlock and gibberish that people throw on the boards (usually scattershot across multiple forums) without any intention or ability to back up their claims, and for those topics that have been so talked-to-death that nobody wants to hear the latest incoherent argument some poster  made but can't defend i.e. zetageist, new world order bullshit, jews did 9/11 et cet

In my view, other forums are fine if the conspiracy has a halfway decent factual and logical basis and everybody isn't allready sick of the damn thing- but that's just my guess, don't know what the admins envisioned.

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: JackthaTripper]
    #13165582 - 09/08/10 02:57 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I find it ironic that the moderators of this forum are so quick to think something is nothing more than a "conspiracy theory", while we are fighting a battle on this very website to expose the conspiracy that keeps magic mushrooms and psychedelics illegal.

Just a veteran's view :smirk:

InvisibleNoetical
Flip Horrorshow

Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: ClammyJoe] * 2
    #13165768 - 09/08/10 03:30 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Anything backed up by a shitty youtube video makes it a conspiracy theory

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: JackthaTripper] * 1
    #13165925 - 09/08/10 03:54 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Anything dealing with the government PERIOD belongs in the political forum.  If your post borders on a conspiracy (was it planned, was it real, etc) belongs in conspiracy.  It's a really easy concept to understand.  I will continue to move threads out of the Pub that have a niche anywhere else, including 9/11 threads.  The only acceptable 9/11 pub threads would be, "Where were you that day/did you know anyone there/why weren't we prepared/ etc.  As soon as the conspiracy is brought to light it belongs in that forum.

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: Noetical] * 1
    #13165954 - 09/08/10 03:57 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Noetical said:
Anything backed up by a shitty youtube video makes it a conspiracy theory

Yeah, it's like the bad xerox copy for the modern era.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflineTaco Chef
I found dead John Cheever
Male User Gallery

Loc: the city of dis
Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: Doc_T]
    #13166187 - 09/08/10 04:33 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

:lol:

take my literature...

--------------------

InvisibleJackthaTripper
MSME!
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: Newbie]
    #13166286 - 09/08/10 04:50 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Why was the referenced post moved?
It is 100% documented...

--------------------

Come on breakthrough with me...such wonders terrify the soul...it's real no need to question...knowledge infiltrates the host

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#13166306 - 09/08/10 04:52 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

It as moved because it's not appropriate for this forum.  i left all of your posts that didn't contain malice toward others.

InvisibleJackthaTripper
MSME!
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: Newbie]
    #13166328 - 09/08/10 04:57 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not trying to be bothersome, just trying to understand so we can avoid this next time....what specifically made it inappropriate for the pub?

--------------------

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#13166377 - 09/08/10 05:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Anything political or dealing with the validity of a political conspiracy or uncertainty doesn't belong in the Pub.

InvisibleJackthaTripper
MSME!
Male User Gallery

#13166448 - 09/08/10 05:20 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

So are you saying that talking about the government (negative or positive) should not be allowed in the pub?

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13166516 - 09/08/10 05:31 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

He's saying that talking about the government fits better in the politics forum than the pub.
Unless it's pub-related.

Who would you rather share a beer with- Bill Clinton or Teddy Roosevelt?
Pub worthy.

Why did Hillary Clinton have those people killed?
Not pubworthy.

--------------------

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: Doc_T] * 1
    #13167238 - 09/08/10 07:21 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
He's saying that talking about the government fits!  Love you.    better in the politics forum than the pub.
U nless it's pub-related.
A
Who would you rather share a beer with- Bill Clinton or Teddy
Pub worthy.

Why did Hillary Clinton have those people killed?
Not pubworthy.

Dead on.  The political forum was made for threads that spark in depth issues dealing with the government.  The Pub is for more laid back (and casual) discussion.  It's not to censor you,  it's there to provide you a more appropriate audience who cares more about what you have to say.

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13167252 - 09/08/10 07:23 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Newbie- which President would you most enjoy cracking open a beer with?

--------------------

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: Doc_T]
    #13167273 - 09/08/10 07:27 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know dick about presidents so I don't have an answer to this.

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13167281 - 09/08/10 07:28 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Prime Ministers?

--------------------

OfflineModusPwnd
Stranger
    #13168184 - 09/08/10 10:25 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

They summed it up well.  I think another key component that warrants moving it to the conspiracy forum is the intent to spread fear.  The thread you reference was obviously intended to spread fear rather than have a simple discussion, so the conspiracy theory forum is a good place for it.  People dont come to the pub to read threads who's main purpose is to spread fear.

Also, the thread you reference is of a tired old topic that most people on the net have been beaten over the head with for years.  When such a topic gets posted, its often new information to the thread creator, but most people have seen it over and over again.  So while the thread creator thinks he is informing the pub with his concerns, the pub just sees another fear mongering thread that we have seen time and time again.

Its a hard thing to define, thats true.  What makes a thread worth of being moved to the conspiracy forum?  I say: it has an intent to spread fear, it involves a conspiracy (either real or imagined), and its a topic that has been posted and repeated time and time again with little chance of new information being posted.  In this case, it fits all three so it belongs in the conspiracy theory forum.

Thats my opinion, for what its worth.

OfflineTaco Chef
I found dead John Cheever
Male User Gallery

Loc: the city of dis
Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: Newbie] * 1
    #13169191 - 09/09/10 07:52 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i agree with moving them, as most conspiracy threads are not about discussion and conversation but about HOW CAN YOU NOT THINK EXACTLY WHAT I THINK

the fact that people are complaining about moving the threads to a less trafficked forum than the pub  can also be read as evidence that the purpose of the threads isn't laid back discussion, but prosthelytizing

--------------------

InvisibleJackthaTripper
MSME!
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: Taco Chef]
    #13169755 - 09/09/10 10:29 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

1) I'm not trying to scare anyone or create FUD.
2) I wanted in the pub because I feel this is something the Americans falsely think (that there govt. would never consider harming them).  More people in the conspiracy forum have probably realized this as opposed to people in the pub.
3) novumorganum your assumption about me is wrong, I would love some conversation about this, I'm not trying to FORCE YOU TO THINK EXACTLY WHAT I THINK...if someone puts forward a good argument I am more than willing to re-evaluate my thoughts and opinions.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder