Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineimatree
Stranger
Male

Sleep Paralysis
    #13151850 - 09/05/10 05:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Does anyone on here get this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

I get it almost every time I fall asleep on my back. It's really strange. When I realize I can't move I panic immediately and try to yell help in hopes that my girlfriend will wake up and help me move somehow, but I can't talk when it happens. Sometimes I'll keep panicking and eventually gain the ability to move. But usually I relax after that point. When I stop panicking, I notice a buzzing/rushing sound. Then I will feel something move through my feet and up to my head. I wish I knew how to explain the feeling but I can't. Then the sound goes away and  can move again. Left with a memory of everything that happened except what I saw. I know that I remember seeing in that state but I don't remember what I saw.

So, if you ever experience it, what is it like to you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNetDiver
Wandering Mindfuck

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: Sleep Paralysis [Re: imatree]
    #13151862 - 09/05/10 05:44 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

When I get sleep paralysis, I feel like I'm awake, but I can't move a muscle and normally have extremely terrifying nightmares.

Sometimes they're really trippy too. Perspectives seem very fucked up, and I see weird shit, like a clock superimposed over my vision or something.

--------------------

Invisiblethoughts
imagining.
Male User Gallery

Loc: here.
Re: Sleep Paralysis [Re: NetDiver]
    #13151864 - 09/05/10 05:45 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

thankfully i dont

--------------------
I need Jesus.

OfflineDizzyFace
life enthusiast
Male

Loc: da end uh duh ert
    #13151882 - 09/05/10 05:50 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I used to get it all the time, usually after school while napping. I'd be totally conscious but unable to move at all. Usually I'd hallucinate that someone or something is in the room or even sitting next to me or on top of me. It used to be pretty terrifying, but now when it happens I just relax and try not to struggle. It helps to focus on your breathing and eventually you wake up. It happens a lot when I try lucid dreaming too.

--------------------
WHAT

Offlinehomesqueeze
Stranger

Loc: Flag
    #13151937 - 09/05/10 06:02 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I get it occasionally when I sleep on my back. The last time it happened shit started getting freaky. I felt an evil presence in my room and heard footsteps coming towards my bed. Next I saw a dark shadowy figure standing next to my bed. I woke up right after that and had no idea what happened.

OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

Re: Sleep Paralysis [Re: homesqueeze]
    #13152184 - 09/05/10 06:55 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

this is the state from which you can astral project. you just need to envelop yourself in the sensation you get from being paralyzed

--------------------
smack a hoe out this dimension
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

rip. todcasil, acid sloth, st1llnox, zappaisgod, big worm (sketch), tim b

Offlinekush420
Psychedelic Wonderland
Male User Gallery

Re: Sleep Paralysis [Re: Envix]
    #13152204 - 09/05/10 07:00 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I've had it once or twice with the last time being a few years ago. I remember just laying there, not being able to move. I think I couldn't even move my eyes, I was only able to stare straight ahead. Only thing I could do was think.

I'm almost positive there was more to it than that, but my memory of it is pretty fuzzy.

--------------------
redoing signature.. for now heres some carots ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Offlineimatree
Stranger
Male

#13152473 - 09/05/10 08:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Envix said:
this is the state from which you can astral project. you just need to envelop yourself in the sensation you get from being paralyzed

I've done a lot of reading about that but I have never tried. On one occasion I had a nightmare and jumped as I woke up but had sleep paralysis and felt myself sit up out of my body then I got sucked back in and woke up. I don't think I can bring myself to intentionally put myself in that state. The initial panic from being paralyzed is probably the most terrifying thing I have experienced in my life. Now I can usually realize what's going on after the initial shock and relax but I still can't stand it. I try not to sleep on my back so it basically only happens when I get drunk while I'm camping and pass out now.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#13152496 - 09/05/10 08:13 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I experience sleep paralysis somewhat often...More so when my sleep patterns are out of whack, or when i'm going through stress & depression.

The first time it happened i was terrified. I had no idea what the fuck had happened and could not get back to sleep for the rest of the night, even the following nights i was scared to go to sleep...

...That was years ago, and since then i have learned to relax and go with the flow when ever i encounter sleep paralysis. I would say my use of psychedelics has really helped me deal with SP, and i find SP to have a very heavy psychedelic aspect to it.

The vibrations and buzzing I experience during SP is very similar to the vibrations i get with DMT.

But now that i have learned to deal with sleep paralysis, it's a great way to slide into incredibly vivid lucid dreams, have OBEs, and astral project...Though i will admit, every once in a while it does get the best of me and i find my self struggling, trying to move and scream out for help, though as hard as i try absolutely nothing happens...

Sleep paralysis is fucked, easily one of the more terrifying things to experience in life...

:crazy:

--------------------

OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

Re: Sleep Paralysis [Re: openmind]
    #13152565 - 09/05/10 08:30 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

to snap out of sleep paralysis all you need to do is offset your breathing

--------------------
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
    #13153019 - 09/05/10 09:58 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Not sure what you mean by "offset", But I have found that I can still control my breathing, and I break out of it by holding my breath.

Also, I have "phantom limbs". I feel like I'm moving my hands and arms, but when I look at them, I can't see them. If I touch my face, I can feel my hands on my face, and my face on my hands, but they're invisible.

I also get the weird presence in the room thing. Last time, it was some kind of gremlin sitting on the edge of my bed.

No, that was time before last. Last time, something was under the bed, pulling the sheets off.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

Re: Sleep Paralysis [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #13153038 - 09/05/10 10:02 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yeah what keeps you in that state or any state really is your rhythmic breathing and the fact that you're breathing at a very constant, steady rate. if you just take control over your breathing you should snap out of it quickly. or if you want to journey further down the rabbit hole, keep your eyes closed, and let yourself get sucked into the blackness while holding onto consciousness

--------------------
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

Offlineimatree
Stranger
Male

#13153069 - 09/05/10 10:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

openmind said:
I experience sleep paralysis somewhat often...More so when my sleep patterns are out of whack, or when i'm going through stress & depression.

The first time it happened i was terrified. I had no idea what the fuck had happened and could not get back to sleep for the rest of the night, even the following nights i was scared to go to sleep...

...That was years ago, and since then i have learned to relax and go with the flow when ever i encounter sleep paralysis. I would say my use of psychedelics has really helped me deal with SP, and i find SP to have a very heavy psychedelic aspect to it.

The vibrations and buzzing I experience during SP is very similar to the vibrations i get with DMT.

But now that i have learned to deal with sleep paralysis, it's a great way to slide into incredibly vivid lucid dreams, have OBEs, and astral project...Though i will admit, every once in a while it does get the best of me and i find my self struggling, trying to move and scream out for help, though as hard as i try absolutely nothing happens...

Sleep paralysis is fucked, easily one of the more terrifying things to experience in life...

:crazy:

Yeah, I can usually stay calm through it. The feeling that I get right before I regain control of my muscles is actually pretty euphoric. Learning to deal with it has actually taught me to deal with overwhelming psychedelic experiences. It's like I'm building a subconscious awareness that if I relax and wait it out it'll be alright. It's actually helped with a lot of fears of mine because nothing else can compare.

Quote:

Envix said:
to snap out of sleep paralysis all you need to do is offset your breathing

Not for me. I don't really have control of my breathing or I haven't ever thought about breathing in that state.

Invisiblemaerigan
Female

#13153074 - 09/05/10 10:11 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

sleep paralysis sucks really bad when you're taking a nap with an infant and realize that you can't move and are scared to death that they'll wake up and decide to crawl off the bed while you're paralyzed. that is the worst nightmare I've had during an episode so far.
and then jumping into lucid dreams one after the other and trying to figure out how to wake up.

This happened like last week. I saw my son in a dream and he was hurt and I was trying to convince myself that it was just a dream and he was alright.  I was so terrified that somehow I managed to actually move my hand and touch his foot.  It was the weirdest thing ever. In my dream, I was still "seeing" what was going on, but at the same time I could see in my minds eye some sort of holographic image of my hand on his foot and I finally woke up.

I hate falling asleep on my back and not realizing it until I feel suuuper heavy and am pissed off because I can't wake up

--------------------

OfflineMaurer

Re: Sleep Paralysis [Re: maerigan]
    #13153177 - 09/05/10 10:33 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I get very scared and try to scream yet can't do any thing about it. I always feel like some one is coming for me.

--------------------

OfflineVibes
Good Vibes
Male

Re: Sleep Paralysis [Re: Maurer]
    #13153199 - 09/05/10 10:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I've been trying to induce sleep paralysis, but with little success.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Good Vibes:mushroom2:

OfflineMaurer

Re: Sleep Paralysis [Re: Vibes]
    #13153348 - 09/05/10 11:20 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Vibes said:

It sucks.

--------------------

Offlineimatree
Stranger
Male

#13153359 - 09/05/10 11:22 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Vibes said:

Why?

Offlinemastagreen
Stranger
 User Gallery

#13153486 - 09/05/10 11:57 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

You like to lucid dream also?

InvisibleTTT
Cultivate the inside
 User Gallery

Re: Sleep Paralysis [Re: mastagreen]
    #13153521 - 09/06/10 12:15 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

DUDE, the buzzing rushing feeling is what I taught myself to awaken to when I tried to enduce OBEs.

It would begin with buzzing and a static like high energy. Kind of like crackling accopanied with it circulating through out your body. I remember times where it almost felt like I was physically shaking. Then, since I was expecting it, I would ask myself if I wanted to lucid dream or OBE.

Maintaining the focus in OBEs can be hard though.

I get sleep paralysis worse with opiates and benzos. It can be really interesting, though usually at the time its scary.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom