Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFeelers
Anti-Myth-Rhythm-Rock-Shocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz
Agrobacterium tumefaciens - how to get, and how to transform?
    #13149695 - 09/05/10 08:15 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Hi guys - I'm looking to sort my procedures out well in advance, and have decided on Agro T to do my Ps. cubensis transformation. I'm ok at genetics, but I've never seen this done in person before. :eek:

1. First up - where can I get a lab strain of Agro and what one should I use - can you simply buy this online? I might ring the university round here and see if they'll just give me some.

2. Does anyone know of a good source to tell you how to make/design the plasmids? What restriction enzymes/antibiotic resistances to use etc, how to put the genes in the correct order. I'm not sure whether I need to bother with all the E coli swapping plasmid stuff - or would this route be a better idea.

3. I've been looking into how to actually get the Ti plasmid into the cells, and have found two options so far - electroporation and the "Freeze-Thaw Method". Electroporation needs an electroporator obviously, but the Freeze thaw requires Liquid Nitrogen. I'd rather own an electroporator - but they don't seem cheap, if anyone has some ideas on this - DIY plans or where to get second hand ones that would be excellent. Alternatively where can you get Liquid N2 easily?

Does anyone here work with this sort of thing?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesolumvita
Q.B.E.
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Agrobacterium tumefaciens - how to get, and how to transform? [Re: Feelers]
    #13170868 - 09/09/10 02:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

FastFred is the guy to answer those questions

--------------------
One of these days all the answers will be revealed until then we learn from each other!

www.mushrush.co.za

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals