Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: The journey so far!!!constructive comments needed
    #13134 - 04/19/00 05:24 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

clear syringes are typical...
too much water usually leads to bacterial contamination.

------------------
Visit http://www.drooldonkey.org Global Psychedelic Community, Forums & Chat, Teks & Tips.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: The journey so far!!!constructive comments needed [Re: Hippie3]
    #13136 - 04/19/00 05:31 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Hippie you say "clear syringes are typical" does this mean you think there are no spores in these syringes?

Invisiblejack
Male
Loc: UK
    #13137 - 04/19/00 05:48 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

The spores are too small to see with the naked eye - spore syringes are clear. I've used Smart Botanics spores fine for years.

I've found it can take a week or more for myc. to appear in the cakes - I always felt that the MMGG was a bit over optimistic on the times for colonisation, though that could be down to other factors.

An over wet substrate seems to drastically slow colonisation, I have found.

Computer fans seem like a good idea - but buy a humidity gauge and check that it stays above 80%. Black bags don't really matter; just let the shrooms grow out from wherever they can.

For your first time, don't try casing. The MMGG method should give you a good yield and you'll learn a great deal about it all. Casing (even the Shroom Wizards one) often seemed to fail when I tried it.

For the next batch, try sterilising each jar seperately for different times and see which one gives the best results.

Anonymous

#13138 - 04/19/00 06:01 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks that has set my mind at rest.

I must be paranoid, I thought hippie might of meant it was typical to be ripped off.

A humidity gauge is the first thing on my next shopping list!!

This is proper science!!!!!

OfflineHumidity
Mad Scientist
Loc: Somewhere in Northeast OH
    #13139 - 04/19/00 09:33 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

UKMagic If you are going to buy a humidity gauge make sure that you do not buy a cheap one they are very inaccurate. As digital one are not good either they tend to currode inside and usually don't go as high as we need them to. A very quality analog hygrometer is the only thing that will work. This hyrometer looks pretty good to me although I do not own it myself. There has been a lot of disscussion about this lately you might want to do a search and read what people have to say. Good Luck.

--------------------
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #13140 - 04/19/00 11:54 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, have no worries about the syringe. Most are very clear but contain spores. Like Hippie3 said, too much water can lead to a better chance of contamination. And wait 3-5 maybe even 7 days before you notice any growth. Acutally for the temp that you've got them at wait at least 6-7 days. You can grow mycellium at 74-77 degrees but you'll notice a huge difference if you raise it to an optimum temp of 84-86 degrees.

Also be careful with using a computer fan. The idea of using on is good but you need to remember that when ever air is moving around there's always a chance of contmaination.

I wouldn't have them run more then 4-5 times a day. And make sure your filters are good HEPA filters :-)

Good Luck and nice post:-)

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

OfflineWildLASER
Infinity In AGrain Of Salt

#13141 - 04/19/00 03:51 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Instead of having one fan in and one out, you might try utilizing positive pressure, have one (or two) fans blowing air into the terrainium (through a filter, prefereably HEPA) and then a hole next to it or on the other side to force air out.
A big advantage is, that any "leaks" in the container will just blow air out, not suck in unfiltred air.

--------------------
,'~Þ

Anonymous

#13142 - 05/04/00 06:54 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

I got to know what the score is dude!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags