Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChampi
The Only Spanishgrower
Male

Loc: Madrid
Is it necessary to DUNK colonized rye?
    #1313252 - 02/17/03 04:19 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

First at all, I'm sorry for my bad english (I'm spanish)

I have several bottles of 500 cc. (+-1 pint) almost fully colonized. The substrate is rye, wich was in boiling water for 45 min, then pressure cooked for 1 hour. I would like to use them for casing.

I have tried the PF-Classic Tek, with BRF + VERM + WATER, and dunking the cakes just after birthing. This gives the micelium all the water it needs. Great results.

The question is: Is it necessary to DUNK the cakes made with rye before doing the casing? If so, it will be a problem, because the top of these bottles are more narrow than the bottom. ?How do I get the rye out of the bottle? I think I'll have to break the bottle!!!

Other question: the peat I bought for the casing (I want to do 50verm/50peat) is not 100% peat, in the bag it says that has additional nutrients, such lime. Is it ok for mushroom growing?

And my last one: I have found a factory where they make compost for mushroom growing, these ones:

Is it possible to use that compost for psilocybes? If so, what should I do? I have read some posts and I think is just to mix a colonized cake with that compost, put it in trays, wait to colonize, and finally to add the casing layer. Is it correct? Not necessary to add moisture?

Thank you guys!

--------------------
From disco to disco....

Edited by Champi (02/17/03 04:21 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: Is it necessary to DUNK colonized rye? [Re: Champi]
    #1313257 - 02/17/03 04:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Is it necessary to DUNK colonized rye?

no.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

OfflineMike Elium
.the Mycelium

Loc: on the edge
Re: Is it necessary to DUNK colonized rye? [Re: Champi]
    #1314729 - 02/17/03 03:21 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Tu ingles es muy bueno.
Of course the info below is for medicinal and gourmet mushroom procedures...  :smile: 
Rye should not need dunking....when cooked correctly, it absorbs the necessary water.    When doing a casing, once rye is fully colonized, it can be broken up with a very clean spoon to get it out of the jar and into the casing container.  Not sure about the peat question since there are those "other ingredients", but lime flour helps neutralize the acidity of the peat, which is good.  (Dolomitic lime, however, is a stronger version of lime that may need diluting).  What you said about the compost sounds correct....but misting will be necessary porque es claro que  los hongos necessitan mucha aqua.  Vayas aqui (Shroomery FAQ) para mas buena informacion:

shroomery.org       

--------------------
your inside is out, and your outside is in.

OfflineChampi
The Only Spanishgrower
Male

Loc: Madrid
Re: Is it necessary to DUNK colonized rye? [Re: Mike Elium]
    #1315385 - 02/17/03 07:13 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Muchas gracias!
Your info has been very useful for me. I hope to get good results and post some images in the Mushroom Pictures. If the compost I'll get works as I think, I'll harvest mushrooms for 1 year. :grin:

--------------------
From disco to disco....

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom