Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEkuenchuocha
<none>
Loc: An Island
stupid underwater heater!!
    #1310210 - 02/15/03 03:49 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

How do u turn the knob on a fully submerible aquarium heater? it is one of those rubber things. i keep trying to turn it and the pilot light wont go on! im only at about 45 degrees farenhight, and i already inooculated 6 jars. its name is THERMAL COMPACT SUBMERSIBLE AQUARIUM HEATER. There is no brand name on it. can someone w/ experience pls help me, give me some tips on how to turn it? thanks.

--------------------
If you can't convince them, confuse them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: stupid underwater heater!! [Re: Ekuenchuocha]
    #1310216 - 02/15/03 03:54 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Got a picture?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineEkuenchuocha
<none>
Re: stupid underwater heater!! [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1310227 - 02/15/03 03:58 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yea, give me a min, i will look for the pic on the net, or dig up my digi cam

the pic is at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2308184625&category=20758

--------------------

Edited by Ekuenchuocha (02/15/03 04:05 PM)

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
    #1310295 - 02/15/03 04:44 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

you dont really turn the knob, just twist lightly in the direction you want it to go, let go, and repeat... the knob returns to its orignal location, but the temperature goes up. If the pilot lite isnt coming on, you may have a bunk heater. Try droping it in some really cold water so that the light should come on no matter what. If you twisted the knob too hard, it may have broken (happened to afoaf, same brand)

--------------------

OfflineEkuenchuocha
<none>
Re: stupid underwater heater!! [Re: JssMthrFcknChrst]
    #1310310 - 02/15/03 04:58 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

crap!, that thing was 21 dollars. i cant keep dropping it in cold water to make it heat up, im gone around 9 hours a day.. i will try and exchange it. but that will take awhile :frown:

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: stupid underwater heater!! [Re: JssMthrFcknChrst]
    #1310317 - 02/15/03 05:04 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think most problems with submersible heaters is not having enough water.

A heater that is set to 86 degrees will only heat the water to 86 degrees. More water = more heat.

The higher you turn it, the less water you will need, so I would set the temp to maximum, then adust the volume of water/size of container.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineEkuenchuocha
<none>
    #1310320 - 02/15/03 05:08 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

it just stays at 49 degrees. it does not go any higher. and i do not know how to make it go to the max temp. i shut it off, and i will put it in a glass jar filled w/ water vertically. then i will leave it alone over night and see what happens. do u know any other way to get something to 86 degrees? other than an underwater heater?

thanks

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1310327 - 02/15/03 05:13 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Try using a gallon milk jug instead of a glass jar.

--------------------

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#1310376 - 02/15/03 05:40 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

spin the knob the other way..

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

OfflineDSD
devil

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
    #1310393 - 02/15/03 05:46 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i was going to try that but i was afraid it would melt the plastic. :shocked: 

OfflineEkuenchuocha
<none>
Re: stupid underwater heater!! [Re: felix]
    #1310672 - 02/15/03 08:49 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yea, i spinned the knob both ways, wont work. i ungplugged it, waited thirt minutes, put it in coldish water, wated 10min, put it in the original water, waited thirty minutes, plugged it in and now it is at 50 degrees... all i need is 32 more.. dammit

i put the jars in, they are inside a plastic container, and then i put a heavy blanket over it to keep the heat in. do u think they will be ok? its going to be awhile till i can return the heater, and/or get a new one.

is there anything else i can do to boost the heat? or a different heat source for incubation?

thanks

--------------------

Edited by Ekuenchuocha (02/15/03 09:14 PM)

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#1310748 - 02/15/03 09:46 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

go to the store and get a another one. yours is broke. a 50 watter would be good enough

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

OfflineKingCobWeb
journeyman
    #1310803 - 02/15/03 11:08 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

yea, i spinned the knob both ways, wont work. i ungplugged it, waited thirt minutes, put it in coldish water, wated 10min, put it in the original water, waited thirty minutes, plugged it in and now it is at 50 degrees... all i need is 32 more.. dammit

i put the jars in, they are inside a plastic container, and then i put a heavy blanket over it to keep the heat in. do u think they will be ok? its going to be awhile till i can return the heater, and/or get a new one.

is there anything else i can do to boost the heat? or a different heat source for incubation?

thanks

IF you are using a tub sitting inside another tub that has water in it, then you might* be able to use a heat pad. Put the heat pad UNDER the bottom tub (Leave the water in the tub) and set it on low. Put your thermometer into the top tub and keep checking it every 20 minutes or so to make sure it isnt getting too hot. Heat pads are a bit unstable and the temps fluctuate, so thats why they are not used very much, however by using it UNDER the bottom tub, and having water in the tub will help dissapate the heat.

But otherwise, relax. Unless the temps drop way down, your jars arnt really going to suffer much. Too cold is better then too hot. Colder temps mean they wont germinate and colonize as quickly, but unless they freeze then they wont be harmed. (And even then it is questionable)

Dont freak out, at this point it is just a waiting and patients game, so be cool...not hot, and dont do anything too drastic untill you can get a decent heat source.

Also, I hope you are singing to your jars.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates