Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJahLambsbread
Stranger
MAOI's and mushrooms
    #13022438 - 08/08/10 04:09 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

greetings i'm planning on taking psilicybin mushrooms and i was just wondering if someone could inform me on the exact reaction between mushrooms and MAOI's because i m haveing a hard time imagining it. and i ve taken mushrooms a lot before and have never tried taking an MAOI with it so if anyone could fill me in as to how this combination works i'd greatly apreciate it. Jah Rastafari

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineListening
scaler of mountains

Loc: Montreal
Re: MAOI's and mushrooms [Re: JahLambsbread]
    #13022880 - 08/08/10 06:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I don't have firsthand experience but I've heard another describe it as feeling very much like an ayahuasca trip. Would love to hear from others with experience doing this.

OfflineAnswerTo1984Is1776
Stranger

Re: MAOI's and mushrooms [Re: Listening]
    #13024063 - 08/08/10 10:08 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Pretty sure its just going to increase potency.

--------------------
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: MAOI's and mushrooms [Re: JahLambsbread]
    #13024255 - 08/08/10 10:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

JahLambsbread said:
so if anyone could fill me in as to how this combination works i'd greatly apreciate it. Jah Rastafari

There's an enzyme in your body called monoamine oxidase (MAO) which breaks down psilocin. Monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) inhibits that enzyme from working so it won't break down the drug once it's in your system.

In other words it gives psilocin the green light to frolic unhindered in your brain. Be careful it's serious buisiness, no turning back. :evil:

--------------------

OfflineGaneshNoIgnorance
remover of ignorance
 User Gallery

Re: MAOI's and mushrooms [Re: muistrue]
    #13027836 - 08/09/10 05:00 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Would it increase the length of the trip?

--------------------
"I have come to tell you that you are free. Many ages ago, My consciousness left man, that he might develop himself. I return to find this development approaching completion, but hindered by fear and by misunderstanding.

You have built for yourselves psychic suits of armor, and clad in them, your vision is restricted, your movements are clumsy and painful, your skin is bruised, and your spirit is broiled in the sun.
I am chaos. I am the substance from which your artists and scientists build rhythms. I am the spirit with which your children and clowns laugh in happy anarchy. I am chaos. I am alive, and I tell you that you are free."

HAIL ERIS!
ALL HAIL DISCORDIA!

OfflineJahLambsbread
Stranger
    #13027849 - 08/09/10 05:04 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

thanks now i can picture it better mentally. but when you say it's serious business what do you mean? i've heard somewhere that mixing the wrong MAOI's with psychedelics can be fatal. and i am a rasta and  i don't drink alcohol or eat meat or milk cause i see my body as sacred so i don't wan't to put any harmful combinations in there. i'm thnking about using a mild MAOI inhibitor first like a passion flower tea and then take two grams of hawaiian cubensis. do you think this will be a good combination? i ordered syrian rue but it's extract so it might be real strong so maybe passion flower would be good to start with

InvisiblePsily_Devil
Local Absurdist
Male

Loc: Sailing the Sea Flag
Re: MAOI's and mushrooms [Re: GaneshNoIgnorance]
    #13027862 - 08/09/10 05:06 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Fractal Dust has it right.

I have used MAOi with weak shrooms and it saved what would have been an uneventful trip.

No increase in length, but the shrooms degraded quite a bit.

I used passion flower.

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

Re: MAOI's and mushrooms [Re: GaneshNoIgnorance]
    #13027877 - 08/09/10 05:09 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

GaneshNoIgnorance said:
Would it increase the length of the trip?

Length and intensity, IME, depending on your choice of MAOI and amount.

Syrian Rue + Psilocybe Mushrooms is as close to oral DMT as you can get, without actually taking oral DMT. Although, YMMV, because some don't recall their experiences with this combination as intense as others. For me, it was incredibly mind-blowing every time I have tried it.

OfflineMet
Male User Gallery

Loc: Normandie, France Flag
Re: MAOI's and mushrooms [Re: BiG_StroOnZ]
    #13028117 - 08/09/10 05:51 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Shit, I had no idea MAOI's could be used with mushrooms.

Sounds like I got a new thing to try. :awecid:

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: MAOI's and mushrooms [Re: Met]
    #13028156 - 08/09/10 06:00 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah it's great. Seems to help produce extraterrestrial phenomena and unexplainable events do occur. I added cubensis mushrooms to my last ayahuasca brew, that was nuts.

--------------------

OfflineJahLambsbread
Stranger
    #13028383 - 08/09/10 06:58 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Sweet thanks guys. i'm thinking about taking two grams of dried hawaian cubensis with passion flower tea and black currant juice as an MAOI. Do you guys think this is a good dosage of shrooms? i haven't tried this type yet so i'm not sure the strength and everything

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

#13028408 - 08/09/10 07:05 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FractalDust said:
Yeah it's great. Seems to help produce extraterrestrial phenomena and unexplainable events do occur. I added cubensis mushrooms to my last ayahuasca brew, that was nuts.

It's funny you say that, because that was exactly what I experienced with my Rue + Mushroom trips; meeting pan dimension beings, ET's, entities, etc.

Quote:

JahLambsbread said:
Sweet thanks guys. i'm thinking about taking two grams of dried hawaian cubensis with passion flower tea and black currant juice as an MAOI. Do you guys think this is a good dosage of shrooms? i haven't tried this type yet so i'm not sure the strength and everything

Make sure you use the Lemon/Lime Tek with that 2 grams and you should be good to go.

Offlinesmaerd
 User Gallery

Re: MAOI's and mushrooms [Re: BiG_StroOnZ]
    #13028440 - 08/09/10 07:13 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I do not recommend it for bigger doses of mushrooms. It really can amp those things up in ways I wasn't exactly used too. Syrian rue manske harmalas :laugh:.

Passion flower is pretty low in betacarbolines, but it does have a really nice synergistic effect with mushrooms which I have also explored.

The best thing I've found is to make mushroom tea and add salted harmalas, a little honey, a little ginger, let it chill with some ice cubes, pour into a water bottle, and your ready to peak in the park.

:pipesmoke:

OfflineJahLambsbread
Stranger
Re: MAOI's and mushrooms [Re: smaerd]
    #13028933 - 08/09/10 09:00 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

alright cool does anyone  know when exactly i should drink the passion flower opposed to taking the shrooms? i would expect i would need to drink it before i eat the shrooms. and i have melatonin pills for sleeping.a little off topic but does anyone know if melatonin ehances mushrooms or synergizes in anyway? thanks Jah Rasta

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag