Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Loc: istanbul
handle agar question
    #1301208 - 02/12/03 12:41 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

one of my petri dish has got a bacteria in it.sorry i don t know the name.
i will try to find it in contamination forum right now
my question is very simple
do i cut the contaminated part and left my culture to grow .the contamination started new and very small place.the other parts of my agar culture looks fine

the water droplets from condensation will carry the contamination to the other parts.?

--------------------
mushroom culture history making ...Mr. Allan is the best .....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: handle agar question [Re: fugu]
    #1301228 - 02/12/03 12:56 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

you can try it. i'd put some h2o2 in aswell. preferably id take a small bit of the good stuff and put it in another h2o2 treated petri

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1301243 - 02/12/03 01:04 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

cutting the infected part out may work but it may also help spread it.The norm is to cut out a healthy piece of agar with mycelium and transplant it to a new clean petri.I would try both but start with the transphere and finnish by removing the contaminated part.
Good luck

--------------------
er

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Re: handle agar question [Re: G a n j a]
    #1301263 - 02/12/03 01:17 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i haven t got a new petri now.sorry do i pour h2o2 into the petri after i cut it .or directly on to the contaminated part.or after i cut ,a little h2o2 ,into the all petri.
do i use some water with h202?

--------------------

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1301285 - 02/12/03 01:31 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Dont put pure h2o2 in there at all :frown: you need just a little when your mixing it up in the begining.In saying that if you have no more petris you could try and use a cotton bud to dab a little neat h2o2 onto the contam.I think your fucked with out another petri though :frown:

--------------------
er

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1301486 - 02/12/03 03:19 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You are new to agar cultures , the best advice is ........
Dump it and start again .
Messing with contams , especially ones you can not identify is bad news , you can easily spread the contams to the new plate .
But if you insist on salvaging the plate ......
You cut away any "good" myc, "away " from the infected site , transfer this "clean" section(of mycelium) to new agar filled petri dish . Be very carefull to not disturb the contaminated area , so as not to stir up any possible spores being released by the contam , of course this all depends on the contaminant .
Fugu , you seem to be having alot of contams in agar .........
How long are you sterilizing the agar for ?

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: handle agar question [Re: tripndicular]
    #1301612 - 02/12/03 04:17 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

you dont need petris for agar. i have them and prefer to use jam jars. i microwave them (add more water to take account of water loss). i let them set on their side (untapered jars). when you open the jar you wont have stuff falling directly into the dish since it will be opened horizontally, so contams must be "blown in" from the sides.

many may flame me for this next bit but here goes.
if i spot contams early i just add more water and microwave them again and reuse them. its good when working with wild prints (read non-vendor prints!)

Invisibletripndicular

Re: handle agar question [Re: blackout]
    #1301636 - 02/12/03 04:30 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Is assumed most use petris , so I say petris . They take up a lot less space , and are much easier to work out of .....IMHO ie harvesting myc , transfers .
Microwave myc in a jar huh ........................? We were talking about dishes that have myc and contams in them ..............I think !

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: handle agar question [Re: tripndicular]
    #1301651 - 02/12/03 04:40 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

tripndicular- the poster says he only has one petri, i'm just saying they are not essential for agar, that he has options of using jars.

if i get a print i put some spores in my jar, if it goes green i add water and microwave it again (for 20mins to sterilize) i put more spores on and start again. i scrape off/cut out the mould and any myc that did grow before remicrowaving. the jars do take up lots more space but i only use a few anyway

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Re: handle agar question [Re: blackout]
    #1301664 - 02/12/03 04:45 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

guys the petris are bought

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#1302055 - 02/12/03 08:11 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Good man fugu !

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale