Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLibertin
Absurdist
 User Gallery

The octopus and the insects - alien entity encounters
    #12976141 - 07/30/10 10:07 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

This is the story of my encounters with octopus and insect-like alien entities whilst under the influence of psilocybin.

The first encounter:

Through the obscure holographic hallucinations, I begin to see slowly undulating tentacles contained within a vast emptiness. Their movements are graceful and non-threatening, but still somehow very disconcerting. A close up view of insect legs rubbing together provokes in me a natural reaction of disgust. When I've seen enough they disappear.

A separate journey leads me to the second, more profound encounter:

Once again, a horrifyingly close-up view of insect-like legs sliding over one another, rubbing together in what appears to be an act of copulation. I am surprised to see this again, but also more comfortable with it and less repelled. Then the familiar slow emergence of huge octopus arms drifting gently in space, their detail is more vivid than before. I am struggling with terrible nausea. Soon I find myself within the entity, it has crafted a small room to comfort me, which looks vaguely like a hotel suite but the organic nature of the materials is obvious; there are no flat surfaces, everything is curved. I hear high-pitched and rapid clicking noises, I feel that it's trying to communicate with me. I cannot comprehend its message. Next, I am shown the offspring of the entity, suspended in liquid inside translucent oval shaped pods, I can see them moving. A direct communication asks me, "are you disgusted by this?" I thought, "I can accept it". Whilst simultaneously trying to maintain the private emotion of disgust. I feel the entity scan my entire body from my head downwards. I see the arms once more, and the encounter is over.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

Re: The octopus and the insects - alien entity encounters [Re: Libertin]
    #12976157 - 07/30/10 10:14 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Sound pretty Freudian to me, kind of sexual in a demented sort of way. And this was just mushroms? That must have been a fucking heroic dose, thats a serious hallucination yo

--------------------

A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

InvisibleLibertin
Absurdist
 User Gallery

Re: The octopus and the insects - alien entity encounters [Re: bloodsheen]
    #12976191 - 07/30/10 10:22 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I have low body mass and this may go some way to explaining why I trip so hard. Both of these experiences happened on 2.5g to 3g doses. And yes, mushrooms only, both times this happened before I smoked a pipe of the good weed. I'm trying to push up the dose to see what else lurks within but 3g is intense for me!

OfflineGutteralRetch
Third Eye Opened
Male

Loc: Bay Area
    #12976207 - 07/30/10 10:25 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Definitely increase the dosage! :dancer:

--------------------
GuTTErAL rETCH ~ PRYING OPEN MY THiRD EYE

Has anyone else felt like this?

Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

Re: The octopus and the insects - alien entity encounters [Re: GutteralRetch]
    #12976221 - 07/30/10 10:29 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I am a little worried about taking a higher does only because I have puked each time I took a full eight, and that was even while drinking it in a tea. I also smoked one of the times and all it did was make the nausea lessened, I still vomited, just before and after I felt better. Plus I had the most amazing experience the last time, I almost feel like I'm pushing my luck by tripping again

--------------------

A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

OfflineNun
Piss Spud
Male
Loc: UK
    #21616388 - 04/30/15 05:43 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Right.  I searched for a thread like this because of my recent experience.

I seem to get really intense trips for the dosage compared to other people, so I'm cautious.
I grew a P.cubensis 'Ecuador' kit and ate about 1g dried shrooms, which gave me a beautiful colourful experience, and a generally loving, accepted feeling. Things seemed clean and shiny, but no actual distortions of reality.
There were just a few moments of actual trip, and these only came when I shut my eyes to relax/sleep later.

So about a week later I decided to try about 2g and see how that felt.
That time it was much more of an ordeal, especially at first, as it came on.
I had muscle twitches and a feeling of dread, and it was much less colourful during the trip, but really astounding.

So let's get to the point.
I saw a complex sort of fractal, architectural. There were square spiky structures and curved arches, something like a complex mosque ceiling.
It was beautiful and I happily watched it for several minutes.
It kept flashing, metallic & shiny, and I kept thinking how strange it was that it would be
so much less colourful than the first trip's stuff.
Then, almost exactly like that scene in Aliens when they suddenly move from the walls, I became aware of a huge living entity in the structure, tentacles, spikes, and the closest I can get to describing it is an octopus. I didn't count its limbs but you get the idea.
Real octopuses do shift their shape and colour, becoming spikier sometimes, this was very much like that.
It didn't really interact with me, in fact I felt totally insignificant to it, but I was wary of examining it too closely or disrespectfully.
There was a brief revelation that it had a pair of wings, something like a bat.

Now, having thought about this afterwards, it's almost exactly like C'thulhu.
I can't easily dismiss it as auto-suggestion from that idea, though, because my experience of it came from the ground up, from square pattern structure up to a complex being based on that simple design truth, like a protein forms a macro-structure.

You might say that the Fibonacci series presents a spiral, the simple design truth underlying a snail's form. Snails were the largest animal life in the seas for years.
So with this, a similar architectural basis which I believe must actually exist, like the snail.

So I believe, now, that C'thulhu is real. Somewhere, if not on earth.
What's more, lots of people tripping are going to encounter it in the same way I did, by realising that it must naturally arise from a simple math structure. In our reality, protein could build that form, in the thought-space, math builds it, and somewhere in the Universe, something has built it for real, inevitably it must have.

As if that's not enough, I had another really vibrant and resounding image on that trip.
A couple of beaded snakes, one dark, one light, criss-crossing each other.
Perhaps I should say segmented worms or even chains, but it's like my mind corrected me and said, "making snakes".
This came with a strange auditory idea - the syllables A-BRAX-AS.
This went over and over in my mind and I questioned that.
Was it really "ABACUS"? It reminded me a bit of two bars of beads…. but no, some part of my mind insisted that it was ABRAXAS. The middle syllable was stressed for clarity.

I didn't think much of it until a couple of days later when I remembered it again and looked up the word Abraxas.
Look it up for yourself, it's not a small matter, and it does involve snakes.

Again I can't dismiss this as something I've read before - it came to my mind as a basal concept and the 'making snakes' idiom with it.

I believe that psilocybin showed me something primal.
I don't understand how, and I don't understand how to relate it to 'reality' either, but I can't doubt its veracity or its recurrence in mythology.

I'm not a believer in an interventionist God and this has shaken me to my shoes.

Offlineendogenous
נפל מגיהינום
 User Gallery

Re: The octopus and the insects - alien entity encounters [Re: Nun]
    #21618140 - 04/30/15 04:09 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I had seen that name "Abraxas" before and thought it was connected to Herman Hesse. When I did a search, it said that Hesse used the name of the Gnostic God, Abraxas, as a symbol throughout the novel "Demian"

I had read Demian in the past. Leary was into Hesse and put on a show that he called (I think), "The Death of the Mind" which was based on Hesse's novel, "Steppenwolf".

--------------------
The Day of the Lord has come like a thief in the night. -- It is there but no one knows it.

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
Re: The octopus and the insects - alien entity encounters [Re: Nun]
    #21639186 - 05/05/15 11:42 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I thought I already replied to this a few days ago, but must have failed to hit the right button....

Quote:

I saw a complex sort of fractal, architectural. There were square spiky structures and curved arches, something like a complex mosque ceiling.

I get this kind of fractal architecture and arched spaces quite a lot in my CEV.

Quote:

I became aware of a huge living entity in the structure, tentacles, spikes, and the closest I can get to describing it is an octopus.

On my last trip I briefly saw a cavernous space in my CEV filled with writhing octopoid creatures with a weird plasticine texture. This kind of octopus theme has surfaced in a few trips, maybe it goes back to old myths like the kraken.

Quote:

So I believe, now, that C'thulhu is real. Somewhere, if not on earth.

It sounds a bit mental to be living in fear of a fictional entity from 1920's pulp fiction....but I kind of understand this. I've had a few trips where the backdrop of the CEV seems to become a kind of gateway into an alien realm, where I'm genuinely fearful that I've drawn attention to myself and opened up a gateway to the "beyond". I love those kind of trips!

Did you read the Lovecraft short stories? "The Call of Cthulhu" ? Some of them are surprisingly psychedelic - "The Nameless City" for instance, or "From Beyond". They seem to capture the essence of the awe that comes from experiencing or seeing something primal and terrifying within your trip. Not something you expect from a teetotaler writing in the 1920s and 30s.

:cthulhu:

Quote:

some part of my mind insisted that it was ABRAXAS

Abraxas is also the name of a coffeeshop in Amsterdam.....

Quote:

I believe that psilocybin showed me something primal.
I don't understand how, and I don't understand how to relate it to 'reality' either, but I can't doubt its veracity or its recurrence in mythology.

I do think psilocybin takes you somewhere deep inside yourself where some of these mythological archetypes are buried, as if the trip is accessing everything from your culture and throwing it towards you. I can't convince myself that this kind of thing is real.....to be honest I would be scared if it was, the kind of things I imagine up in my trips are not always things I would choose to meet. But there's a small doubt that, just maybe, the world is fundamentally different to the way it appears to be, that some of the crazy shit is actually real....

Quote:

I'm not a believer in an interventionist God and this has shaken me to my shoes.

It's a powerful experience, no doubt. It's amazing to slip into a state where the existence of God, or external entities, suddenly seems to become a real possibilty, the kind of dread of what might be lurking within the landscape of the trip...to feel the presence of unseen things....

The end is near. I hear a noise at the door, as if of some immense slippery body lumbering against it. It shall not find me. God, that hand! The window! The window!

:aliceshocker: :cthulhu:

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

OfflineNun
Piss Spud
Male
Loc: UK
Re: The octopus and the insects - alien entity encounters [Re: Aldebaran]
    #21652430 - 05/08/15 08:46 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

:smile:  It's not that I'm scared of the octopus/bat entity
If anything, I feel positive about it, more connected to other people, in that the
abstract patterning of my thoughts doesn't seem so isolated and offbeat now.

I'm convinced that it's not just my arbitrary imagery; I think I saw
something which others have done, and not just by auto-suggestion, but from
first principle, a progression from a basal undulating spiky pattern.
Almost a manifestation of maths/physics.

As I said, I'd draw parallels with the Fibonacci spiral and its manifestations in nature,
though that's not something I've really seen in CEV.

The other piquant image I've seen in CEV was my mate's dog.
He's a soppy creature in reality, but in my mind's eye, I saw him
as a really intelligent and "noble" being with tribal style markings. 

All these things have been positive even though they're a little bit humbling.

--------------------
Real men don't need the toilet

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order