Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Sterilization freak / water types
    #1295446 - 02/10/03 04:38 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Has anyone here ever used these ?
I like it "ALL" sterile , and was given a whole shitload of these and wanted to know if okay . Was a bit concerned about the warning in red , on the bags .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Loc: istanbul
Re: Sterilization freak / water types [Re: tripndicular]
    #1295451 - 02/10/03 04:40 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

trip sorry what does usp mean?

--------------------
mushroom culture history making ...Mr. Allan is the best .....

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Sterilization freak / water types [Re: fugu]
    #1295475 - 02/10/03 04:50 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I thought your father was a doctor ?

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Sterilization freak / water types [Re: fugu]
    #1295490 - 02/10/03 04:56 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry fugu , forgot you were from turkey
U.S.P. = UNINTED STATES PHARMACOPEIA
Basically they give products there names here in the USA , and see to it that they are labled as such .

--------------------

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

#1295547 - 02/10/03 05:16 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

so ok .i m waiting an answer for that question also.too.

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#1295548 - 02/10/03 05:16 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

bumpity bump
No input guys ?

--------------------

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1295559 - 02/10/03 05:20 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

that warning is a good sign - it indicates that no salt (NaCl) has been added to the solution. If you inject pure water (not saline) into someone, the ion concentration in the water is much lower than that of their blood - it is hypotonic. The concentration gradient will cause the water to rush into cells, in an attempt to equalize the ion concentration on each side of the cell membrane, and will make them burst - thus the warning. For your purposes, however, this sounds perfect. Use it, have fun, and I wish I had some of those!
can you tell i'm pre-med? argh!

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Edited by the spiral (02/10/03 05:23 AM)

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Re: Sterilization freak / water types [Re: the spiral]
    #1295579 - 02/10/03 05:26 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i have got some time ended ones .maybe first i will make a try with those.

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#1295585 - 02/10/03 05:29 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Thanx Harry ,
I am lazy and did not want to sterilize some water , med buddy gave me these and said try it out , has more where they came from even bigger ones used for respritory therapy . The hypotonic , mix with iso. info kinda freaked me out though was worried might be harmful to my children (mushies) .
Thanx again
ps" roughly" what region are you in , perhaps I could share some with you . pm me if you do not want to answer here .

--------------------

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1295603 - 02/10/03 05:34 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I appreciate the offer, however I'm too lazy to make my own syringes (at this point), which is what I see that being most useful for, and it is easy enough to sterilize some distilled water.

One curious item is that the bags say that the pH is 5.5 - which is slightly acidic. I wonder if this would cause any problems? Any thoughts? It looks to me like it says pH: 5.5 (5.0 - 7.0)? Curious...

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Edited by the spiral (02/10/03 05:36 AM)

Invisibletripndicular

#1295637 - 02/10/03 05:45 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yes the ph you saw was correct . I have in the past used some "bottled" med water that also had the same ph range , all was fine no problems at all .
I use it for misting my sub/case , never thought of the practicality of making syringes with it , kinda prefer prints to agar method .
Yes I know about sterilizing distilled in my ac , was just being lazy today and wanted a short cut , plus need to get used up have bags and bags of shit laying around .
Perhaps I will get some pokeies from my buddy and try making some syringes , just for shits and giggles .
Again thanx for the input
technically 5.5 is inbetween 5.0-7.0 that is what the little note tag is saying . IMHO mushies do not mind "slightly" acidic conditions , it is when you drop below 5.0 that it gets harmful .

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder