Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Freezing Question - DMT
    #12925892 - 07/20/10 05:09 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I have a pyrex baking dish (no lid) and a pyrex 2 L measuring cup.

If I put them in the freezer with 750 ml of naphtha each, with seran wrap covering the top (I would use 2-3 layers), would this be ok in terms of smell and getting the most DMT out of the naphtha I can? I imagine scraping such a large surface would not be a problem.

My first idea was to evaporate, then I realized, I can use 250 ml of naphtha for each extraction jug I'm using (since it's 250 grams of mimosa per extraction). So I would pour it all off and then scrape the DMT. And then reuse the naphtha. And that way I have DMT in the meantime between pulls.

Evaporation always left me with messy stuff anyway.

Another problem I worry about is condensation. Will water end up getting into my naphtha if I have no real lid? I refuse to use a mason jar because the last time I tried that, I had to break the jar to get the DMT out.

No matter what, though, I plan to do a recrystalization. I might not do it on the first one because I'm dying to try it, of course if it turns up orange I'll clean it, but assuming it's a clean looking yellow I'm game.

Any help?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinec1dh3d
The elephant is BACK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Freezing Question - DMT [Re: Angel_Above]
    #12926761 - 07/20/10 07:45 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

The water would freeze in a freezer, not evaporate, causing the dry time for the crystals to take a bit longer once the naptha is poured off. You don't need a lid, but I definitely prefer one as I don't like naptha fumes floating as I like to smoke between pulls :wink:

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: Freezing Question - DMT [Re: c1dh3d]
    #12926979 - 07/20/10 08:38 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

c1dh3d said:
The water would freeze in a freezer, not evaporate, causing the dry time for the crystals to take a bit longer once the naptha is poured off. You don't need a lid, but I definitely prefer one as I don't like naptha fumes floating as I like to smoke between pulls :wink:

What I mean is that little water droplets last time ended up on the underside of the seran wrap and went into my mix. When I poured off the naphtha, little frozen water balls were there and some of it ruined a small amount of my dimitri.

Basically I want to know this... will the naphtha smell my freezer? I've done freezes before, but usually I supersaturate it by evaporating down to 20% of it's original value (depending how much it is) and then placing that in the freezer. Haven't noticed much smell overall.

I want to skip the whole evaporation process altogether because I wish to reuse my naphtha. Saves a few bucks.

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

#12928830 - 07/21/10 07:59 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

No one?

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

#12928984 - 07/21/10 08:55 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

The only reason I ask if they will work is because I have 6 extractions of 250 grams, each with 250 ml of naphtha.

I'm looking to get about 5 grams in the first pull. maybe 3-5, I'm not sure, we'll see how it goes.

I've let the naphtha sit in the jugs since Sunday evening, mixing them a few times per day (about 4 when I had the chance) and tonight I'm going to take it out.

The usual method is do 3, 3-day pulls of naphtha and evaporate. I'm excited to try this new method. Anyone have a good estimate at how much I'm going to get?

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #12929622 - 07/21/10 11:31 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I have been freezing the naphtha in closed jars to pull out the good stuff. Then I poured the naphtha out, saved it, and stuck the almost empty jars back in the freezer on the highest setting with the lids off. I haven't smelled any naphtha after I was done.

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Offlinec1dh3d
The elephant is BACK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Freezing Question - DMT [Re: danlennon3]
    #12929667 - 07/21/10 11:37 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know why in the world you'd let them sit 3 days between pulls - are you extract from a mimosa hostilis tree trunk? I got huge pulls after letting powdered bark sit for 45 minutes between pulls. That is overkilling overkill.

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Freezing Question - DMT [Re: c1dh3d]
    #12929812 - 07/21/10 12:03 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

c1dh3d said:
I don't know why in the world you'd let them sit 3 days between pulls - are you extract from a mimosa hostilis tree trunk? I got huge pulls after letting powdered bark sit for 45 minutes between pulls. That is overkilling overkill.

I did the same thing the first time because nothing came out of the lye even after 24 hours... So I let it just sit for a week and had success. but the second time around, I did it in a day. The only thing I did different was that I swirled the mixture very hard. Dont shake it because you do not want emulsions, but when I swirled it VERY hard like a whirlpool... I had no emulsions and had success after 24 hours. the crystals came out a lot whiter than last time too:thumbup:

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

InvisibleReoSpeedwagon153
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chetumal, Mexico
Re: Freezing Question - DMT [Re: danlennon3]
    #12929845 - 07/21/10 12:08 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Dude, I said this last time-

You can freeze crystallize in whatever container you choose because you can rescue the spice stuck to the sides with a fresh solvent.

Even IPA will work, just take a few milliliters and wash the insides of the container, then pour it out and let it evaporate on a flat dish.

Easy as shit....

--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

Jump to top Pages: 1