Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineaj123
smot poking
Male

Loc: Easter island Flag
North Yorkshire officer’s plea over internet drug selling [UK]
    #12923900 - 07/20/10 11:10 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

North Yorkshire officer’s plea over internet drug selling

INNOVATIVE legislation is needed to tackle the growing number of so-called legal highs which can be ordered over the internet, said a North Yorkshire drugs officer.

DC Paul Johnson said the “infinite tweak ability” of mephedrone meant there was no single answer to tackling the variations of the recently banned danger drug which are appearing for sale on the internet.

He said: “Making something illegal gives us the tools to do deal with it and we can do something about people dealing.

“But we can only deal with what we can deal with – we need some kind of dynamic legislation.”

DC Johnson was responding to Home Secretary Theresa May’s proposals to ban new “legal highs” on a temporary basis, until they could be analysed by government scientists.

Meanwhile the chairman of the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs, Professor Les Iverson, admitted that policing the ever-evolving legal-high market was difficult. He said: “At the moment we’re floundering. We haven’t got adequate mechanisms to combat the internet crime. And it is internet crime if you’re selling a banned substance.”

DC Johnson said: “A dynamic ban could help us because it would stop stuff coming through the post – it could be stopped at customs.

“It’s a new phenomenon.” He said. “Cannabis is cannabis but drugs like mephedrone are infinitely tweakable.”

Those who use drugs ordered from the internet, DC Johnson said, were taking a risk.

“Even though they think it’s legal it could have class B constituents,” he said.

“But it’s the harm these things do- if they didn’t hurt anybody we wouldn’t be taking about them now.

“There are people out there who do not care about the chaos and the carnage they cause.”

Mephedrone was reclassified to a class B drug earlier this following a campaign in The Press and a number of incidents where it was linked to the death of young people.

Many of the alternative legal highs bought in the UK are made in China.

“These people can be based anywhere in the world and act with impunity,” said DC Johnson.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/8280786.Officer___s_plea_over_internet_drug_selling/#commentsList

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineaj123
smot poking
Male

Re: North Yorkshire officer’s plea over internet drug selling [UK] [Re: aj123]
    #12923917 - 07/20/10 11:14 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

'He said: “Making something illegal gives us the tools to do deal with it and we can do something about people dealing.'

--------------------

Invisiblecaphillkid
Coquus Boleti

Loc: Jet City
    #12924991 - 07/20/10 02:33 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Why hasn't the UK figured out what the U.S. has, just make look-a-likes and derivatives illegal as well.  The UK politicians and policy makers seem to enjoy this cat and mouse BS just as much as the chemists.

OfflineTcm19277
Etheromaniac
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Korova Milk Bar Flag
Re: North Yorkshire officer’s plea over internet drug selling [UK] [Re: caphillkid]
    #12925003 - 07/20/10 02:35 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

all the vendors are just going to re-locate to europe, somewhere where the chems are legal, and ship 'em over to britan.
no problemo.

the govt. is over-reacting, like always.

--------------------
I'M NOT DEAD YET!!!

Tcm's Step by Step Guide to Making Poppy Pod Extract 'Opium' & Laudanum, Full With Lots of Pictures!
:pod::snowman::snowman::pod:

“I'll stick to my needle, my favourite waste of time,
both spineless and sublime;
Since I was born, I started to decay.
Now nothing ever - ever goes my way.”

- Brian Molko, of 'Placebo' -

OfflineNewfound_wonder
Social Outcast
Re: North Yorkshire officer’s plea over internet drug selling [UK] [Re: Tcm19277]
    #12925369 - 07/20/10 03:46 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

A lot of the new designer drugs are showing up as seemingly useful products like hand moisturizer and pond cleaner.  This makes it harder to tell whether you are buying the substance because you want to get high or because you have dry skin.

Chemists and drug users aren't making it easy for the DEA and lawmakers.

--------------------
If it's good for fungus, it's good for us...

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #12925855 - 07/20/10 05:03 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

From what I've heard, mephedrone is still being widely shipped to England, so I sincerely doubt that randomly banning chemicals will change the situation. Especially since they have so little idea of which chemicals to ban.

Also, ROFL at marijuana not being "tweakable". Clearly, they've never heard of JWH.

OfflineScruffy404
Stranger
Male

Loc: BC Flag
Re: North Yorkshire officer’s plea over internet drug selling [UK] [Re: nooneman]
    #12926168 - 07/20/10 05:57 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:
From what I've heard, mephedrone is still being widely shipped to England, so I sincerely doubt that randomly banning chemicals will change the situation. Especially since they have so little idea of which chemicals to ban.

Also, ROFL at marijuana not being "tweak-able". Clearly, they've never heard of JWH.

Clearly you don't know that Marijuana, THC is marijuana, THC
There is no tweak-able version of Marijuana JWH is Not Marijuana just another chemical.

Offlineaj123
smot poking
Male

Re: North Yorkshire officer’s plea over internet drug selling [UK] [Re: Scruffy404]
    #12926577 - 07/20/10 07:03 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Come again?? Did you read that back to yourself before posting? :grin:

Of course Marijuana cant be tweaked as its a plant material containing thousands of different chemicals, so the articles partly right.

However the THC contained within it possibly can, such as in the case of synthetic cannabinoids like JWH for example. Although the chemical structures of these new synthetic cannabinoids are very different to THC, so i doubt you could call it 'tweaking' in the first place.

--------------------

OfflineScruffy404
Stranger
Male

#12926605 - 07/20/10 07:08 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

aj123 said:
Come again?? Did you read that back to yourself before posting? :grin:

Of course Marijuana cant be tweaked as its a plant material containing thousands of different chemicals, so the articles partly right.

However the THC contained within it possibly can, such as in the case of synthetic cannabinoids like JWH for example. Although the chemical structures of these new synthetic cannabinoids are very different to THC, so i doubt you could call it 'tweaking' in the first place.

Sorry bud
Synthetic is not in my vocabulary

If its not right from the BUD crystal leaves hairs and all its not THC
I dont give two fucks what science can do. Its not natures way.
JWH can rot to the grave for all I care... Marijuana needs to shine and shine bright.

Its like people are already fuckign bored so what do they do?? Steroid weed JWH???? ahahhahah give me a break let nature do its work.

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: North Yorkshire officer’s plea over internet drug selling [UK] [Re: Scruffy404]
    #12926995 - 07/20/10 08:41 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

you sound pretty badass brah

--------------------

Offlinenickc
Psyche-dult
Male User Gallery

Loc: Melbourne, VIC
Re: North Yorkshire officer’s plea over internet drug selling [UK] [Re: Newfound_wonder]
    #12927326 - 07/20/10 09:53 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Newfound_wonder said:
A lot of the new designer drugs are showing up as seemingly useful products like hand moisturizer and pond cleaner.  This makes it harder to tell whether you are buying the substance because you want to get high or because you have dry skin.

Chemists and drug users aren't making it easy for the DEA and lawmakers.

Believe it or not, the DEA is an American department only.  As much as you may think they do, they don't take on UK residents who have these analogue laws to hide behind.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #12928225 - 07/21/10 01:39 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You guys are thinking about this way too much. It's not like anyone is just "tweaking" mephedrone, they are developing entirely and wholly separate stimulants, marketed as roughly the same thing. Plus, THC is as easy as any other chemical to modify. Not that JWH is such a direct alteration (It's actually quite chemically different than THC), but it can be done. Yes, Marijuana has a lot of other chemicals in it, but I think it was quite obvious what I was talking about:

I was referring to the fact that, like Mephedrone, there are tons of other legal marijuana replacements.

OfflineNewfound_wonder
Social Outcast
    #12928537 - 07/21/10 05:38 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Scruffy404 said:
Sorry bud

JWH can rot to the grave for all I care... Marijuana needs to shine and shine bright.

Its like people are already fuckign bored so what do they do?? Steroid weed JWH???? ahahhahah give me a break let nature do its work.

Do you put your smugness in a bowl and smoke that too?  Do you have any opinions about cars, air conditioners, computers, or other unnatural products while you're up there on that pedestal?

Edited by Newfound_wonder (07/21/10 05:42 AM)

OfflineScruffy404
Stranger
Male

Re: North Yorkshire officer’s plea over internet drug selling [UK] [Re: Newfound_wonder]
    #12929524 - 07/21/10 11:06 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Newfound_wonder said:
Quote:

Scruffy404 said:
Sorry bud

Do you put your smugness in a bowl and smoke that too?  Do you have any opinions about cars, air conditioners, computers, or other unnatural products while you're up there on that pedestal?

I don't drive any sort of machinary. Cars destory the earth. Cars need has to get gas you need Oil after what I witness in the coast never will I drive again.

Computers ?? Well thats tricky cause im on one right now I do believe texting, sexting, msn, hotmail, facebook is all just ways to disconnect us from each other to communicate less and less...face book is to boast about your ego so everyone knows how much of a bitch you are...computers have help human kind in many ways but also destroyed human kind in countless ways has done more damage then good...computers run robots---robots run are factory's...I use to live in the most highest employed town in the country ...now you even lucky to find a job at a grocery store.

Our electronic eyes are evil and will be the death of us all.
AC's- Well I can't say much about them either I don't use them I don't have them in my house and never will they take up energy and space and cause problems...much like our governments. So i just stray away from them.

Also I am no god and I sit on no pedestal.

Im just complaining because it seems people are bored of the THC marijuana high and are looking for something new like this JWH
And don't give me the JWH is legal THC is not...THC is still illegal and more people are smoking that then JWH ...once JWH is illegal I bet yeah people will go right back to dope.

OfflineNewfound_wonder
Social Outcast
    #12931550 - 07/21/10 05:48 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Not the death of us all, only the death of those who are a threat to the people currently in power.  The powers that be certainly don't want to kill all the sheeple who perform backbreaking labor to advance the wealth of corporate owners.  They just want to kill off anyone with the balls to challenge their authority. /endrant

I don't know a single person who would choose to smoke any of the JWH's if they weren't taking drug tests or if weed wasn't prohibitively expensive.  Everyone I know would rather be growing their own fields, but that just isn't a viable option at the moment.

--------------------
If it's good for fungus, it's good for us...

OfflineScruffy404
Stranger
Male

#12934798 - 07/22/10 10:41 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Newfound_wonder said:
Quote:

Not the death of us all, only the death of those who are a threat to the people currently in power.  The powers that be certainly don't want to kill all the sheeple who perform backbreaking labor to advance the wealth of corporate owners.  They just want to kill off anyone with the balls to challenge their authority. /endrant

I don't know a single person who would choose to smoke any of the JWH's if they weren't taking drug tests or if weed wasn't prohibitively expensive.  Everyone I know would rather be growing their own fields, but that just isn't a viable option at the moment.

I think it is always a viable option you stand for something or you fall for everything there will always be risks in standing for beliefs...look at religions, Catholics, look at fucking Ireland and the religious war that's been going on there for how fucking long or Iran?. ..Smoking marijuana is "always" a viable option never think other wise.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals