Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

met a mayan "apprentice"
    #12879440 - 07/10/10 07:38 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

in 5 years he said he'll be qualified enough to become a mayan elder, one of 500 in guatemala. in order to qualify, he must sacrifice himself completely to his people...

anyways, he was our tour guide when we went to tikal. he knew so much about the place that it wasn't even funny..i would have to think with the way people respected him around the grounds that he is the only person alive to know that place in and out (except for the uni of penn archaeologists i guess)

before we went on tour of the temples...he looked into my eyes and said "oh, lovely..nice...you are an old soul!" i don't know how to take that...so what do you guys reckon??

also...whilst he was guiding us through tikal, he kept talking about 2012 and what they speculate will happen. he also thinks that mayans come from south east asian countries that sailed over the pacific...instead of crossing the bering strait like what's told in the history books (and what archaeologists have found evidence of). there were a lot of things he was saying that didn't have any proven evidence of. i.e. 7 tribes of humanoids from different star systems...

he said that he was invited this month to go up to i don't remember where but to have some meeting with hopi indians about something. he said to us that he also has a tuft of white buffalo hair etc...

so u ppl, what's all this mean.especially what he said about me? :smile: positive?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedrawde
Growerite

Re: met a mayan "apprentice" [Re: boO]
    #12879513 - 07/10/10 07:51 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

boO said:
before we went on tour of the temples...he looked into my eyes and said "oh, lovely..nice...you are an old soul!" i don't know how to take that...so what do you guys reckon??

That you are in tune with your old-soulness?

Sorry to be unproductive... sounds like an interesting trip though!

--------------------

InvisibleJustyne
Mystic
 User Gallery

Re: met a mayan "apprentice" [Re: drawde]
    #12879566 - 07/10/10 08:05 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

This may help you.
http://www.michaelteachings.com/soul_age_index.html

You are now on the road have fun.
Did the guide mention the Grand Tetons perhaps ?

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

Re: met a mayan "apprentice" [Re: drawde]
    #12879582 - 07/10/10 08:10 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

oh yeah definitely! all the 2012 and weird talk aside, tikal is definitely one of the most awesomest places i've visitd and suggest everyone to visit!!!

guatemala is a very beautiful country

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
    #12879945 - 07/10/10 09:23 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Hey that's pretty sweet! Old soul basically means you've been at this game for a while. But if there is only the Now, then that all just raises more questions. :laugh: I had a Professor at college the past two semesters who taught classes on Kush and Kemit, and Malcolm X - he also believed the indigenous of South America came from Asia (I'd agree with him that the indigenous do aesthetically resemble Asians) . He also believed a lot of history is left our of our textbooks, such as the Greeks, that is the basis of Western thought, being strongly influenced from Ethiopian peoples. (Ethiopian means "burned face" in Greek).

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

Re: met a mayan "apprentice" [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #12880127 - 07/10/10 09:58 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

yes he pointed out his nose and his facial features to me to show how he looks a bit asian and i told him i would rather have his sharp defined nose than this flat southeast asian nose of mine :grin:

some other details he mentioned that i forgot...

- he got some corn along with the white buffalo hair. the buffalo was born in wisconsin fulfilling some prophecy on the hopi side.
- hopi prophecies are true but the mayans were more technically accurate
- he mentioned that the dalai lama has a crystal skull and i told him how the crystal skulls have been debunked (didnt believe me)
- says that tikal represents the crown chakra or something.
- told us that 2012 means most of us will lose the two lower chakras and gain 2 new hgher ones

to be honest i was a bit chuffed he said i was an old soul cause i got a feeling it was something nice but although the guy excelled in his tour guiding..i just cant believe everything he says due to the lack of evidence supporting his claims. ive read about most of what hes said through this forum but still...i consider myself a rational thinking person

Offlineplayapez
Strangest

#12880610 - 07/11/10 12:08 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

boO said:
so u ppl, what's all this mean.especially what he said about me? :smile: positive?

Being recognized as an "old soul" is always a good thing.  I've had people say that to me in my life, and I've always just intuited that it means I've had many lifetimes on this plane.

Quote:

boO said:
i consider myself a rational thinking person

Your guide probably considers himself rational as well.

Mayans, shamans, natives, etc. simply see the world on a more cosmic level than the typical "rational person".

Example -
A friend who was studying with shamans in the rain forest was told by them that they were sorry, but his father-in-law had died.  About a week later, he received a letter  (they were very deep in the forest) confirming the shamans' vision/news, that his father-in-law died on the day they told him.

That's just one example of many that defy typical logic, yet the shamans didn't have any question about it, they just knew it as a matter of fact.

Obviously, I'm not advocating taking anything/everything said by a native person/shaman at face value, but I wouldn't simply dismiss it due to sounding irrational.

Edited by playapez (07/11/10 04:12 AM)

Offlinebenitoamanito
rad
Re: met a mayan "apprentice" [Re: playapez]
    #12880626 - 07/11/10 12:12 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

awesome that u mention hopi, ive been to the hopi mesas in arizona.. definately cool people.

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

Loc: ∞
    #12881395 - 07/11/10 07:25 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
Hey that's pretty sweet! Old soul basically means you've been at this game for a while. But if there is only the Now, then that all just raises more questions. :laugh: I had a Professor at college the past two semesters who taught classes on Kush and Kemit, and Malcolm X - he also believed the indigenous of South America came from Asia (I'd agree with him that the indigenous do aesthetically resemble Asians) . He also believed a lot of history is left our of our textbooks, such as the Greeks, that is the basis of Western thought, being strongly influenced from Ethiopian peoples. (Ethiopian means "burned face" in Greek).

africans invented philosophy.

--------------------
I close my eyes and seize it
I clench my fists and beat it
I light my torch and burn it
I am the beast I worship....

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

Loc: ∞
    #12881398 - 07/11/10 07:26 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

boO said:
yes he pointed out his nose and his facial features to me to show how he looks a bit asian and i told him i would rather have his sharp defined nose than this flat southeast asian nose of mine :grin:

some other details he mentioned that i forgot...

- he got some corn along with the white buffalo hair. the buffalo was born in wisconsin fulfilling some prophecy on the hopi side.
- hopi prophecies are true but the mayans were more technically accurate
- he mentioned that the dalai lama has a crystal skull and i told him how the crystal skulls have been debunked (didnt believe me)
- says that tikal represents the crown chakra or something.
- told us that 2012 means most of us will lose the two lower chakras and gain 2 new hgher ones

to be honest i was a bit chuffed he said i was an old soul cause i got a feeling it was something nice but although the guy excelled in his tour guiding..i just cant believe everything he says due to the lack of evidence supporting his claims. ive read about most of what hes said through this forum but still...i consider myself a rational thinking person

what do you mean the crystal skulls have been debunked? i know there were two that were made later than they first thought.

--------------------
I close my eyes and seize it
I clench my fists and beat it
I light my torch and burn it
I am the beast I worship....

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

#12881478 - 07/11/10 08:21 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:

What game are you talking about? Sounds interesting, please elaborate :P

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
    #12882090 - 07/11/10 11:52 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

boO said:

Yea, IMO one is definitely better served being a skeptic when attaching labels to oneself, especially when the ego can take those labels and run with it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom