Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Quick simple question on making self sealing injection site
    #12862660 - 07/07/10 03:49 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Which one should i use, or will both work?  Any preference issues?  Im a bit worried about the blue one, because people always use clear so i wondered if it was different in a bad way or sorts.  The clear one im not really sure what that is, but it seemed like it might be usuable:shrug:

P.S. a few more small questions so this isn't such a worthless post for others, im planning on using either glass tea glasses(lipton) or maybe some decent olive oil glass for LC's(just to recycle and save money), but i notice on some of the lids are some kind of rubber or plastic which im guessing is to help create a seal, should i just pc it or would that be a problem?

Anyone ever have issues with either of these glass types breaking?

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMonkeyKnifeFight
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Quick simple question on making self sealing injection site [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #12862739 - 07/07/10 04:10 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Of those two I would use the blue stuff.  The clear stuff in my experience won't seal nearly firm enough.  I use the red 'High temp RTV' stuff like this:

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1295863&CAWELAID=109358748

The blue stuff says RTV but I don't see high temp.  Might just want to check the fine print to make sure it can take PC temps.  I have both clear silicone and the red RTV stuff and they're very different.  The RTV cures into a pretty firm rubbery chunk while the clear stuff is really soft and gooey even after setting.

Not sure what you mean by using glasses for this.  You mean like glass bottles?  If you're doing LC I would just get some 1/2 pint jars and mod the metal lids that come with them.  You can reuse the lids many many times and they will probably be more useful in the long term if they fit any wide mouth canning jars.  I would think most glass would work in the PC but as always let things cool slowly.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Quick simple question on making self sealing injection site [Re: MonkeyKnifeFight]
    #12862854 - 07/07/10 04:39 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

this looks like the same product i has

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1295861

it lists the temp up to 500 degrees, so that good enough?  im not sure how high it needs to go, as pressure is involved and such

and yah i was talking about tea glass bottles and olive oil bottles for using as LC's.  seems such a shame to be throwing away perfect bottles.  Plus canning jars are expensive

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Offlinefungus_tao
Hah Zah!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Quick simple question on making self sealing injection site [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #12862996 - 07/07/10 05:11 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Most, but not all, food grade products like that are PCable. I doubt the rubber gasket thing would be clearly labeled pp5 so you'd just have to try it.

I would also use the blue one that clearly says RTV.

Also consider using a piece of sandpaper to rough the bag up a little bit to help keep the RTV from falling off later.

Tao

--------------------
Follow the light
The Light is your guide.

Offlinepunkin
Friend of a Friend Who seems OK
Male

Loc: Northern NSW Orstrayllya Flag
Re: Quick simple question on making self sealing injection site [Re: fungus_tao]
    #12865273 - 07/08/10 12:33 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

When it comes to silicone you want one that says acetic acid as the cure/ingredient.

That's vinegar in plain speak and is food safe.:wink:

It should also have temp ranges on it and from what i understand 15 psi gives a smidge over 120C. High temp acetic acid cure silicon is in the hundreds of degrees.

--------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder