Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Question for Hydra Pod users.
    #1285476 - 02/06/03 01:01 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, I've seen this thing called a Hydra Pod. What I would like to know is how it works. I like all the stuff it's suppose to do and the people who are using it seem to be happy.
My problem is the price. $200.00 really isn't that bad for what it clames to do and the guy selling them seems to be cool and back his product. I don't want to spend $600.00 on pods cause I need one that holds twice as much as my current chamber.    Does anybody think it would be possable to make a huge hydra pod. The current chamber is now being used for casings. :grin:
Thanks.
Couple of budshots for fun      

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Edited by Magash (02/06/03 02:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Question about how a Hydra Pod works. [Re: Magash]
    #1285536 - 02/06/03 01:25 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well, the hydra-pod just looks cool :smile:

It uses geolite instead of perlite, and I believe it has some sort of air-exchange process. I am not really sure.

I wouldnt want to put down hydra-pod in anyway mainly because I have seen good flushes from them, and I have never owned one so I dont really know HOW they work.

Its a lot cheaper if you want to just construct something better, like getting a mini-greenhouse and attaching a cool-mist humidifier to it. You would want to do casings, and not cakes as it would be hard to keep your humidity at 95% + all the time.

You could just use a large rubbermaid for a fruiting chamber and attach a humidifier to that. Its quite simple. Just do a little reading and you'll see what I mean.

InvisibleSubGen1us

Re: Question for Hydra Pod users. [Re: Magash]
    #1286058 - 02/06/03 03:51 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

the hydra pods for people that want mushrooms for personal use that dont want to fuk with figuring out how to automate and learn anything. i dont think wat u got going there is for personal use.

everythings already set up and built. easy for the lazy, not wanting to learn anything person.
plug it in and go.

--------------------

OfflineViking
"I've beenworking on myrr..rou..routine!"

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Question for Hydra Pod users. [Re: SubGen1us]
    #1286109 - 02/06/03 04:03 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Based on some of your pictures Magash I think you're well beyond the Hydro-Pod stage. As far as I know they're used only for small/medium amounts of cakes.

Viking

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question for Hydra Pod users. [Re: Viking]
    #1286223 - 02/06/03 04:33 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I've shifted my system over to casings and just want to build a bigger pod to grow shrooms for prints. I also thaught it would be fun to build a kiddy pool size one. :grin: 

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineA0999
Disco ish
 User Gallery

Loc: TEXUS
    #1286452 - 02/06/03 05:36 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

do you know anything about growing hydroponic marijuana? thats pretty much how the hydra pod works, there is a layer of geolite with water in it and an airpump in the water creats humudity inside the dome, it would not be hard to construct a large one, however hydra pod seems to work great with cakes but i think it may make it a little too humid for casings. as for gas exchange i dont quite know, i suppose the new air comming in through the airpump forces the old air out the bottom of the dome.

--------------------
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question for Hydra Pod users. [Re: A0999]
    #1286598 - 02/06/03 06:12 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks, and thanks to Seti for the help. Sounds like hydroponic cakes. Kind of use to it all my plants are hydro. :grin:

Some sugar on the new buds.   

--------------------

OfflineA0999
Disco ish
 User Gallery

Loc: TEXUS
    #1286796 - 02/06/03 07:10 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

lookin mighty fine indeed

--------------------
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

Offlinekillabeez
flashy guy

Re: Question for Hydra Pod users. [Re: A0999]
    #1287171 - 02/07/03 01:18 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

there's a dial with an air exchange thingy on the top. You can adjust the size of the hole on top of the dome from closed to open.

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: Question for Hydra Pod users. [Re: killabeez]
    #1287202 - 02/07/03 01:43 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

air exchange is by bubbling of air up through the geolite from an air diffuser rod in the bottom. the cakes rest directly on the geolite, which wicks water directly to the cakes.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck