Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecrazyboy25
International man of mystery

Natural resistance to psychedelics?
    #12819449 - 06/28/10 06:03 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I seem to have a natural resistance to the effects of psychedelic drugs. I have tried a number of psychedelic drugs and all of them, with the exception of cannabis seem to have less effect on me than other people.

For example, with 3.5g mushrooms I have a body high and I begin to have faint CEVs. With 4.5g I begin to get stronger CEVs but generally they are not colorful. Only at 5g do I begin to get bright colorful CEVs and still no OEVs other than "shroom-vision" and things looking different. I thought perhaps my batch of mushrooms was weak but when a friend was given 3g she reports a powerful and immersive trip.

I have tried smoking 15X salvia several times. The most I got was a powerful and unpleasant body feeling of being jolted with an electric shock rhythmically. Also I was confused and disorientated but I certainly didn't black out or meet entities.

I have smoked DMT several times with varying degrees of success. I have tried about 50-60mg each time and the most profound effect was I closed my eyes and felt locked to the couch for a minute or two while I saw beautifully colored fractal patterns. Though I felt locked to the couch I could still hear what was going on around me and if I exerted extreme effort I could sit up or move my arm. The whole time I made moaning noises. The majority of times however I get moderate CEVs for a few minutes then sit up and am back to normal. No entities no total blackout.

What's going on? Has anyone else experienced similar conditions? Inability to break through or needing to take much larger doses than should be required?

This may sound stupid but normally I am a very emotionally muted person, also I think of myself as very logical and I try to use drugs without any expectations of what will happen. Is it possible that either of is a factor?

--------------------
"Life without freedom is not life... freedom is life."

Edited by crazyboy25 (06/28/10 06:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecrazyboy25
International man of mystery

Re: Natural resistance to psychedelics? [Re: crazyboy25]
    #12821220 - 06/29/10 12:22 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Anyone?

--------------------
"Life without freedom is not life... freedom is life."

Invisiblejustaguy

Loc: Flag
    #12821230 - 06/29/10 12:26 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

sum people aren't meant for it...heroin is your drug. inject that shit fool

--------------------

Offlinea2theDawG

Loc: 2 Da Brain
Re: Natural resistance to psychedelics? [Re: justaguy]
    #12821241 - 06/29/10 12:31 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

u ever heard of a beaner speedball

OfflineChoiceless
I love Lucy
Male

Loc: San Jose, California Flag
Re: Natural resistance to psychedelics? [Re: a2theDawG]
    #12821853 - 06/29/10 05:06 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Have you tried acid?

Invisiblewaves

Re: Natural resistance to psychedelics? [Re: Choiceless]
    #12822061 - 06/29/10 07:22 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Edited by waves (10/05/10 12:06 AM)

OfflineScruffy404
Stranger
Male

Loc: BC Flag
Re: Natural resistance to psychedelics? [Re: waves]
    #12822094 - 06/29/10 07:33 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah sounds like your looking for more...

Take a half oz of shrooms
Take a few hits of acid if its real acid lmao no ones immune to it and you will trip balls.

Sounds to me like you got bunk shit and thats why you didnt trip.

Try getting your hands on some good blotter or some liquid you will be sure to trip....

Try salvia 80X take a nice big fatttttty hoot outta of a bong and you will be sure to be gonzo.

If your looking for the dean of mean of drugs its acid all the way...you take a few hits of some good shit and your sure to be gonzo for a few hours.

OfflineCryptotryptamine
Demented Dreamer

#12822316 - 06/29/10 08:49 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I have a friend who was in a very similar situation. He had tripped off of Salvia several times, but only because he always gets 80X. Other than that, he had taken a couple hits of acid that I know to be good, a few grams of GREAT shrooms, and ~350 mg of mescaline and got next to nothing off of all of them. Then he took 5 hits of the 2010 Hoffmans that have been going around (the thicker ones) and tripped NUTS. He thought he was in another world and experienced life through the eyes of the other people in the world he thought he was in as he saw his imagined life story play out and come to an end. Now he notices effects from even low doses of psychedelics since he knows what to look for and he's much happier about it.

Take a strong dose of acid, man. It'll happen.

OfflinejdogGA15
Jdog
Male

Loc: Georgia,US
Re: Natural resistance to psychedelics? [Re: Cryptotryptamine]
    #12822868 - 06/29/10 11:04 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

If i couldnt trip id probably kill myself:suicide:

--------------------
"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." -Einstein

"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Mckenna

My List(things consumed):DXM,Nn-DMT,Cannabis,many JWH like chems,2c-E,many Psilocybe mushrooms,cocaine,Many different benzos,opiates,and barbs,MDA,MDMA,Methamphetamine,LSD,Crack,alcohol,benadryl(at recreational doses),caffine,tabacco,Inhalants,Carispradol,Nitrous Oxide,salvia,indian warrior

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15270285 ; ^^^========TRADE LIST

Offlineshroomep
Stranger

Re: Natural resistance to psychedelics? [Re: Scruffy404]
    #16922922 - 09/27/12 07:40 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Scruffy404 said:
Yeah sounds like your looking for more...

Take a half oz of shrooms
Take a few hits of acid if its real acid lmao no ones immune to it and you will trip balls.

Sounds to me like you got bunk shit and thats why you didnt trip.

Try getting your hands on some good blotter or some liquid you will be sure to trip....

Try salvia 80X take a nice big fatttttty hoot outta of a bong and you will be sure to be gonzo.

If your looking for the dean of mean of drugs its acid all the way...you take a few hits of some good shit and your sure to be gonzo for a few hours.

Lmao what this guy said

--------------------
:asianofapproval::sporedrop:

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: ally known as ... Flag
    #25128883 - 04/10/18 04:10 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Interested in knowing if you've had any luck? I've actually eaten an ounce of mushrooms and never really lost my shit, some open eyed surface  distortion ... I can't blast off on dmt either! Mighty disheartening after performing extraction with good intent... I'm very spiritual in my approach, and sometimes,I have a deeper connection to all that is... Growing San Pedro soon for future endeavors, and just finished up my cart with ayahuasca ingredients... I'm curious as to the cause, and quite aggravated with the lack of research and information on entheogens... they've been around for thousands of years, we should know more about them

OfflineShroomtrooper
Conductor of the Shroom Train
Male

Re: Natural resistance to psychedelics? [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25133845 - 04/12/18 06:29 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I read about the low doses people take & can't believe how hard they say they trip.
  I'm 275lbs I'm getting a lil fat. My base would be 15gr dried & upwards of 26gr dried for a hard trip. I use a scale but when I measure out I'll throw some on the pile & lets trip.
    I always have that fear on not taking enough & mellow tripping versus just blasting off into another world.
    If 5gr gives you a buzz go for 10 next, then maybe 13-14gr & just work your way up. When I started back I read about dosing etc & took 2-3gr & didn't get squat & just worked my way up a few grams every time. I was kind of scared at first if I took a couple grams to much what would happen. I day a took a big dose & it was amazing.

--------------------
The more I stare at these pins the longer they refuse to grow.

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: ally known as ... Flag
Re: Natural resistance to psychedelics? [Re: Shroomtrooper]
    #25154704 - 04/21/18 06:39 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Thx trooper... I think I just lack drug receptors or something: I'm just glad we have this wealth of knowledge on the good art!

InvisibleServantOfBaphomet
StarKitten's Boyfriend
Male User Gallery

Loc: αßπΣσµτΦΘΩδ∞ Flag
Re: Natural resistance to psychedelics? [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25159057 - 04/23/18 12:50 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

You can grow new receptors. Its been proven. One of the aspects of reverse tolerance

--------------------
Do what thou Wilt shall be the Whole of the Law
Love is the Law. Love under Will

Hail Eris! All Hail Discordia!!
The Sovereign Peanut has Spoken!!

InvisibleFeeling_of_Sound
Psychedelic Theorist
Male

Loc: Infinite Possibilities
Re: Natural resistance to psychedelics? [Re: ServantOfBaphomet]
    #25160109 - 04/23/18 02:39 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

There’s a section in Stan Grofs book LSD Psychotherapy that talks about some people’s natural resistance to psychedelics. It was part of the section in the very beginning where he explained that LSD is a “non specific amplifier” (I think that was his term). He said this to mean that there is no universal effect to be experienced from LSD, not even hallucinations. This conclusion was drawn from his work with over 4000 patients in his clinic in Prague (and I believe the US)  back in the 50’s and 60’s. It’s been a long time since I read the text so I’m a bit foggy on the specifics but this is one of the points that stood out becuse he wrote about how shocked he was that some people could withstand such massive doses and feel little to nothing while others on the same dose would be in another dimension. Snag a copy on amazon if you want to read more! :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Once expanded to the dimensions of a larger idea,
[the mind] never returns to its original size."

-Oliver Wendell Holmes

"Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

[quote] underfliptown said:
Adaptation to a sick society is no measure of mental health. [/quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom