Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Loc: istanbul
might be an advance agar question
    #1280063 - 02/05/03 01:12 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i think my gt agars are going to contaminated.i have got just mycellium from the black parts.so i transfer them in another agar.and it seems they are going to be contaminate.my question is very simple
1)i took directly from the black part on agar. and the mycellium is a little bit fast from the bacteria(it seems )
2)do i have got a chance if i will take a little part from that mycellium who is a little bit fast from that bacteria.and transfer it another agar.
thanks.

--------------------
mushroom culture history making ...Mr. Allan is the best .....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: might be an advance agar question [Re: fugu]
    #1280112 - 02/05/03 01:46 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

>have got just mycellium from the black parts

Black parts of what?

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: might be an advance agar question [Re: Anno]
    #1280116 - 02/05/03 01:51 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

remember its fugu, i bet this thread gets 3 pages long b4 we figure out what hes trying to say, but we are here for ya buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Re: might be an advance agar question [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1280129 - 02/05/03 01:59 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

#1280131 - 02/05/03 02:01 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Re: might be an advance agar question [Re: fugu] * 1
    #1280164 - 02/05/03 02:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

an ASKiNG:do i use agar instead of petri dishes or what.in my country people also call agar .but if you help me on which spelling do i have to use is good for you.i m very glad.i will try to study on "i will cast a spell on you "post..

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1280173 - 02/05/03 02:26 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

an asking, in proper English is,,, i have a question

im not doggin on ya you do great for your knowledge of this foriegn langauge, im just tired of seeing an asking

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Edited by Psychoslut (02/05/03 02:31 AM)

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1280199 - 02/05/03 02:35 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

you use agar in combination with petri dishes

--------------------

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Re: might be an advance agar question [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1280214 - 02/05/03 02:44 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

burn out.real sorry from you.i ask lots of things every time.lots of times i didnt take the direct answers.people here just start to give an answer and then i ask another part of my question but no answers. sometimes i m a bit nervous about it .but no matter.i ask so simple questions really so simple but this time it seems that i didn t look around and i didn t read the teks.for example this cause a 4 day late for my casings.
one of you just going to say .
a casing layer doesn t include nutrent.thats all. but no one said.a then this time i will going to ask why doesnt a casing layer include nutrients ?
u see .so simple way to learn what s happen
i ask because i try to understant what happens.
and also i have got a patience for to wait 4 day.it is nothing at the end.
but if you give the direct answers of my questions i will go on other things.that is more usefull for all of us.

--------------------

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

#1280217 - 02/05/03 02:46 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Agar Formulas & Info
Amaranth Soy Agar
20 grams amaranth flour
20 grams soy flour
9.5 grams agar
500 mL distilled water
Final pH: 6.0 Barley Malt Extract Agar
40 grams barley flour
2 grams malt extract
1 - 2 grams yeast extract (optional)
9.5 grams agar
500 mL distilled water
Final pH: 6.0 EntheoGenesis No. 442
10 grams amaranth flour
10 grams brown rice flour
10 grams potato flour
10 grams soy flour
2 grams malted barley
9.5 grams agar
500 mL distilled water
Cornmeal Dextrose Agar
25 grams yellow cornmeal
2.5 grams dextrose
9.5 grams agar
500 mL distilled water
Final pH: 6.0 Dr. Pollock's Modified Agar
10 grams dried dog food
10 grams amaranth flour
2 grams dextrose or malt extract
9.5 grams agar
500 mL distilled water
Final pH is 6.2. Malt Extract Agar
20 grams malt extract
100 mg potassium phosphate
dibasic (K2HPO4)
100 mg calcium carbonate
9.5 grams agar
1 L distilled water
Oatmeal Neopeptone Agar
40 grams oatmeal or oat flour
2 grams neopeptone (optional)
9.5 grams agar
500 mL distilled water
Final pH: 6.0 Modified Sabouraud's Medium
25 grams barley flour
5 grams dextrose
2 grams neopeptone (optional)
1 gram yeast extract
9.5 grams agar
500 mL distilled water
Final pH: 5.8 Potato Dextrose Yeast Agar
250 grams of washed, unpeeled potatoes
10 grams dextrose
1.5 grams yeast
15 grams agar
Slice potatoes 1/8 inch thick
Rinse slices clean in cool tap water
Final rinse with distilled water
Cook in distilled water until tender
Strain and set aside cooking water
Rinse potatoes with distilled water
Retain rinse water, discard potatoes
Add distilled water to make 1 litre
Bring liquid to slow boil
Add dry ingredients

Cooking & Usage Instructions
The flask or bottle in which the medium is sterilized should never be more than 2/3 full in order to avoid boilover.
Plug the flask or bottle with non-absorbent cotton and cover with aluminum foil to help prevent entry of external contaminants.
Sterilize all formulas for 15 minutes at 15 psi.
Remove the medium as soon as the pressure reaches "0." Oversterilization or prolonged heating will change the composition of the medium. Sugars such as dextrose or malt can "caramelize," resulting in a medium that can inhibit mycelial growth and encourage sectors (mutations). Excessive heating of medium can also cause a drop in pH, resulting in a more acid medium. It is possible to destroy completely the gelling properties of agar by prolonged heating, and this destruction is hastened as the acidity increases.
For long-term health and maintenance of sacred strains, alternate any two of the above media. This will help prevent senescence, which can occur when cultures are grown on one medium only. Store strains at 35? - 40?F; transfer every six months. In this manner, sacred strains can be maintained for years.
Never compromise the integrity of your strain library. Strains showing even a hint of senescence should be removed from the collection.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1280226 - 02/05/03 02:53 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

because the casing layer isnt thereto provide nutrition, it is there to provide moisture, your bulk substrate is what provides the nutrients

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1280227 - 02/05/03 02:53 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I have exp , with petri dishes full of an agar based nutrient sollution .
I am a bit confused by your question .
The black part you mentioned and show ...........
Is this where you inoculated the agar with mushroom spores ?
If so ..........
You are harvesting way to soon , wait till you have mycelium actually growing , harvest only the fastest , healthiest , rhizomorphic strands . Transfer them to new media , wait and see if sectoring occurs , if so select the "best " strain again , if not and you are satisfied with the strain you have selected , begin inocing (typo edit) your bulk media .

If that is not where you put spores , it is "contamination" get rid of it and begin again . Also you can use alot less of your spores at the initial inoculation , at most a wispy little grey spot verses a bit black smudge .
Hope this helps , hope I understood your question before flippin the lip .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (02/05/03 02:57 AM)

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Re: might be an advance agar question [Re: tripndicular]
    #1280291 - 02/05/03 03:16 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

>sectoring occurs
1)i want to understand what this directly means
2)i think i m fucked up because this is where i put the spores but in the transfered petri dishes it seems the contamination reached the healty side.
3)i m really fucked up because i havent got new gt spores.if i didn tfind them i have to buy again fuck.
4)i put the upside part of the mycellium down when i transfered them .maybe i have got a little bit more chance if i put upside part of the mycellium to upside in another dish.
help needed

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#1280330 - 02/05/03 03:36 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You need to do some serious reading to understand , I would suggest you get "THE MUSHROOM CULTIVATOR " , just about any book store can and will order it if you ask .
But to try to help you ,]
Sectoring .... Quoted from TMC .
" When mycelium grows from a single inoculation site and several divergent types appear , it is said to be "SECTORING" . "
We are looking for the ropey , strandy looking stuff (rhizomorphic stranding ) , not the fuzzy , cottony growth . Rhizos are said to be the more productive of the two primary types of mycelial growth , that is why we seek it and stengthen the strain so to say .
For you to fully comprhend this you need to do some reading up , do a faqs search , but try to get TMC , is best way for you to get a full grasp

Here is a photo of a second gen plate of MYCELLIUM

I waited till the ropey strands began to grow together ( almost to edge of dish ) again and harvested it , and inoced grain , I also took a sample to a third dish , and prepped for long term storage . I sussspected I had a great strain ... , I did ! As the crop was awesome from the first batch , very potent ! Not a great yielder , but very enjoyable to eat .
Good Luck
May The Mushroom Goddess Bless All Your Endeavors !
PS Yes you royally fucked up if took a whole spore print on paper and dumped it into the agar , get an inoculation loop and lightly scrape spores from the surface of paper and scrape on the surface of the agar , clean loop each time you touch print and do a new dish . You should smear 4 - 6 dishes at a shot , this allows for some contamed dishes , which you should never harvest from , unless you have exp , in knowing how to reduce the risk of transfering contams to a new dish .
READ READ READ and then read some more before you spend money on spores and fail again . If handled properly one spore print could conceivably smear dozens of petri dishes , if not more ( depends also on size of print ) .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (02/05/03 03:44 AM)

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

#1280394 - 02/05/03 03:59 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

oh yes man i looked totally fucked up .i took the hole print and put it onto the agar surface with my very dirty hands.and a think it didnt stuck there and when i m in the toilet (when shitting)i open it and nailed them on to the agar surface.now i see what i did wrong.
ps:i will have to take book as soon as possible.i know thank you for your explenatory sentences.and your open mindedness

--------------------

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
    #1280409 - 02/05/03 04:02 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

oh yes  man i looked totally fucked  up .i took the hole print and put it onto the agar surface with my very dirty hands.and a think it didnt stuck there and when i m in the toilet (when shitting)i open it and nailed them on to the agar surface.now i see what i did wrong.
ps:i will have to take book as soon as possible.i know thank you for your explenatory sentences.and your open mindedness 

You really do agar work while taking a shit? How is that working for you? Half the time I think you're just trying to test our patience. :confused: :confused:

Invisibletripndicular

#1280429 - 02/05/03 04:08 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yes , I hope you were just insulting your ignorance with that coment about taking a shit while doing isolations . Otherwise I wasted time trying to be helpful in educating the needy !  :confused:  :mad:

CLEANLINESS IS NEXT TO MUSHINESS !  :cool: 

--------------------

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

#1280449 - 02/05/03 04:19 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

sorry if my understood is wrong please correct me
as i understand it right you said above i put the whole print directly to the agar
that is what i understand
>Yes you royally fucked up if took a whole spore print on paper and dumped it into the agar

which of my sentences are starting a thought on you to think that way .can you point me..

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#1280467 - 02/05/03 04:28 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Three (3) posts back you make coment about "dirty hands" , doing cultures while taking a shit ! Sounds as if you are being smart ass and do not truly appreciate the time it takes one to assist you .
If trying to make fun of yourself for doing such a sinfull mistake , you have strange sense of humor .
Agar work requires being very clean and determined in doing the best possible isolation one can create , without all is a waste !
I do not mind helping , but if you just want to waste time , and not truly "learn" , go to another category .

I'm done for today , get the book , read , read , and read some more .
Catch ya later
Trip n D

--------------------

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
    #1280468 - 02/05/03 04:29 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

NO! One print is good for hundreds of plates.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds