Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

What to do with cakes right after the Dunk Tek
    #1279973 - 02/04/03 11:32 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I havent seen this step anywhere in the Shroomery. After you let the cakes soak for 12 hours, do you dry them off with a paper towel before you put them back in the terrarium, or do you just put them in there wet? I just took 2 cakes out that have soaked for 12-14 hours and they still looked a little blue. I patted them down with a little paper towel like I usually do, but I didn't know if this step is necessary with the Dunk Tek. Any other experiences with the Dunk Tek would be appreciated. Thanks.

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinesinoptiK
TranceAddict

Loc: USA
Re: What to do with cakes right after the Dunk Tek [Re: peruvian spark]
    #1280000 - 02/05/03 12:09 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yeh, you can use a towel to dry them off on the outside but it's not really necessary. I would just put them back in the fruiting chamber after dunking and let them recover.

OfflineBikeCourier
Bikecourier

Loc: Canada
    #1280008 - 02/05/03 12:17 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I havent seen this step anywhere in the Shroomery. After you let the cakes soak for 12 hours, do you dry them off with a paper towel before you put them back in the terrarium, or do you just put them in there wet? I just took 2 cakes out that have soaked for 12-14 hours and they still looked a little blue. I patted them down with a little paper towel like I usually do, but I didn't know if this step is necessary with the Dunk Tek. Any other experiences with the Dunk Tek would be appreciated. Thanks.

blueing (is that a word) is caused by handling of the mushroom cake/stalk. (in most cases)

--------------------
tanstaafl (or maybe there is)

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Loc: Superposition of possible...
    #1280176 - 02/05/03 02:27 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

cakes are pretty darn resilient. i usually scruff mine up a little with a knife before dunking, removing any hardened outer mycelial covering so that the cakes will absorb moisture better...this also gives them a nice fresh surface to fruit from. you don't have to worry about drying them off or whatever, i mean, just make sure they're not sitting in standing water in your fruiting chamber.

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix