Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Sterility of fruiting chamber area...
    #1279063 - 02/04/03 03:54 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

How clean does it have to be around my fruiting chamber? I'm growing them in my friend's crawlspace which is really dirty, I'm planning on moving all the clothes and cleaning it up a bit and then getting him to spray lysol before he fans, will this be enough? Or is it too much?

Also, how many times do you actually need to fan a day, the tutorial I read said like 3-5 times a day but what if I have a fish-pump pumping some new air in? Or would it work if I put some polyfill in a hole in the lid so there can be air-exchange?

--------------------
]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
Re: Sterility of fruiting chamber area... [Re: Wysefool]
    #1279088 - 02/04/03 04:01 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

There can never be too much cleaning. Vacuum the place out, etc. Use a ton of lysol. The fruiting chamber doesn't need to be as sterile as the jars and substrates themselves due to the fact that the mycelium has already established itself. At this point it's better at fighting off contams. Make sure the area is still somewhat clean/sterile though.

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Loc: East Side
Re: Sterility of fruiting chamber area... [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1279102 - 02/04/03 04:07 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yea i cant get contams if i tryed in my terrium but i have gotten a few hear and there threw my jars just clean up the terrium dump some water out every month you use it and like you said spray some lysol around the terrium and you should be fine.

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: Sterility of fruiting chamber area... [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1279903 - 02/04/03 09:31 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

while you can't be too clean, you can overuse cleaning agents, antiseptics, etc. it is best to optimize you cleanliness proceedures to avoid over dependence on such materials. this does not mean that these agents are not nessecary at times, but it's good (not to mention healthier) not to use them when general preventative measures can be taken in the first place.

yes, vacuming definately does seem to be an effective and often overlooked precaution.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix