Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineemeraldlife88
Emerald

Getting through weed paranoia
    #12781585 - 06/21/10 10:08 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Okay, so a few weeks okay I had a bad high - a panic attack, a major one. Since then it's all been fine, but tonight, after, once again, smoking a large ass bowl from a bong very fast after smoking all day, which leads me to believe the cause is smoking too much, I had a minor case of that. It got a little intense, but nothing compared to the other, as I was equipped and realizing it was the weed making me panic - I finally was able to take an alnaytical look at my situation and realize the roots - that i have an everlasting paranoia on a lot of things, weed being one, and that i have to stop it - that minute the freezing feeling, which i also realized is stress since it doesn't actually feel like your freezing, freezing comes in short burts, but if your constantly shaking, it's cause your panicing, anyway upon realizing this it went away and it didnt really come back, only a little when i get nervous again but i got over it, and as time went by the high leveled. it's been a little more than an hour since i smoked, so i'm feeling pretty chill to be honest, it left me in a tired but relaxed state, anyway, i think that people who face and stress and become scared of what it really is, see if you can figure a root for the stress and if you can your likely to get rid of it, and realize it is just builtup tension from everything, and to live a happier life for yourself

-sometimes some of us just aren't meant to be all day daily smokers, it's too much

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAzura
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Getting through weed paranoia [Re: emeraldlife88]
    #12781639 - 06/21/10 10:15 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I used to experience anxiety when smoking weed, but for some reason that I can't explain I just don't feel it anymore. I smoke a lot less than I used to. I make smoking weed a treat maybe 1-2 times a week. Not a daily ritual like I used to.

I can only assume that the more I smoked the more anxiety/paranoia I would be consumed with.

Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

#12781647 - 06/21/10 10:17 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I think your little dash there is the answer to your problem. If you have like legit anxiety problems you should get some help, otherwise just stop getting into situations in which that happens, i.e. smokin weed all day

--------------------

A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery

Re: Getting through weed paranoia [Re: bloodsheen]
    #12781779 - 06/21/10 10:34 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Uh I don't know about you guys but I ONLY get paranoid from weed when I havent smoked for a long time.

It goes away when I smoke everyday.

OfflineSnotfish
Striped
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Getting through weed paranoia [Re: Poptart]
    #12782130 - 06/21/10 11:35 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

yeah i only get anxiety if i havn't smoked in a while as well.

--------------------

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: Getting through weed paranoia [Re: Snotfish]
    #12782286 - 06/22/10 12:07 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I get anxiety if I have other things going on in my life... I once made the mistake of taking a few bongs rips a day or two before going into the studio with my band and I had a massive panic attack.

Weed doesn't calm me down if I have bigger issues going on in my life, it just makes me dwell on it more and start freaking out. I only smoke when I don't have other things going on... because being all foggy headed just worsens the anxiety when I have things to do.

Smoking less helps to... like one hit every 10 minutes or so...

Offlineemeraldlife88
Emerald

Re: Getting through weed paranoia [Re: Subconscious]
    #12783453 - 06/22/10 09:10 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldn't say I have those problems in the day to day, but when I smoke too much weed, and it's always the same amount, I do, so yes, your right in that I shouldn't smoke that much weed in order to avoid anxiety, but that was what the post was about, being high and actually getting rid of the anxiety while i was high, like beating it myself

InvisibleBirdsIView
Mr. Helms
 User Gallery
    #12783903 - 06/22/10 11:05 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I used to have it really bad even when I was smoking heavily (peer pressure and pure boredom kept my use high) and then I went to having none of it but recently I've been getting anxious, not exactly paranoid though. If I'm stuck in a situation where I can't move around and am left to the never ending thoughts in my head, then I start to get a little crazy. Now, I make sure to only smoke when I can get out and enjoy nature, go for a run, do some exercise or even just driving around.

Offlinemodsquad9999
Stranger

Re: Getting through weed paranoia [Re: Subconscious]
    #12783905 - 06/22/10 11:05 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Subconscious said:
I get anxiety if I have other things going on in my life... I once made the mistake of taking a few bongs rips a day or two before going into the studio with my band and I had a massive panic attack.

Weed doesn't calm me down if I have bigger issues going on in my life, it just makes me dwell on it more and start freaking out. I only smoke when I don't have other things going on... because being all foggy headed just worsens the anxiety when I have things to do.

Smoking less helps to... like one hit every 10 minutes or so...

also it could be the strain.. i get it way more when i havent smoked for a few weeks and try to hang with friends who smoke all day..

i recently quit, its been 7 days... like subconcious said, i need to focus right now on bigge rthings, then when vacation time arises i'll start again

Offlineyogimeetreats
Mirror Explorer
 User Gallery

Re: Getting through weed paranoia [Re: modsquad9999]
    #12783951 - 06/22/10 11:14 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I've noticed a great difference in highs depending the strain of dro I'm smoking

The "stoned" highs usually come with a bit of anxiety but when I get some of those upper-type highs I get from some types of kush/dank I always have a great time

--------------------
:smilingpuppy::tripping:

InvisibleFunkMasterShroom
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Getting through weed paranoia [Re: yogimeetreats]
    #12785077 - 06/22/10 02:49 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/01/chem-lab-the-sc/

Quote:

a group of Italian scientists explained that low doses of tetrahydrocannabinol — the psychoactive chemical in marijuana — tend to be calming while large amounts have the opposite effect.

Quote:

they learned that THC works wonders in the prefrontal cortex and ventral hippocampus, but causes anxious behavior when dribbled into the basolateral amygdala.

I cant remember the details, and a quick search doesnt bring it up, but there was a documentary on TV I watched a few weeks back, about the effects of the kinds of Cannabis now spread throughout the markets.

Apparently, the original outdoor grown variety, had a balanced level of THC and other active ingredients. While now-adays with such a focus on THC potency itself, the other actives (which regulate and balance the effect on the organism) have been left out. One of these other actives moderated the side effects of Paranoia and Schizophrenic like symptoms.

Not to mention, there are differences of actives between the 3 main strains -Sativa, Indica, and Ruderalis.

http://howtogrowmarijuana.com/marijuana-strains.html

--------------------
Why did the chicken cross the road?
To get to the other side.

"Adapt.
Adjust.
Accommodate."

"Professional help is being thought." - Bill Hicks

It would be hilarious... if it wasn't so sad...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds