Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechogaso
Stranger

found a bunch of types of mushroms....curious to know if....
    #12760217 - 06/17/10 08:31 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I live in southern minnesota and i found these mushrooms growing on a frolf course in the woods, some were growing of old rotting wood and the others out of the ground where there was a lot of wood debris and leaves...the woods were pretty spaced out and not much other vegetation other than spaced out trees....i think the wood was oak, and the soil was really rich and muddy...i will get more specific with the pictures...Now these pics arent the best i just found these and if any stick out i was gonna get a spore print and what not...if worse comes to worse here some pics to just check out... enjoy life EVERYONE!

1 was growing in colonies on the side of a stump... dome shaped caps and black gills.

2 was growing on the ground by itself in wood debris and bud...it was slimy and the cap was convex along with the stem being grayish brown and circular with a white/yellowish eye...

3 was kinda a cool one it was a brownish color with was seemed to be little spots of red all over the top of the cap...it was found growing on some old oak logs that was black

number 4 was found growing on the side of an oak stump the caps are dome shaped and orangish brown with white circular stems

5 was found growing on an old rotting oak stump... you can see the caps i dont know really how to describe them haha

these are just more pictures of 2

6 was found growing out of wood debris and leaves light brown in color with a white brown stem and a distinct eye on the top of the cone shaped cap. gills are very black.

7 was found growing outta of some rotting oak. the cap is popcorn shaped with a light brown fade the the eye of the cap...white stems and grew in small colonies.

8 was found growing in wood debris and leaves. dark brown stem and a dark brown convex cap.

9 was also found growing in wood debris and leaves. light brown convex cap with a orange brown eye and a black stem.

10 was found in mostly leaves with wood debris...kinda slimy dome shaped caps that had whiteish edges and turned orangish brown as you headed towards the eye. the stems were also black.

11 was really cool...beautiful orange colored mushrooms growing in nice little colonies on dead oak. slimy caps the were convex.

Edited by chogaso (06/17/10 08:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemasspan
l'eclair
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: found a bunch of types of mushroms....curious to know if.... [Re: chogaso]
    #12760314 - 06/17/10 08:49 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

blindingly blurry...pretty sure nothing active or worth eating if that helps...a TI will probably swing through and say something more specific...btw, if a TI does swing through, how's about a TIA (Trusted Identifier's Assistant) label gets thrown up here? a TIAss., so to speak? :wink:

--------------------

my mother said, to get things done, you'd better not mess with Major Tom...whose status is the baddest, everytime 'they' bless the apparatus

Offlinemasspan
l'eclair
 User Gallery

Re: found a bunch of types of mushroms....curious to know if.... [Re: masspan]
    #12760317 - 06/17/10 08:50 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

...and holy crap, what's a 'frolf'???

--------------------

my mother said, to get things done, you'd better not mess with Major Tom...whose status is the baddest, everytime 'they' bless the apparatus

Offlinechogaso
Stranger

#12760350 - 06/17/10 08:55 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

haha thanks...i know they are little blury i tried.....but uh frolfing is Frisbee golf or disc golf

Offlinemasspan
l'eclair
 User Gallery

#12760368 - 06/17/10 08:58 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

ah, thank you...just learned that a 'doof' is an outdoor australian dance party recently, so i had to ask, thank you :smile:

--------------------

OfflineSomeGuy
I feel better now :)
Male User Gallery

#12760406 - 06/17/10 09:04 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

wish I could see the stem on 4, reminds me of somethingjust a little:wink:

Offlinechogaso
Stranger

Re: found a bunch of types of mushroms....curious to know if.... [Re: SomeGuy]
    #12760448 - 06/17/10 09:09 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

like i said if any of them look to maybe be active i will for sure go out and get much more info,... this was just to kinda share... i have been trying to learn how to identify active mushrooms! i ordered a few books that i think may help and until i get em i figured i might as well look for some! haha thanks for the comments everyone here is so nice...which is awesome

OfflineSomeGuy
I feel better now :)
Male User Gallery

#12760512 - 06/17/10 09:18 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

rule no. 1 if it looks like it has blue staing/bruising, look harder. Those are ovoids, of course, in my pic

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck