Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineXpatriot
Stranger
How does one break away/not conform to society?
    #12744897 - 06/15/10 12:55 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I just watched a video by Alan Watts about non conformity, about rising above the "games" we play in modern society. I aspire to do this, to figure out how to change myself and learn new ways of thinking. When I say break away I do not mean physically, but mentally, within my own mental landscape. Obviously psychedelics are one way to do this, but are there other ways? How can I transcend social conditioning without using drugs? Can anyone suggest some books that radically changed the way they viewed the world, even if only temporarily?

I also ask, is it really even possibly or feasible for the common man to have a mental revolution so drastic it undermines his social conditioning, while still continuing to live and act within that society? Im beginning to think this may be impossible, that you have to remove your physical self as well as your mental self, any thoughts would be appreciated.

If you want to watch the video its pretty interesting here it is--

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedopestone
tryptavision
 User Gallery

Re: How does one break away/not conform to society? [Re: Xpatriot]
    #12744923 - 06/15/10 01:03 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

breaking from society in the empire is not so easy as taking shrooms and going hiking a lot.

it requires mindfulness of people's intentions and words and refusing to be manipulated by anyone.

it's hard work. i would say the best way to non conform would be to dream and become good at it.

hope this guides your question a little bit more realistically than idealizing growing your own pot and shrooms in your self sustaining urban/suburban garden, selling your car and riding your bike everywhere and allowing your hair/beard to grow as you play super mario galaxy 2 all the time because it's so god damn focused on your feelings.

they know where you live they are coming for you, whether you think you're conforming or not.

--------------------
in general, i'm not sure if i'm indecisive or not.

OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
    #12744938 - 06/15/10 01:06 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Laugh at marketing, and do whatever you want to do as long is it doesnt hurt anyone else.

Those are the rules

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
Re: How does one break away/not conform to society? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #12744944 - 06/15/10 01:07 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Be embarassed at what you are at the core.

*sigh*

Honesty that's all you need to get it all fucked up.

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: How does one break away/not conform to society? [Re: Beanhead]
    #12744990 - 06/15/10 01:18 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Wear all black clothes that you bought at goodwill, become a wiccan, and live on over priced coffee and chinese food.

That'll show the man!:crankey:

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Invisiblethe human abstract
malaka the werewolf
Male User Gallery

Re: How does one break away/not conform to society? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #12745011 - 06/15/10 01:28 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

"Is this whwat I've become? A callous uncaring soul
That Allows the will of flesh to dominate and control
This is my counter attack
Starve the self, and empower the soul"

-dead to fall

--------------------
★★

OfflineBluePixieWaves
Male User Gallery

Re: How does one break away/not conform to society? [Re: the human abstract]
    #12745044 - 06/15/10 01:46 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Embrace bizarre practices, things you keep away from others due to social normality's, and be true to your self no matter what. Don't go against everything mainstream if you actually like something that is accepted or liked by conformist, because if you do your just conforming to non conforming. Be your self and do what you want, you are your own influence. Just tell someone to fuck off if you don't want to conform to them, but always be open minded toward others even if they are complete scum. 

A book that changed my view of the world and unplugged my brain from the redundant views of the glamorized society was Fight Club. It helped me become who I am today and was the begging of opening my third eye. Be you and be true to yourself. Also never watch T.V. it does more brainwashing then you think. Well you know...:imo:

--------------------

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Re: How does one break away/not conform to society? [Re: dopestone]
    #12745161 - 06/15/10 02:47 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

dopestone said:

it requires mindfulness of people's intentions and words and refusing to be manipulated by anyone.

this is the biggest thing, plus what everyone else said.

speaking only for myself, i dont know that I could ever conform even if i really wanted to.

someone once said to me :

"you know what I like about you? You arent a non conformist for the sake of being a non conformist, you are a non conformist because you cant confrom"

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

malaka the werewolf
Male User Gallery

Re: How does one break away/not conform to society? [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #12745167 - 06/15/10 02:52 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

yes it goes

hippies
hair metal guys
grunge
emo kids

all end up conforming sooner or later

--------------------
★★

Offlinewickedscepter
Freedom Fighter
Male

Re: How does one break away/not conform to society? [Re: BluePixieWaves]
    #12745172 - 06/15/10 02:54 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Breaking away from society is difficult and requires perseverance but is possible because I can say that I have taken great strides towards that goal. It's hard because you have to find and hone in on your inner voice and LISTEN to it. You will have to go against everything the external world tells you including the advice of probably all of your friends and family. Have faith that nature gave your body the tools it needs to survive and that you can learn to utilize them. First things first though...

-Stop watching TV, movies, listening to the radio, and reading any mainstream literature. Everything that is easily available to you is programming. Everything difficult, confusing, or otherwise considered bullshit by society is the coolest shit ever if you research it yourself and get to the bottom of it. Everything you think you know is wrong and the man (government, banking cartels, NWO) controls everything. However, learning about this incredible fraud which is the biggest concern facing humanity at this point grants you ultimate freedom. You have to reexamine everything you do, all your beliefs, and everything about your life to discover why you do things. What is your intent?

-Do lots of LSD and learn as much as you can about yourself because the external world is a reflection of the internal world. Psychedelics if properly utilized are one of the greatest tools available to mankind. Master them for when you master them you master all the various potentials of your being. Read Be Here Now by Ram Dass to delve deeper into the acid religion.

-Learn about the NWO
---Behold a Pale Horse - William Cooper
---Zeitgeist (movie)
---The Federal Reserve, banking cartels, banksters
---(9/11/2001)
---secret societies, Freemasons, The Illuminati
---Steven Thaler, Creativity Machine
---The oil spill in the gulf, abovetopsecret.com
(all this can be found by typing it into a search engine)

-Read The Celestine Prophecies to find out about energy and how it works for you.

-Learn about where your food comes from. Adopt a Vegan diet of organic fruits and vegetables. Meat and dairy products are unnatural and unnecessary. A plant based diet will impose significantly fewer physical, mental, and emotional limitations on your body.

-Exercise. Learn about the physical aspects of your body. Stretch.

-Learn to meditate. It is key because you can't take acid everyday forever and will help you maintain the state of enlightenment you achieve during your psychedelic experiences. http://www.realization.org/page/namedoc0/mipe/mipe_0.htm

-Realize who your are. Develop your potential. Work on yourself. www.stevepavlina.com

-Read up on Nassim Haramein and Michio Kaku. Both are theoretical physicists who are turning the scientific world upside down with mind blowing theories pointing towards the future of humanity. The world is infinite.

GOOD LUCK! There is so much more than this but this is a good start. Envision what you want and make it happen. Don't worry about getting where your going just remember to BE HERE NOW!

malaka the werewolf
Male User Gallery

Re: How does one break away/not conform to society? [Re: wickedscepter]
    #12745201 - 06/15/10 03:12 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i know you put a lot of effort into that post so dont take this as flaming, a lot of people will try to ridicule you for posting something like that but im not an asshole

imo a lot of those recomendations are full of fear

the only rule you must follow is doing what makes you happy, realize that the chinese have over 100,000 people that could kill every rothchild in days maybe hours

the illuminati gets too much glammer for how pathetic it is

and movies connect a huge part of our collective subconsciousness as does music

look into sirius satellite radio and their mascot being a black dog

look where the star sirius is on the dog

--------------------
★★

Edited by the human abstract (06/15/10 03:18 AM)

Offlinewickedscepter
Freedom Fighter
Male

Re: How does one break away/not conform to society? [Re: the human abstract]
    #12745258 - 06/15/10 03:55 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

These ideas may instill fear within you but once you understand them fully they won't. Right now these things are scary because you don't know that much about them. I do not live in fear. I don't let anyone or anything make decisions for me and because I can recognize the games, I can opt out of them. If you refuse to acknowledge the games exist and that everyone everywhere is playing them along with you, then you remain a prisoner to them.

Also, this is such a huge all encompassing thing that there is no way in hell I expect you to really know what the fuck I'm talking about from one post. We are all at different points on the path and it has taken some time for me to get here. Take your time and good luck on your journey.

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#12745268 - 06/15/10 03:59 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Lol conforming to non-conforming.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

malaka the werewolf
Male User Gallery

Re: How does one break away/not conform to society? [Re: Enjoywho]
    #12745273 - 06/15/10 04:10 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Enjoywho said:
Lol conforming to non-conforming.

yes but not choosing either is still making a choice

--------------------
★★

Offlinemikeisapro
Pro

#12745280 - 06/15/10 04:14 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Read Dumbing us down by John Taylor Gatto

Also Underground History of American Education, same guy, he has it free on his website.

Anyone who is or desires to be an independent thinker/person (not conform) should read this guys stuff it reveals the truths about why schools exist....

CAn't believe this wasnt mentioned in this thread LOL.

--------------------
Life without drugs lacks substance(s).

malaka the werewolf
Male User Gallery

#12745286 - 06/15/10 04:18 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wickedscepter said:
These ideas may instill fear within you but once you understand them fully they won't. Right now these things are scary because you don't know that much about them. I do not live in fear. I don't let anyone or anything make decisions for me and because I can recognize the games, I can opt out of them. If you refuse to acknowledge the games exist and that everyone everywhere is playing them along with you, then you remain a prisoner to them.

Also, this is such a huge all encompassing thing that there is no way in hell I expect you to really know what the fuck I'm talking about from one post. We are all at different points on the path and it has taken some time for me to get here. Take your time and good luck on your journey.

ok dont tell me i have fear when you post up a fear mongering documentary like zietgiest. if you knew of this movement you would know to not post that.  there is no winner or loser of this, i dont see how you relate this to a game

you know me from this thread and you tell me i dont know about this subject :facepalm:

you seem to be somewhat knowledgeable, be a beacon of light so that others can gain wisdom, please dont use your knowledge to inject fear though

--------------------
★★

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate