Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRkas
Stranger
Amanita muscaria
    #12720836 - 06/10/10 02:09 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I was told to post this here so here it goes

I went to Lithuania this summer for vacation, to visit some relatives. My grandparents have a farm with a huge forest around it. Yesterday as I was wandering around the forest I saw a lot of which I found out today is called Amanita muscaria. I really want to pick some of these and try them out but I am kind of scared because all my relatives say they are fatal. I did some research about them however, and found out that in low doses they are not fatal and are actually hallucinogenic. I now want to try them even more, but im not quite sure yet. Can anyone share their experiences with me? Does anyone know what the fatal dose is, or how much is needed to feel anything? Also, does anyone know what the best way to prepare them is? Any information about the subject would be greatly appreciated.

PS - I read that there are different types of Amanita muscaria, but the one that I found has a red cap with white spots on it. It also has a kind of little skirt on the stem.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTangich

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Amanita muscaria [Re: Rkas]
    #12720994 - 06/10/10 02:38 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Amanita muscaria is not fatal, nor really poisonous. That is just misinformation spread by older folks. Most people belive muscaria is the most poisonous mushroom in the world, and believe me when I tell you that is total bullcrap. Muscaria contains muscimol whics is a deliriant/psychedelic, and most people don't like the effects. I however do. One medium cap should be enough for a light experience, 3 or higher gets very weird and mystical.
Best way to prepare them is to put them in the open oven at 150* celsius to dry, and when they're completely dry just chew or grind them.
I can't really speak about experiences because it affects every person in a different way. Start small to see if you like it.

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
Re: Amanita muscaria [Re: Tangich]
    #12722076 - 06/10/10 06:10 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Make sure you dry em properly or the nausea will get to you.

Despite its coverage in popular media ie. Alice in Wonderland, it's not very popular. I think it's reserved for the real mystical types given the dreams I had on it.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

OfflineRkas
Stranger
Re: Amanita muscaria [Re: circastes]
    #12724345 - 06/11/10 01:40 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Do I have to dry them in the oven? Or can I just leave them outside in the sun to dry? And do I have to do anything else to prepare it, or can I just eat the dry cap?

InvisibleTangich

Folding@home Statistics
    #12724377 - 06/11/10 02:02 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

You can just eat the dry cap. It is best to dry them in the oven if possible. Drying process converts a certain portion of ibotenic acid (which can cause nausea and some other health difficulties), and drying them at high temperatures converts most of it to muscimol (which is the active compound). So sun dried muscaria will be less potent and more likely to cause side effects  then oven dried one.

OfflineRkas
Stranger
    #12724396 - 06/11/10 02:13 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Alright, Ill try to dry them in the oven, how long should I keep it in for? But lets say I do sun dry them, and eat 1 cap, would that be enough to make me feel nauseaus or no? Sorry for all these questions I just want to make sure what im dealing with

InvisibleFunkMasterShroom
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #12724440 - 06/11/10 02:35 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Tangich said:
Amanita muscaria is not fatal, nor really poisonous. That is just misinformation spread by older folks. Most people belive muscaria is the most poisonous mushroom in the world, and believe me when I tell you that is total bullcrap. Muscaria contains muscimol whics is a deliriant/psychedelic, and most people don't like the effects. I however do. One medium cap should be enough for a light experience, 3 or higher gets very weird and mystical.
Best way to prepare them is to put them in the open oven at 150* celsius to dry, and when they're completely dry just chew or grind them.
I can't really speak about experiences because it affects every person in a different way. Start small to see if you like it.

I dosed some 12 medium-large Pantherina's (or they're NorthAmerican Equivelants, which I've come to learn are not exactly the same as pantherina..) cooked in tea for about half an hour, and ended up passing out, and entering a coma for 14+ hours. I nearly lost my kidneys, and there was massive amounts of muscle protienes flowing through my blood.. (when I passed out, I was slumped over, and lost sensation on the top of my right thigh for 2 months)- anyway.. What exactly is the difference that causes toxicity in Pantherina's that is apparently also in the other toxic species of Amanita, excluding Muscarina specifically.. (though pantherina also supposedly containing moderate levels of Muscimol/ibotenic)

--------------------
Why did the chicken cross the road?
To get to the other side.

"Adapt.
Adjust.
Accommodate."

"Professional help is being thought." - Bill Hicks

It would be hilarious... if it wasn't so sad...

InvisibleTangich

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Amanita muscaria [Re: FunkMasterShroom]
    #12724448 - 06/11/10 02:43 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Well from what I've read, pantherina doesn't contain anything else then muscaria, just has very, very high levels of ibotenic acid and muscimol. You simply overdosed. 12 muscarias would be too much, and pantherina is supposedly 10x more potent. And they were probably not properly (or at all) dried. Ibotenic acid is a powerful neurotoxin in high enough doses, and you are lucky to be alive.
OP- you can leave them in the oven for 30 - 60 minutes and then let them dry in the sun, or leave them in until completely dry. As for your other question, I can't answer that, actives content can vary greatly, you will just have to try that for yourself.

Stranger
Male User Gallery

#12724470 - 06/11/10 02:55 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Undried, raw, fresh , right from the ground. at first i began to sense a drunken like state, where my vision would sort of strobe from place to place when I turned my head, or looked around. But quickly I became very tired, remembered closing my eyes, then waking up in the hospital the next day, delirious, with a tube in my dick. And I ended up getting lockjaw later that day as well, which only antihistamines alleviated.

From what I had learned beforehand, Pantherina's contained some of the toxins that say Deathcaps had, but it was minimal, (perhaps I mistook it for the Ibotenic) and had very little muscimol. Hence the reason for needing a higher dose, but it being riskier because of the toxicity. Why Pantherina's were considered Toxic and Muscarina's hallucinogenic. I had gathered most of my info from erowid and library books at the time. (it was a 3 years ago or so- knowing what I thought I knew, I took them anyway, out of desperation, in a depressed mental state.. I got what I asked for to say the least, if not what I would have liked)

The doc also said I am lucky to be alive. Anyway.. At least now I know better.
Thanks for the info.

--------------------

"Adapt.
Adjust.
Accommodate."

OfflineRkas
Stranger
    #12726700 - 06/11/10 02:58 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Okay well I went back to my grandparents' farm today and I picked 10 caps. I was sun drying them all day (I had no access to the oven because my grandparents were pondering around the house the entire time). At the end of the day after about 8 hours of drying I decided to ground the caps up into a pretty fine powder. But then I had to leave the farm and go back to our house in the city. I am thinking about eating some of the powder once I go back, or I am thinking about maybe putting the powder into some boiling water and then drinking it after a while. I do not know how much to eat however, I dont have a scale but do you, or anyone else, know how many teaspoons of the powder should I take to have some very low to mild effects?

InvisibleTangich

Folding@home Statistics
    #12730054 - 06/12/10 04:48 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Well if you dried 10 caps, try to divide the powder into 10 equal piles, and eat one of them, that should be enough for mild to medium effects, depending on the potency. If you get very nauseus, try to vomit, you'll feel much better.
FMS - pantherina doesn't contain amatoxins, but high concentration of ibotenic acid. It contains small amounts of muscimol, but with drying ibotenic acid is converted to muscimol, and then it's much, much more potent than muscaria.
Both muscaria and pantherina are considered very toxic, that's just misinformation. In their raw states they are toxic, because of ibotenic acid.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#12733945 - 06/12/10 10:41 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Tangich said:

no offense but seriously fuck you stop spreading misinformation fresh is the best way !!!!!

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/9327978/

talk to him about it

if your that inexperienced in amanita but think you are ill totally forgive you. but admit your not that experienced and dont know better :grin:

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Edited by thedudenj (06/12/10 10:55 PM)

InvisibleTangich

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Amanita muscaria [Re: thedudenj]
    #12734573 - 06/13/10 03:20 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I admit I'm inexperienced with fresh amanita, but I'm not trying to spread misinformation. Decarboxylation needs to happen, and best way to achieve that for someone totally inexperienced with amanita is to dry them at high temperatures. Ibotenic acid and muscimol content veries gratly with region and season, so you must be really lucky to be able to eat them fresh. I want to try them fresh this season, until then I won't say if you're right or not. I think that's just a matter of opinion, I like the dry, you like them fresh, if someone wants to experiment, he will try it both ways and see what works for him.

OfflineMetamorph
oneirotrophic

#12734627 - 06/13/10 03:48 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

A little OT but how long could one store dried amanitas, e.g. sealed up in a plastic bag without (substantial) loss of potency? How stable is muscimol?

OfflineRkas
Stranger
Re: Amanita muscaria [Re: Metamorph]
    #12734662 - 06/13/10 04:33 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

@thedudenj - I read the guide that you posted the link too. And I was just wondering what wondering what your thoughts about making tea are? I ground up 10 dried caps and im thinking about putting 1/10th of it into a cup and pouring boiling water over it, and I guess I would add some salt to cus it said that in the guide. If I did all that do you think it would work out or should I do something else with the powder?

Stranger
Male User Gallery

#12735624 - 06/13/10 11:36 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Uh, i almost died from overdosing on Amanita's, how can you claim they arent dangerous/fatal.. X.x

Fat chance you'll go into a coma from lsd/psilocybin/thc..

--------------------

"Adapt.
Adjust.
Accommodate."

Invisiblegolden1
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: north korea
    #12735683 - 06/13/10 11:46 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

"A fatal dose has been calculated at approximately 15 caps.[59] Deaths from A. muscaria have been reported in historical journal articles and newspaper reports;[60][61][62] however, with modern medical treatment a fatal outcome would be extremely rare.[63] Many older books mistakenly list it as deadly, giving the impression that it is far more toxic than it really is.[64] The North American Mycological Association has stated there are no reliably documented fatalities in the past 100 years."

"I dosed some 12 medium-large Pantherina's"

Shit man, anything is dangerous if you go crazy with the dose.

InvisibleTangich

Folding@home Statistics
    #12735719 - 06/13/10 11:53 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FunkMasterShroom said:
Uh, i almost died from overdosing on Amanita's, how can you claim they arent dangerous/fatal.. X.x

You can also overdose and die on alcohol. :shrug:
In low to mederate doses they are not that dangerous, but eating 12 fresh amanita pantherinas is a crazy dose.

Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Amanita muscaria [Re: golden1]
    #12735732 - 06/13/10 11:55 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yea, I had underinformed myself, and mistakenly believed that Pantherina's were less potent, but contained another toxin in it (in minute proportions) that Muscarina didn't. Plus I was at a life-time-drama-bored-moment-of-desperation-and-depression.. So.. ahem.. I didnt really care.. aha..ha..hrmm..

Anyway.. Lesson learned. I'm glad I lived ^^ no more crazy doses of something I'm not a thousand percent sure of. well.. maybe less then a thousand, but many references.. Luckily, i now am on the shroomery :laugh:

--------------------

"Adapt.
Adjust.
Accommodate."

InvisiblePsYLoW
Hyperspace

Loc: Middle of Nowhere
    #12736261 - 06/13/10 01:41 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Rkas said:
I was told to post this here so here it goes

I went to Lithuania this summer for vacation, to visit some relatives. My grandparents have a farm with a huge forest around it. Yesterday as I was wandering around the forest I saw a lot of which I found out today is called Amanita muscaria. I really want to pick some of these and try them out but I am kind of scared because all my relatives say they are fatal. I did some research about them however, and found out that in low doses they are not fatal and are actually hallucinogenic. I now want to try them even more, but im not quite sure yet. Can anyone share their experiences with me? Does anyone know what the fatal dose is, or how much is needed to feel anything? Also, does anyone know what the best way to prepare them is? Any information about the subject would be greatly appreciated.

PS - I read that there are different types of Amanita muscaria, but the one that I found has a red cap with white spots on it. It also has a kind of little skirt on the stem.

Wow someone is in the same small country called Lithuania as me... :smile:
But yes, we have a lot of amanitas growing everywhere.
I heard that drying them and mixing with apple sauce is the best way to go.

--------------------
:jah::leaf::leaf::leaf: I see marijuana trees growing wild and free! :leaf::leaf::leaf::jah:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies