Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMoonraker
Friend
Male User Gallery

PE bulk grow. Control experiment (Twin FC's with drastically different results)
    #12698123 - 06/06/10 04:24 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you to everyone here who has ever helped anyone. I'm working on being less of a noob and tweaking my techniques.

This two trays were all done simultaneously and with the exact same procedure and increments: G2G transfer -> WBS pint jars -> spawned to coir (i forget the exact ratio but probably about 1:3)-> cased with 50% verm and 50% peat (maybe a little heavier on the verm though).

Both trays barely had any aborts at all. But one tray had significantly more pins. However since its sister tray had more numerous fruits the other tray compensated with much larger fruits. Its amazing to me how different these tubs turned out considering how similarly they were constructed. It just goes to show you how big of a role the unexpected plays. The biggest contributing variable that i can think of is that they are in two different FC's but they were always next to each other and treated the exact same way as far as fanning and misting goes. I guess I'll just let the pics do the talking:

Tray 1:

Tray 2:

Tray 1:

Tray 2:

Tray 1 final:

Tray 2 final:

So i tried to print a bunch of these caps, ones that were all the way open to the ones that still had there little uncircumcised veils on. I let some sit for 12 hours and some even went for 36 hours. No spores at all were visible. These things just don't drop anything. Oh well bummer, I was going to do an art contest for prints but i guess not. Damn you unnatural hybrid penis envies, you would never make it out in the real world. You're lucky you have us cultivators to keep your kind reproducing.

DRY WEIGHT GUESSES!?!?! I only have about half completely dried right now. The rest are just getting the touch up dry in a desiccant chamber. The closest guess gets a virtual high five.

--------------------
A human race with more highly developed spiritual capacities, with expanded consciousness of the depth and the incomprehensible wonder of being, would also have greater understanding of and better consideration for the biological and material foundation of life on this earth, Above all, for Western people with their hypertrophied rationality, the development and expansion of a direct, emotional experience of reality, unobstructed by words and concepts, would be of evolutionary significance.

Beginning to think is beginning to be undermined.

To fall in hell or soar angelic,
You need a pinch of psychedelic.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: PE bulk grow. Control experiment (Twin FC's with drastically different results) [Re: Moonraker]
    #12698176 - 06/06/10 04:36 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i say 126 grams dry total for the first flush.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Invisibleanonjon
Partially Right

Re: PE bulk grow. Control experiment (Twin FC's with drastically different results) [Re: Psychoslut]
    #12698668 - 06/06/10 06:11 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

With PE I'm not sure you want to print the caps that drop spores. I've read a lot of stories about how the PE traits get diminished over time. Use a swab on one that is not dropping spores. Your fruits should end up more penile.

The procedure is pretty simple. Take a clean q-tip, swap under the gills, place q-tip in ziplock. Then to germinate you simply make a swipe with the q-tip across the surface of some agar.

--------------------
The above post is fictional, hypothetical, or downright nonsensical.

:moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:    :moon:

Invisiblejokefox
Top of the chain
Male User Gallery

Loc: never where I should be
Re: PE bulk grow. Control experiment (Twin FC's with drastically different results) [Re: anonjon]
    #12698707 - 06/06/10 06:18 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

or you can cut the caps in half
right down the middle and print it like that
im pretty sure RR said that

Offlineafrosheen
9Lives the cat
Male User Gallery

Re: PE bulk grow. Control experiment (Twin FC's with drastically different results) [Re: jokefox]
    #12698785 - 06/06/10 06:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

jokefox said:
or you can cut the caps in half
right down the middle and print it like that
im pretty sure RR said that

That sounds interesting, but taking some tissue for cloning by splitting the stem in half is probably easier and just as effective. You're going to be doing agar work either way right?

--------------------

InvisibleJitsu
JKD Love
Male User Gallery

Re: PE bulk grow. Control experiment (Twin FC's with drastically different results) [Re: afrosheen]
    #12698868 - 06/06/10 06:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Are you using a single strain in this experiment?

--------------------
Do not deny the classical approach, simply as a reaction, or you will have created another pattern and trapped yourself there.

How I get my Pinsets
The Capabilities Of A Shotgun FC

OfflineMoonraker
Friend
Male User Gallery

Re: PE bulk grow. Control experiment (Twin FC's with drastically different results) [Re: Jitsu]
    #12699145 - 06/06/10 07:21 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

afrosheen said:

That sounds interesting, but taking some tissue for cloning by splitting the stem in half is probably easier and just as effective. You're going to be doing agar work either way right?

Yeah i've done some agar work before but i'm out of plates at the moment. I've cloned from inner mushroom tissue and then isolated my inevitably contaminated plate. But i've never really got to the selective isolation process. I don't really know what to look for as far as good myc traits.
Quote:

Jitsu said:
Are you using a single strain in this experiment?

Yes all the spawn jars came from the same master so yeah.

--------------------
A human race with more highly developed spiritual capacities, with expanded consciousness of the depth and the incomprehensible wonder of being, would also have greater understanding of and better consideration for the biological and material foundation of life on this earth, Above all, for Western people with their hypertrophied rationality, the development and expansion of a direct, emotional experience of reality, unobstructed by words and concepts, would be of evolutionary significance.

Beginning to think is beginning to be undermined.

To fall in hell or soar angelic,
You need a pinch of psychedelic.

Invisibleanonjon
Partially Right

Re: PE bulk grow. Control experiment (Twin FC's with drastically different results) [Re: afrosheen]
    #12701814 - 06/07/10 06:58 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

afrosheen said:

Yeah, but the spores are legal to mail to your buddies, whereas culture is not.

--------------------
The above post is fictional, hypothetical, or downright nonsensical.

:moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:    :moon:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag