Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCalimero
chronicheadache

Loc: Belgium
Your past views on so-called 'drugs' ???
    #1265689 - 01/31/03 11:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

When I was about 9 or 10 years old, I really thought of 'drugs' as something very bad.  Not that I had any idea what drugs could do to a man, but I was living in a 'drugs are bad' environment. (as many of you I assume)

I remember one night having a terrible nightmare about........a drunk man...who seemed to be acting a bit too weird, to my children-eyes at least. 
Crazy as it may sound, that really terrified me.

After a while though I became interested in drugs; mainly psychedelics.  But I sorta told myself that I would always treat them with respect,  with care if you will.

The main reason for this sudden change in view, was reading a summary by two Dutch about the delights of different substances.  They seemed pretty responsable people, both being respected authors in Holland. 

---)  http://www.ephedra.demon.nl/uitjebol/    ()--()  for my dutch friends ;
                                                                                  or you freaks out there who
                                                                                  want to learn dutch just so
                                                                                  your trip to amsterdam would
                                                                                  be nice  :wink:

Off course the music and lifestyle of good old Jimi in the magnificent era of the '60s also taught me the right way.  That led to me research on the internet, reading accounts of people's personal experiences with LSD for instance; which by the way immediately caught my interest.  I just loved the sound of it                    Acid!!          LLLLSSSSSSDDDDD

I had been awakened by reading all these mystical experiences; because those were definitely the ones that left me in awe.

But the sad thing is that I have yet to try acid, but there might just be a chance after my exams      After all, an old friend of mine always has 'acid' in his msn-namee; and he already gave me an e once.  I vaguely remember him telling me that he's very much into LSD 

so I hope to be fortunate enought to travel with this chemical
                      that I have almost dreamed of for several years

So anyway, my question was:    What used to be your views on so-called
                                                      'drugs' when you were a kid? 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCalimero
chronicheadache

Loc: Belgium
Re: Your past views on so-called 'drugs' ??? [Re: Calimero]
    #1265708 - 01/31/03 11:25 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know if I put this into the right forum          sorry  :crazy:

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
    #1265965 - 01/31/03 01:20 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I was a wacky little kid, I always said "I won't do drugs.... but ill drink!!" shows the great education DARE gives us  :smirk:

Now its the otherway around, I hardly drink, but I do drugs.

The sudden change was once I moved from cali to here, I was like "shit this sucks... I wanna get fucked up" so my friends had some pot so I was like "fuck, lemme see that" and I never looked back, I smoked some weed, it opened my eyes, I researched shit (like acid and shrooms) realized they wernt bad for me either, and so I went after them

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1265984 - 01/31/03 01:30 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I, too, was once in the "drugs are bad" frame of mind when I was a kid, except that I remember once in second grade, me and my friend rolled up pieces of paper and pretended they were joints. Naturally, we got yelled at for that(we were in class at the time). I remember my attitude started to shift when I was in 8th grade and actually got to know a few stoners and saw that weed wasn't really what the anti-drug people had me believing it was. Then I started smoking weed in 9th grade, and at that time I said, "Ok, I'm gonna smoke weed, but I'm not doing any other drugs." I kept that attitude until my Senior year of High School, when a raver at my school convinced me to try ecstacy.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #1267205 - 02/01/03 03:34 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I've grown in a 'drugs are bad' environment, although my parents were always against prohibitionism.

I remember once when i was 7-8 years old, some guy went to our school to talk about drugs. And he started that clich? crap 'if someone offers you, refuse or the first time you take it you'll be addicted'  and all that stuff.
I remember i started crying afterwards b/c i was afraid someone would grab me and shoot me with heroin and then i would be a druggie and get AIDS and hepatitis and die of OD...Stupid drug couseling people, scaring the hell out of 7 year olds  :mad:!

Than when i was 14 i started geting curious about hash b/c one of my friends was smoking it and told me it was great. As i had never seen anyone addicted to it, I tried it and loved it the first time it got me high.

Than, maybe a year later, one day i got home really really high (on a 2g hash yogurt) and put on some music, closed the lights and the windows and just layed in my bed listening.
I had the greatest CEV i've ever had. I guess it was more than just a CEV: i suddenly entered into a weird trance where i found myself flying through a space of multicolored dots (each one was a particular sound from the music i was hearing) - kind of hard to explain.
It was pretty natural...i only understood it was an hallucination after i snaped out of it...I was in awe when i in fact realized what had happened...(BTW, i never had had any kind of CEV out of weed before, nor i had anymore after that experience, so i have no idea what happened that day)

From that day on i've been interested in psychedelics, and started to read a lot about them...I couldn't find shrooms anywhere, and didn't want to try acid w/o first trying shrooms...

Than, a couple years later i found the shroomery and started growing mushies... :laugh:

Than i tried Salvia twice, which lead me to know i'm still not ready for it.
Than MDMA which i find it's nothing special, so i only do it very occasionally.
Than LSD, 4 or 5 times, although i can say i only had two full on psychedelic experiences out of it (one of them being a combo of acid + shrooms)...   

OfflineCrass
Explorer of theMind

#1267289 - 02/01/03 04:43 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I never was really scared of alchohal because my dad has a huge cabinet full of liquor and I had my first drink when I was in like 6th grade..

But I used to be really scared of pot.. I thought that if you smoked it, it would make you retarded... and I didn't really know about any other drugs back then, heroin and cocaine and such were just words that I didn't think much about.

OfflineSuperunknown
Stranger

Re: Your past views on so-called 'drugs' ??? [Re: Crass]
    #1267511 - 02/01/03 07:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Until about 6th grade I gave into that "drugs are bad" state of mind, but its in 7th grade when i smoked my first joint. I started doing research on all these stupid anti drug things they gave us in school. They gave us book marks that said tabacco kills more than drunk driving, marijuana, murders and all this other shit COMBINED, DON'T DO IT! then in health class they said Marijuana kills more than that combined, DON'T DO IT. So I questioned this during class, my teacher mumbled a little bit and then later kicked me out of his class for asking, "dumb questions" as he put it. From then on I knew it was all bullshit.
-Chris

OfflineAbsolut_B
Just some guy

Loc: In my pants
    #1269790 - 02/01/03 10:57 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I used to have this certain dream where someone would come up to me and try to give me a little baggie full of drugs(generalized dare "drugs").  I even had this neat plan to grab the drugs and then immediately find someone in a position of authority.

My views changed in a manner different from most as it was based on philosophy and not experience.  I discovered that drug use was not immoral in any sense of the word.  Once I figured that out I ended up making friends with several potheads and realized that we had lots in common, although I didn't smoke.  This was also the same time I came to accept the fact that their "drug" use was the exact same as my rampant alcohol consumption.  Once the stigmas are broken there is no going back. 

Edited by Absolut_B (10/13/09 06:13 PM)

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Your past views on so-called 'drugs' ??? [Re: Absolut_B]
    #1269938 - 02/02/03 02:14 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I remember growing up in elementary school thinking pot was this really dangerous drug that only really hardcore people did.
I dont remember anyone influencing me about how bad drugs were, but I got the ideas somewhere. Probably subconsciously from school now that I think of it. I never payed much attention but I guess their bullshit did sink in. They just painted drug users as these really nasty addicted freaks of society, and when you havent actually interacted with any real drug users, that's all you can really think of them, there is nothing else to go on.
As soon as I hit junior high (6th grade) I got these urges of rebellion against authority. Most likely because it was the 'cool' thing to do. But it felt good, regardless. So it wasn't long before I was introduced to reefer. (in 7th grade i think)
I smoked it a few times and actually didn't even get high at all. I probably wasn't even hitting the shit right, I don't really remember.
Then like another year later I started smoking alot and I remember having the most magical feeling highs. The whole world just got bubbley and liquidy, it was great!
I did fall into some pretty depressing ghetto crowds where all they did was smoke weed, but I still loved getting high.

As for hallucinogens, the funny thing was I didn't even know what they were or what they did. Nobody had ever really explained the experience to me.
One time I went to buy some reefer and all the guy had was mushrooms. So I was like "Ok, I'll take some of those." I thought they just got you 'high' or something. Just another type of weed high.
I ate a few caps the following night and man did it rock my world. I remember lying back staring at a wall and suddenly it began to pulsate and jut out in spikes. My first hallucination.
I laughed my ass off the whole night and remember everything was just breathing and swirling with colors.

Then I did acid the first time a year or so later, and it that was a whole other world in itself. The beauty I witnessed changed my life forever

I had zero knowledge about any of this growing up, and now it's become such an important part of my life. it's been a journey i've chosen to embark on, not someplace I've been filed away to by the system.

I really wish I had gotten some real education on the negative effects of drugs (especially hallucinogens) It could have helped me alot in coming to grips with my phases of reality. If I had been warned about how it can plunge you into certain holes, instead of just being fed that 'drugs are evil' bullshit. fuck, how are kids supposed to take advice when all you is lie to them. they have no reason to trust educational authorities cuz theyre just serving some bullshit agenda.

i guess that's what this place is for though, but theres alot of kids who aren't gonna find the shroomery and get stuck in the same holes where you feel you can't trust anyone.

Anonymous

Re: Your past views on so-called 'drugs' ??? [Re: Grav]
    #1269990 - 02/02/03 03:29 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Why is the USA still a bigotry-oriented country? Well our country has always been racist. Always lied and covered up. Your government treats it's people like they're idiots. Your government treats everyone as a criminal. You have the right to be a criminal but you have the right to go to prison. That solves nothing and they know that. It's only a time bomb waiting to go off with all of the thousands piling up in prisons. They are just putting the problem on hold by putting people in prisons. Your 21st century government can't think of a real solution. Your government is actually more stupid than the average American. Or maybe they're smarter. I can't really tell. But I sure as hell think drug reform is long overdue and the government will ignore our pleas. In fact, as a member of the drug user class I am tired of being oppressed. I can see into my heart and I know that I am not a criminal. Why do the people and the government have a grudge against drug users? Why do they terrorize us? A lot of us that have been arrested can't vote anymore. With the new invasion-of-our-privacy bill, there are some things I can't even talk about anymore because they could be reading this. I can't see the US government finding a direct way to outlaw the freedom of speech, but you know deep down that the government would love to outlaw it. Is our nation going down the shitter or was it always a corrupt piece of shit that went rancid. Who cares, lets just turn on the TV and watch what's happening in the news. What's that? another murder? I hope they killed another crooked politician.

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#1270051 - 02/02/03 04:24 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

When I was a kid, I too had the "I'll never do drugs, mommy!" attitude. :tongue:

Probably in about 4th grade the rebellion started with just a cigarette.  My friend stole a few from his dad, and we went down to the beach and "enjoyed" them.  I remember I did cough a few times, and I also remember getting really lightheaded and kinda floaty.

Later in life, around 6th-7th grade, my sister who was two years older than me (and her often older friends) probably started to have an influence on me.  I was basically friends with her friends, I think I was the 'cute little brother' that they let come along occasionally.  We would hang out and smoke cigarettes, and I would hear about their increasing interest in alcohol and drugs.  I remember my sister used to come home drunk sometimes, and I'd talk to a friend of hers on the phone and help her, and try to hide it all from my parents.  My sister had even smoked weed a few times, and had friends that did it often, but I still thought it was something I'd probably stay away from.

Then I think it was probably 10th grade when I discovered Goa/Psytrance.  The first CD I got was Hallucinogen - Twisted.  When I first listened to this CD, it moved me.  I essentially got CEV's from it.  Now I know it wasn't exactly that, but my imagination and the strength of the music allowed me to have what was like strong imaginative CEV's.  Then I moved on to, oh yes, Shpongle!  I think I listened to Shpongle every night before I went to bed for a full year.  The music was like a drug to me, it was so powerful I felt like I was tripping when I listened to it.  And I wanted to know what REAL tripping was like! :laugh:

I knew that to step up to psychedelics I'd have to smoke weed first.  So I did!  beginning of 11th grade I smoked weed.  Continued smoking weed, did DXM a few times, and finally, in the summer right before 12th grade, I reached my goal and got shrooms!  And now I am continually persuing my goal. :smile: 

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1270346 - 02/02/03 06:29 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting topic.

I never THOUGHT about drugs until they started telling us not to do them, then from then on I knew I had to check it out. I remember thinking while in the bathroom at school DURING DARE, "why are they trying to get at us so young?" and waited patiently until I felt I was old enough to start "experimenting."

Looking back, I see that the DARE project got me into drugs :smile: They even described to us what psychedelics do (in very stupid broad terms.... but it really really interested me)

Thanks, DARE!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
Re: Your past views on so-called 'drugs' ??? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1270433 - 02/02/03 07:02 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

you know, one last point, DARE convised me when i was little that HUFFING isnt as bad for you as weed...

now isnt THAT fucked up?

(thankfully I found out the truth before I even considered huffing)

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Offlinespliffguru
guru of spliffs

Re: Your past views on so-called 'drugs' ??? [Re: Sombie]
    #1270625 - 02/02/03 08:09 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

haha, we all come from the same roots.

I had been curious to try weed since I learned about it in school, and had listened to my dad throw in comments every now and then such as, "That pink floyd concert was awesome...me and your uncle jimmy smoked a joint it was intense". But equally I would preach to my stoner friends that it was bad for them and would just fuck them up. I did eventually try it in the 10th grade, then went hardcore until now, my senior year. I'm taking it easy and probably smoke once or twice a month maybe, but stick with alcohol now. After my first and only shroom trip I wasn't too sure if drugs were really the path for me.

--------------------
There was a point to this message, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind

Offlineforevadazin
It's so easy toslip
    #1270732 - 02/02/03 09:01 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

When I was a kid I used to always tell my mother "I won't do drugs...but im going to be an ex-con!" And yes i actually used to say that. Little did I know how fucked up things would get. My attitude to anti-drugs started at 10 with weed...and i've been through 2 years of heroin addiction which was the worst of the addictions..Now my friends constantly mention how they don't know how Im fucking alive anymore. Which scares me in its self. With psycedelics now I've learned to respect them finally instead of just using them to get fucked up.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder