Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineawakeningosiris
Newbie Question
    #1265034 - 01/31/03 08:18 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

High,
This is a newbie question (new to growing, new to this board) so bear with me. For my first try at growing I don't want to go through the process of sterilization of my substrate so I found a site where I could buy 12 sterilized substrates pre-made. Now if I go head and buy this, and have 3 12 CC syringes of spores what would my next step be (Should I sterlize the syringes, inject them, let them colonize, to make them fruit what should I put them in - some places just say a translucent container with a moist paper towel and misting them when they get dry, others talk about terraniums and elaborate setups. (The jars have holes pre-drilled). Also Ive read cases where heating pads are used and cases where nothing is used. Should I chose between 12 1/2 pint jars or for $5 extra have 12 pint jars - does the size of the jars somewhat effect my yield? What should I expect to yield - dry weight. Thanks for understanding.
Love and Light
_matt

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTaliesy
Peon
Loc: In ages past, when spells...
Re: Newbie Question [Re: awakeningosiris]
    #1265115 - 01/31/03 08:39 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

IMHO you'd benefit more from reading the FAQ (and some trial and error) then the answers you'd get here, I doubt many would respond to something covered in the FAQ. Sterilizing your substrate yourself is one of the easier tasks you must preform, perhaps you should consider doing it yourself.

Invisiblepussycontrol
unregistered

Loc: unregistered
Re: Newbie Question [Re: Taliesy]
    #1265188 - 01/31/03 08:54 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yes. Start at the FAQ. READ THEM.

And AFTER you've read ALL of them. youll understand there's not much else to know or ask if you read em ALL>.

Offlineawakeningosiris
Re: Newbie Question [Re: Taliesy]
    #1265312 - 01/31/03 09:25 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah,well ive read through them and its been kind of a lot of information to digest, thats why I was asking more specific questions and maybe opinions (and or preferences of members). I apologize though because I understand how annjoying it is to get the same questions ask over and over.

Offlineshroominbloom
i have arrived

#1265341 - 01/31/03 09:33 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I understand how overwhelming the FAQ can seem. The only thing is, the questions that you are asking are so basic that we would be cheating you if we didn't recommend reading the FAQ. Therefore, I will suggest that you read this site: Anno's PF Tek . Read this once or twice (twice would be more beneficial) and it will give you an idea of what you are doing and the order you should do it in. Then, when you've finished there, go back and read through the FAQ. After both of those endeavors, come back here and ask what you will -- we will be more than happy to do our best to answer you.

P.S. -- Anno's PF Tek will also show you how easy it is to sterilize your own jars, and how much money you will save by doing it.

Edited for aesthetic reasons.

--------------------
ha

Edited by shroominbloom (01/31/03 09:34 AM)

Offlinev33g0237
WTF man?

Loc: A Ripple in Time
    #15108537 - 09/20/11 07:16 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I have a quick question.  I just colonized about 4 jars the other day, being extremely sterile.  I can see the mycelium growing inside the jars, but I am noticing a bluish ting that has yellow coloring around it.  Is this simply bruised verm, or do these have tric?  The reason I ask is because if it is I want to get rid of the jar ASAP....Any help will be highly appreciated...

--------------------
Entertaining to Read

My Current Grow Log

List of great Teks

Great post about green mold by RR

Environmental Friendly Cracker Dry Tek by Rail_Gun

All posts by the author are fictitious & intended for educational purposes only, and could very well solely be thoughts from the authors mind.

Offlinekronikpuff
Fungas-fanatic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas, Tx
Re: Newbie Question [Re: v33g0237]
    #15108587 - 09/20/11 07:22 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

v33g0237 said:
I have a quick question.  I just colonized about 4 jars the other day, being extremely sterile.  I can see the mycelium growing inside the jars, but I am noticing a bluish ting that has yellow coloring around it.  Is this simply bruised verm, or do these have tric?  The reason I ask is because if it is I want to get rid of the jar ASAP....Any help will be highly appreciated...

Pics

InvisibleFungus_monk
Here or there...
Male

Loc: U.S. Flag
    #15108728 - 09/20/11 07:44 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

v33g0237 said:

Verm doesnt bruise, it isnt alive. It's just a mineral.

--------------------
My Trade List

I post fictional information that i have developed through years of extreme delirium and from suffering strange delusions that i partake in illegal activites. The shroomery.org is merely my outlet for these delusions.

Offlinev33g0237
WTF man?

Loc: A Ripple in Time
Re: Newbie Question [Re: kronikpuff]
    #15108804 - 09/20/11 07:56 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The spots are still very small and may be hard to see...The first four days I try to keep a close eye on them to catch any contams and this is the first time I have seen this.  I have had a cake get trich, but it started at the top of the jar and I never really got a good look at it becuz it was in the lip on the jar and I got rid of it immediately...

--------------------
Entertaining to Read

My Current Grow Log

List of great Teks

Great post about green mold by RR

Environmental Friendly Cracker Dry Tek by Rail_Gun

All posts by the author are fictitious & intended for educational purposes only, and could very well solely be thoughts from the authors mind.

Invisiblebuffer
Senior Seaman Sailor

Loc: HMAS Hammersley
    #15108962 - 09/20/11 08:24 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

awakeningosiris said:
High,
  This is a newbie question (new to growing, new to this board) so bear with me. For my first try at growing I don't want to go through the process of sterilization of my substrate so I found a site where I could buy 12 sterilized substrates pre-made. Now if I go head and buy this, and have 3 12 CC syringes of spores what would my next step be (Should I sterlize the syringes, inject them, let them colonize, to make them fruit what should I put them in - some places just say a translucent container with a moist paper towel and misting them when they get dry, others talk about terraniums and elaborate setups. (The jars have holes pre-drilled). Also Ive read cases where heating pads are used and cases where nothing is used. Should I chose between 12 1/2 pint jars or for $5 extra have 12 pint jars - does the size of the jars somewhat effect my yield? What should I expect to yield - dry weight. Thanks for understanding.
Love and Light
_matt 

Ok since everyone else is lazy as a mother fucker :lol::lol:

This is what I recommend. Buy wide mouth half pints.. get these specifically.. they are ideal (my opinion). They colonize quick though.. which is ideal in everyone eyes :lol:.

Forget about buying premade jars with substrate already in them.. VERY COSTLY compared to doing it yourself, which is fun and easy. Buy a bag of vermiculite, (not the super fine sand consistancy..but anything above will work). And a big bag of brown rice flour (or you can grind brown rice on your own).

Next step, make up your PF TEK jars. How do you do this? Google "lets grow mushrooms' movie/dvd. Buy it, or watch it on RR
s site low quality. It explains PF tek REALLY WELL.

Now if you do choose to buy premade jars.. you skip the hard part. And you just inoculate with a syringe purchased from a Shroomery sponsor (idealy in a glovebox) or open air flaming the tip in between jars. The syringe will be essentially aseptic from the sponsor.. so theres nothing you have to do to it besides open it up, stick it in and inject (some peopel flame before the first jar as well, I do personally).

After youve made up your jars and sterilized (explained in video) or bought them like a wussy wussy , you will put them in a simple fruiting chamber you create.This is just a large Sterilite (or other brand) tub, made SHOTGUN style (SGFC), with 1/4" holes 2" apart on all 6 sides. You fill the bottom 4" with perlite (again,. this is explained IN DETAIL in the dvd). Drop your cakes in, watch em fruit, viola!!! Seriously though.. read read read. Watch watch watch.. you could ask questions all day long on here and you will not gain as much info as spending time thoroughly watchinv the video. I say this video..because IMO it's accurate, no funny business.

Also, forget about yields, concentrate on a successful grow.

Invisiblebuffer
Senior Seaman Sailor

Loc: HMAS Hammersley
    #15109000 - 09/20/11 08:30 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

v33g0237 said:
The spots are still very small and may be hard to see...The first four days I try to keep a close eye on them to catch any contams and this is the first time I have seen this.  I have had a cake get trich, but it started at the top of the jar and I never really got a good look at it becuz it was in the lip on the jar and I got rid of it immediately...

Looks like green contam to me personally.

OfflineCruel Hand
Stranger

#15109237 - 09/20/11 09:05 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

don't get lazy by not wanting to sterilize.

go to this website: www.mushroomvideos.com

and follow the "PF Tek" method step by step.

OfflineTheMackologist
Frontiersman
Male

Re: Newbie Question [Re: Cruel Hand]
    #15109474 - 09/20/11 09:48 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

:whathesaid:

--------------------
Cheers! :beer:
Mack

"you wait so long
you wait so long
you wait so long
you wait so long

it's a coffee stained earth every time it happens
liven up honey it ain't that bad"

OfflineBig Pappa
Challenged
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smurf Village Flag
Re: Newbie Question [Re: Cruel Hand]
    #15109518 - 09/20/11 09:55 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

watch the videos!!!  Buy the DVD's!!!  follow it to a T!!!

:whathesaid:

--------------------

For Sale
Want List

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom