Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHappyLeftist
EX-Druggie
Post deleted by Administrator
    #1255633 - 01/28/03 11:54 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Newb Question. How long to cool? [Re: HappyLeftist]
    #1255639 - 01/28/03 11:56 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I usually wait overnight.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

OfflineNSKiller
Apprentice

Loc: North Eastern United Stat...
    #1255646 - 01/28/03 12:01 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

My friend normally waits over night too, normally 12 hours, but my friend has had success after letting the jars cool for only 6 hours.

--------------------
"I think its time to hit the sack, then i'll probably just go to bed" ~ NSKiller

OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
    #1255674 - 01/28/03 12:12 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Someone was doing some rapid cooling experiments as well, dont remember what the results were tho..

-Loop

--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Newb Question. How long to cool? [Re: Loop_Theorist]
    #1255684 - 01/28/03 12:16 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I think someone put the jars in the fridge. If you put em in too early they might crack and if you put them in for too long they will get too cold.

Just wait it out.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #1257262 - 01/29/03 01:36 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Someone was doing some rapid cooling experiments as well, dont remember what the results were tho..

-Loop

i stick mine in the freezer as soon as they are done PCing. Schedule goes as follows: PC @15psi for 60 minutes Total time = 75 minutes (takes about 15 min to get up to 15psi) Drain pressure from PC over a 15 minute period Total Time = 15 minutes. After PC can be opened use a jar lifter to both shake the jars and load into a pre-cleared/lysol'd freezer (My PC holds 7 jars and lo and behold so does this shelf in my freezer). I immediately load more jars into the PC and get that started. After 45 min - 1 hour I take the jars out of the freezer. (45 if I will be doing more jars since them sitting out will cool them enough, 1 hour if it is the last load) So the average total time from loading into PC to being inoculated is 2.5 hours. BTW, I'm having tremendous success with this method. (0 cracked jars)

OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
Re: Newb Question. How long to cool? [Re: debianlinux]
    #1257271 - 01/29/03 01:50 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

what size/type of jars are you using? and what temp is your freezer set at?

-Loop

--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1257400 - 01/29/03 03:19 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

-Loop 

regular mouth quarts with the debian lid tek (heehee, simply tyvek on bottom, lid with .5" hole and nail hole in the middle, tyvek on top). I have not checked my freezer temp. i will the day I get a freezer/refridge thermometer. it is freezing in there :smile:. i use the top shelf right under the cold air output so that the cold air is pushed across the jars. i have gotten absentminded and let the jars freeze a coupla times (i time that now), doesn't seem to make a damn bit of difference.

edit: the jars won't crack as long as they are not up against a freezing surface (like the freezer wall, this may also be ok, don't know, don't care). the heat from the millet is sufficient to keep the glass from cooling to quickly. I have done this to hundreds of jars with no breakage/crackage whatsoever. in fact, even when the jars feel really cold to the touch, if you take them out and let them sit the heat still within the core of the millet will get the glass up to room temperature within minutes. also, if you do manage to freeze your jars (now, I've never froze one up solid, just like maybe a layer of millet frozen to the glass) just shake them around real good and they thaw rather quickly

Edited by debianlinux (01/29/03 03:23 AM)

InvisibleSubGen1us

#1257609 - 01/29/03 05:20 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Usually its a quik change in temp that causes stuff to crack. so if u pour water over it they may break. Im pretty sure they wont break from placing in the freezer unless u cover em with ice or somethin lol.
Peace.

--------------------

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Newb Question. How long to cool? [Re: debianlinux]
    #1290711 - 02/08/03 08:56 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Quote:

-Loop 

regular mouth quarts with the debian lid tek (heehee, simply tyvek on bottom, lid with .5" hole and nail hole in the middle, tyvek on top). I have not checked my freezer temp. i will the day I get a freezer/refridge thermometer. it is freezing in there :smile:. i use the top shelf right under the cold air output so that the cold air is pushed across the jars. i have gotten absentminded and let the jars freeze a coupla times (i time that now), doesn't seem to make a damn bit of difference.

edit: the jars won't crack as long as they are not up against a freezing surface (like the freezer wall, this may also be ok, don't know, don't care). the heat from the millet is sufficient to keep the glass from cooling to quickly. I have done this to hundreds of jars with no breakage/crackage whatsoever. in fact, even when the jars feel really cold to the touch, if you take them out and let them sit the heat still within the core of the millet will get the glass up to room temperature within minutes. also, if you do manage to freeze your jars (now, I've never froze one up solid, just like maybe a layer of millet frozen to the glass) just shake them around real good and they thaw rather quickly

sorry to dig this out of the grave but I have a fridge/freezer thermometer now and it is precisely 0F in there....

Jump to top Pages: 1