Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

Mush tea potency and storage
    #12535121 - 05/10/10 12:35 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Just trying to figure out why people are doing all these crazy crude chemical extractions when from what I gather, if you boil them in water theres no loss in potency in the resulting liquid...

And if that is true could I freeze the water to store it for later use without loosing potency.

While I'm at it, I wonder how concentrated of a solution could you make with just water...

Quote:

First off you lose half of the high when you make a tea out of fresh or dried mushrooms.

Psilocybine is water soluable and psilocine is not. And your body converts all the psilocin in the mushrooms into psilocybine before you get off on it.

Yes the effects of the tea are simlar to the thrust of an Apollo rocket leaving the Earths atmosphere.

But the high of tea allows you a 2 intese visual rush and a much c onfusing ego for the first hour at least and by the end of the 2nd hour you are coming down.

When eaten fresh or dried, you shyould take 20-30 minutes to eat the dosage. This is so the effects come on slopwly in ripples and waves and the high will last (in the dark with visuals) for at least 3-4 hours with another two pot like hours of high before coming down.

This is how the nativ e peoples of Mesoamerica consume their shrooms. Been doing so more probably 3000 years so they must be doing something right.

Tea gets you off but that klind oif high is not really what the shrooms are all about.

mj

That guy keeps saying that but never takes time to consider that no one ever asked anyone to dissolve anything in to anything in the first place. Take some chicken and boil it, you get a lot of undissolved oils floating around in the water because oil is not water soluable, but guess what. It sure as hell ain't in the chicken no more...

--------------------
:three:

Edited by camplo (05/10/10 12:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStainBlue
Da Man
 User Gallery

Re: Mush tea potency and storage [Re: camplo]
    #12535299 - 05/10/10 01:43 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

The idea of tea breaking down active components has been debated for a long time. Some say it increases, some say it decreases, some say it has no effects either way. Personally, I've seen it do all three (not at the same time though LOL).

for example, I one time took a dose of dry specimen and the effects were not that impressive. Some time later that year, I took another dose of the same amount from the same harvest but this time made it a tea and it knocked me on my ass. I've had similar experiences in the reverse also.

Fact of the matter is making tea works and no one really disputes that. And personally I think that turning that tea into ice then thawing later would probably be okay since many people place dried specimens in the freezer to preserve them now anyhow without noticable loses in effectiveness.

I say try it out. Sounds like it could work.

I just got an idea. Make tea, freeze it into ice cubes. Then during summer time on a hot day make a glass of ice tea using the special ice cubes. Leading to a slow timely release of the special goodness. Could be a nice mellow experience from start to finish that lasts ALL DAY LONG. YAY!

--------------------
Peace,
StainBlue

OfflineNounan
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Mush tea potency and storage [Re: StainBlue]
    #12535453 - 05/10/10 03:21 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I m reading on lot of place effect of lemon converting psilocin into psilocybin like our body do. that's apparently why effect with lemon juice is so fast and high (You take only half of a current dose with lemon).

Perhaps there is a way to let sit shrooms with lemon before make the tea during 10/15min then put lal the shit with hot water.
Would be fun to give it a shot and a lemon tea won't be so bad :P

You can mix with StainBlue idea and make some lemonpsylo ice cubes and use it with all you want to drink :wink:

Edited by Nounan (05/10/10 03:24 AM)

Offlinejimmystubs
Backyard Chemist
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Mush tea potency and storage [Re: Nounan]
    #13056702 - 08/15/10 07:43 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Over the weekend I had a tea with P Subaeruginosa, and it blew me away! Definitely felt like the effects were intensified, which is strange as I always thought teas would make it weaker  :shrug:

--------------------
------

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free

Journal of an Australian finding supplies

Edited by jimmystubs (08/15/10 07:44 PM)

OfflineThe Green Bastard
friendly hippie
Male

Loc: parts unkown....
Re: Mush tea potency and storage [Re: StainBlue]
    #13056771 - 08/15/10 07:59 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

StainBlue said:
I just got an idea. Make tea, freeze it into ice cubes. Then during summer time on a hot day make a glass of ice tea using the special ice cubes. Leading to a slow timely release of the special goodness. Could be a nice mellow experience from start to finish that lasts ALL DAY LONG. YAY!

That's a great idea!! Damn last year I made a glass of tea and just put ice in it to chill it. Tasted great but was just as fast as it always was. I'm gonna try this on the next nice day I got.
Ice cubes would work out great for dosing because after you do the math to figure out how much is in each ice cube then everyone could have just the trip they like. :wink:

--------------------
Well, if that's the case, then Julian, he is like a superhero. Holy fuck, Ricky, you know who you are? You're Dope-Man! He can smoke a pound in a single bound.

Invisibleswope
n00b
 User Gallery

Loc: U.S Flag
Re: Mush tea potency and storage [Re: jimmystubs]
    #13056788 - 08/15/10 08:02 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Ive only done mushroms with tea. dry or fresh. and you only loose 5 to 10% when making any kind of tea. Psilocybin and psilocin can take  pretty high temps before potency is affected. as far as water you really just suppose to use the water as a medium for the psilocybin

Offlinedanstice
Information Sponge
Male

Loc: Here
    #13056838 - 08/15/10 08:14 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Just remember that ice will slowly evaporate in the freezer in a process called sublimation (?), like how ice cubes shrink over time. I don't really know the physics of it, or if it would actually result in a loss of potency of your tea because of the evaporation. To avoid this, just keep your tea/ice in an air tight container. Maybe tall half pint jars? (sealed after they were frozen, of course)

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #13056875 - 08/15/10 08:23 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

camplo said:
Just trying to figure out why people are doing all these crazy crude chemical extractions when from what I gather, if you boil them in water theres no loss in potency in the resulting liquid...

And if that is true could I freeze the water to store it for later use without loosing potency.

While I'm at it, I wonder how concentrated of a solution could you make with just water...

Quote:

First off you lose half of the high when you make a tea out of fresh or dried mushrooms.

Psilocybine is water soluable and psilocine is not. And your body converts all the psilocin in the mushrooms into psilocybine before you get off on it.

Yes the effects of the tea are simlar to the thrust of an Apollo rocket leaving the Earths atmosphere.

But the high of tea allows you a 2 intese visual rush and a much c onfusing ego for the first hour at least and by the end of the 2nd hour you are coming down.

When eaten fresh or dried, you shyould take 20-30 minutes to eat the dosage. This is so the effects come on slopwly in ripples and waves and the high will last (in the dark with visuals) for at least 3-4 hours with another two pot like hours of high before coming down.

This is how the nativ e peoples of Mesoamerica consume their shrooms. Been doing so more probably 3000 years so they must be doing something right.

Tea gets you off but that klind oif high is not really what the shrooms are all about.

mj

That guy keeps saying that but never takes time to consider that no one ever asked anyone to dissolve anything in to anything in the first place. Take some chicken and boil it, you get a lot of undissolved oils floating around in the water because oil is not water soluable, but guess what. It sure as hell ain't in the chicken no more...

All the information in that quote is false.

Quote:

Bullshit.

Quote:

Psilocybine is water soluable and psilocine is not

Yes, psilocybin is water soluble, and freebase psilocin is not water soluble.  But mushrooms contain a water soluble salt of psilocin.  This means that both chemicals in mushrooms are water soluble.

Quote:

And your body converts all the psilocin in the mushrooms into psilocybine before you get off on it.

Completely untrue.  The body converts psilocybin into psilocin.  I certainly wouldn't trust someone who got the basics so wrong.

Offlinereel1936
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Mush tea potency and storage [Re: BothHands]
    #13076682 - 08/20/10 12:09 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I think freezing the water would work. Not sure how long you could conserve it, but at least a few months.

In my own experience:
Eating them dry. Stomach ache, sometimes really painful, slow coming up/build up. Trip about 3-4 hours, good 40 min plateau.

Shakes with juice, milder on the stomach, 20 min coming up, lots of 'waves'. great intensity but quick coming down, short plateau. Trip 2ish hours.

Tea. not usually upsetting my stomach, 5 min coming up, sometimes a little too much too quickly with pronounced cev, intense plateau but really short. About an hour, starting to come down, by 2 hours, almost back to baseline.

Anytime I smoked weed before coming down, felt like wasted bud. When coming down, always 'revived' the trip mildly for a few minutes.

Cigarettes taste good (better?)

OfflineeVenom
DRIFT on toBATTLE
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Mush tea potency and storage [Re: reel1936]
    #13076840 - 08/20/10 01:08 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I have to say that my absolute favorite way of taking shrooms is my alcohol extract...

I start with 1/4p and end up with about 40cc of killer stuff.

1cc of if is enough also the trip is really clean no mood killing nausea or panic that I used to get with the lemon tek.

my second favorite is fresh baked with olive oil and feta cheese

--------------------
eVenom

"Some of us like a nice buzz, while others want to climb a screaming volcano naked to meet god."
RR

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies