Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
DESTRUCTION OF THOUGHT AND TENSION
    #1249625 - 01/26/03 06:28 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

techniques to destroy tension and thought, experiencing complete mindlessness, and Union with Consciousness. producing states that are excellent for reprogramming the mind.

this post is for anyone experimenting with different ways to get out of one's head. it's for sharing techniques that have worked, are working, haven't worked, aren't working.

detailed descriptions are appreciated - blessings, CJ

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
Re: DESTRUCTION OF THOUGHT AND TENSION [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #1249636 - 01/26/03 06:33 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Turn off every electronic device in your room, pull the shades, close your eyes, and just sit.
No mind altering substances required.

OfflineX.O
Fucktard
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #1249644 - 01/26/03 06:37 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
I'm a huge idiot

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#1249652 - 01/26/03 06:41 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Be born into a world of pain.
Slowly go insane and fill with rage.
Laugh and cry untill you can't tell the difference,
then sit in silence while the tears dry on your face.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#1249658 - 01/26/03 06:47 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

(We will get down to facts which in the end can only be verified for you --by you-- in your own LAB. Do not believe or accept this theory or in fact any other theory and this does include all theories which have previously been accepted as true, without complete testing and proof. But remember Bob Wilson, "What the Thinker Thinks -- The Prover Proves."

MENTAL CHATTER AND SUB-VOCAL TRANSMISSIONS

Before we get into the first segment of this technique let me make you aware of some facts. Constant mental chattering or thought creates tensions. When you are thinking your voice box moves ever so slightly as thoughts are flowing through your mind. In addition, the jaw moves slightly, as well as the tongue and the eyes. There is a fine state of tension when we are thinking. So to achieve true Mindlessness, we first must become aware of the facial, throat and neck tension which are associated with thinking.

EXPERIMENT I

Sit or lie down in a quite place and allow yourself to "think" about anything. Notice how and where your thinking is experienced. Notice what motions and tensions exist in your face-neck-throat area. After you havfe completed this, "think" about something unpleasant and notice if there is any difference. Now try "thinking" about something pleasant and make the same notations. Once you are thoroughly aware of this, attempt the following:

EXPERIMENT II

Lie down and do not move. Just breathe normally with your eyes closed. Now become aware and describe out loud for 15 minutes every sensation and muscle twitch in your body. Become aware that tension exists all around and within you.

(These two experiments should be tried three times over a week to help you verify that tension is thought - thought is tension. This will require 45 minutes - 15 minutes for each trial. If you do not experience the voice box -- facial sensations, or if you are not aware of anything during experient II, double the time.)

--------------------

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#1249675 - 01/26/03 07:00 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

These Energized Meditation Techniques were developed by Christopher S. Hyatt. I have practiced them for over a month.

METHOD I

Step 1. Sit or lie down. Make Faces -- Stretch all the muscles in the face. Open your mouth as wide as you can, move the jaw from side to side. At the same time open your eyes as wide as you can. Move your eyes up and down and from side to side. This will begin to destroy tension, thereby destroying uncontrolled and extraneous thoughts generated by this area. Make many different faces. Do this for about 2-3 minutes (A word of caution: While in the end these exercizes are meant to reduce and eliminate certain thought patterns, some might find an increase of new thoughts from previously "Hidden" places of the mind. If this is the case don't be concerned, since this will be a fine way to perform "mental house cleaning.")

Step II. Hum and Chatter -- Hum from the depths of your voice box. Use OOM or just MMMM. Do this for 1-2 minutes. Now using your tongue, chatter -DA DA- BA BA BA. Stick out your jaw as far as you can and continue humming and chattering. Do this for 2-3 minutes.

Step III. Shoulder to Ears -- Pull your shoulders as if you were trying to reach your ears. When they start feeling tired, drop them as low as you can. Repeat this 3 times in 2-3 minute intervals.

Step IV. Nose Breathing -- With your mouth closed take in a deep breath inflating your chest and pulling your stomach up. Be sure to pull the belly in. Hold for a 7 count and then just let the chest fall and the belly relax. Repeat this 10-20 times. Be sure to allow an additional 7 count to elapse before your next inhalation.

Step V. Turn Head -- Now bring your attention to your head and turn it from side to side as far as you can. Repeat for 2-3 minutes.

Step VI. Leg Stretch -- Lying down on your back, hold your legs about 4" off the ground and stretch outward. Hold this as long as you can and let them drop.

Step VII. Quick Breath -- With your mouth slightly open breathe rapidly, sighing as you exhale. Do this for 2-3 minutes.

Now lie down and sense and feel your body, for about 10 minutes. Note every sensation you feel. Now assume a meditative position of your choice making sure that:

(1) Your eye lids are not tightly closed, but simply relaxed.

(2) That your jaw is relaxed and not tense. Make sure of this by trying to stick out your tongue; if you have to lower your jaw, it was too tightly held. Check your forehead making sure it is not wrinkled. Once you are relaxed, either concentrate on your mantra or point of focus.

(3) Finally make sure your throat is not blocked by holding your head in the wrong position. Make sure it is straight. In order to reduce thoughts, keep the eyes relaxed and still, with your tongue touching the roof of your mouth. Do not move the larynx and again be sure that your jaw is relaxed. Meditate before eating, or wait for 2-3 hours after eating a heavy meal. It is also best if the bladder and bowels have been emptied before you start your work.

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: DESTRUCTION OF THOUGHT AND TENSION [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #1249688 - 01/26/03 07:04 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Back in college, I used to wake up to the sunlight and get up and go out onto a field outside the dorm down by the river and just sit... Other people joined in and it became something of a sitting circle, where we would come to 'just sit' and leave as we pleased, but without ever talking. It's a real nice experience, if you ever had the chance....

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: DESTRUCTION OF THOUGHT AND TENSION [Re: X.O]
    #1249726 - 01/26/03 07:18 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Cannabis and music are definately rejuvenating (though I wouldn't necessarily agree on the stimulating tobacco in a blunt) - another temporary rejuvenating aid is the yogic practice of pranayama breathing.
"On pranayama, Aleister Crowley - certainly the most skeptical of all mystics -writes forcefully:
For mind and body alike, for mind and body alike - alike! - there is, there is, there is no purgative like pranayama - pranayama! -pranayama! yea, for mind and body alike there is no purgative, no purgative, no purgative (for mind and body alike) no purgative like pranayama!

If this is not emphatic enough, Crowley adds elsewhere:

Pranayama is notably useful in quieting the emotions and appetites.. Digestive troubles in particular are very easy to remove in this way. It purifies both body and the mind and should be practiced certainly never less than one hour daily by the serious student.

To which he adds a footnote:
Emphatically. Emphatically. Emphatically. It is impossible to combine pranayama properly performed with emotional thought. It should be resorted to immediately, at all times, when calm is threatened.

.... paranayama will remove all forms of depression, including profound grief and bereavement; it will soothe anger and remove resentments --major health problems. Hindus, who are professions at pranayama, claim a great deal more, such as: immunity to pain of all sorts." - RAW

Unfortunately, as Bob would say, there is no way in this medium to explain pranayama to you. Get an expert, a Hindu, to show you.

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: DESTRUCTION OF THOUGHT AND TENSION [Re: Viveka]
    #1249732 - 01/26/03 07:22 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I think there is a conservation of energy through such activity of controlled suffering. In turn, I think it can help one become more cheerful.

Not a bad post, but if you're serious, I'm interested in hearing more.

--------------------

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1250457 - 01/26/03 01:21 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Back in college, I used to wake up to the sunlight and get up and go out onto a field outside the dorm down by the river and just sit... Other people joined in and it became something of a sitting circle, where we would come to 'just sit' and leave as we pleased, but without ever talking. It's a real nice experience, if you ever had the chance....

That's awesome!  :grin:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale