Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineutk
Ellis, Dee M.D
pinning dilema
    #12460156 - 04/26/10 02:24 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

So some golden teachers were spawned to bulk hpoo and colonized. A layer of coir was added after colonization. Then a day later they were put into pinning conditions. My friends didnt listen to me and didnt cover the sides of the clear plastic container. Now there are a bunch of side pins so it is covered with foil. There are maybe 3-4 pins on top and a grip of them on the side pointed up for the most part. Should my friend take out the block of colonized poo to expose the sides and allow free growth of the side pins. Or should he wait a couple days to see if they poke out of the top more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: pinning dilema [Re: utk]
    #12460233 - 04/26/10 02:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Coir should not be used as a casing layer.

Go ahead and pop that sucker out and let it fruit away.

Pray that you don't get any contamination.

:vaped:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Offlineutk
Ellis, Dee M.D
Re: pinning dilema [Re: george castanza]
    #12460329 - 04/26/10 02:58 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I was under the impression that verm/coir is an acceptable casing layer. My friend is gonna spray the brick down with a baking soda/h202 solution and dump off any extra coir. These GT's have been strong, they were 1/4 colonized within a day of being put on poo. Theres too much coir so I think flipping the tub to drop any extra and then placing the poo brick on top of the upside down container should work out. They are getting FAE from a PC fan blowing polyfiltered air. The CFL light was just put over it today, before it was on the other side of the FC with the sides uncovered. Should he give it a day for the little pins to pop their head up or take it out now. A few sidepins found their way to the top already.

Offlineutk
Ellis, Dee M.D
    #12461713 - 04/26/10 07:20 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

any second opinions, sorry to double post. Things tend to get burried fast here.

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #12461808 - 04/26/10 07:43 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

That is why you are not supposed to bump your own thread for at least 24 hours.:mod:

Quote:

utk said:
I was under the impression that verm/coir is an acceptable casing layer. My friend is gonna spray the brick down with a baking soda/h202 solution and dump off any extra coir. These GT's have been strong, they were 1/4 colonized within a day of being put on poo. Theres too much coir so I think flipping the tub to drop any extra and then placing the poo brick on top of the upside down container should work out. They are getting FAE from a PC fan blowing polyfiltered air. The CFL light was just put over it today, before it was on the other side of the FC with the sides uncovered. Should he give it a day for the little pins to pop their head up or take it out now. A few sidepins found their way to the top already.

I dunno about spraying them down with all of that, but other than that I think you have the right idea.

Many folks have used coir as a casing with no problems, it is just not recommended anymore.

:vaped:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale