Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineefrog
Ecstatic,Electric,Eclectic
Female User Gallery

Loc: Near the River... Flag
Atlantis?
    #12459936 - 04/26/10 01:48 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I have a ton of 'em and this one shop where I bought them states that Atlantis are the strongest of the sclerotia.

Having done both tampanensis (like 8 or 9 times) and mexicana (2 or 3 times) I would say this is false - but maybe it was just set and setting or being tired the time I tried (12-13 grams atlantis wet) Atlantis, but I had some funny visuals (ooh lookit the pretty colours and hey! that bush looks like a man!) and went to sleep - 2ish hours after dosing! That has NEVER happened to me before.

Could this merely be from being tired?

Atlantis are not yet on the dosage calculator and the disparity in dosage on the dosage calculator between tampas and mexicana is right around 4 grams (!!) wet - so I am basically wondering: for a good level 3-4 trip (can't be too precise), will 15 grams of Atlantis be OK, given that I am not tired like I was last time, or shall I up my dose?

I know that what I will take in a little bit (after a shower and all that) will not be the same truffles as before, as each one is different in potency, but stilll....?

Anyone wanna throw me a tip?

Thanks!

--------------------
This is a whole new path. You cannot use your old map on this new path and if you try you'll only end up lost in the woods. Get a new map.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
Re: Atlantis? [Re: efrog]
    #12460152 - 04/26/10 02:24 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I like the Atlantis sclerotia; I think it's stronger than Mexicana but I've never tried Tampanensis.

Strangely, I find that the Atlantis does seem to have quite a heavy body load which makes me feel tired during the come-up, to the point where I've fallen asleep at the peak of a trip more than once. Maybe it's not just me then!

I would say that Atlantis should definitely give a good level 3/4 trip on 15g. I find 20g Atlantis is a bit too much to consume in one go due to the body load and also the fact that it's a very strong trip (I become convinced I'm God at this kind of dose).

During my most recent Atlantis trip I ate 15g and re-dosed after 2 hours - it worked quite well and gave an extremely strong trip. So maybe eat 15g and consider nibbling another 5g after 2 hours if the trip isn't strong enough. I don't recommend re-dosing sooner than that. I'm pretty sure 15g should normally be enough to trip quite hard, but everyone is different I suppose.

Also this thread - Sclerotia Potency may be worth reading.

Enjoy your trip :mushroom2:

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

Offlineefrog
Female User Gallery

Re: Atlantis? [Re: Aldebaran]
    #12460447 - 04/26/10 03:22 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Ooh! Thank you - hey! Taurean Royal Star! Your answer (not the link, read that before asking) was *exactly* what I was looking for!

Dosing in 5 or 10 mins (whenever Jim is out of the shower, incense is on, stones are ground, etc) - if I am lucid I'll post back.

So, do you study the 4 royal stars? If you don't and you want to, I do, and I have some nifty correspondences for you.

If you do, how do you find stellar drift has changed their constants, if at all?

If you don't and you don't want to:
Thanks for the answer - it was exactly what I was after.

--------------------
This is a whole new path. You cannot use your old map on this new path and if you try you'll only end up lost in the woods. Get a new map.

Edited by efrog (04/27/10 03:52 AM)

Offlineefrog
Female User Gallery

#12460538 - 04/26/10 03:39 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Oh and I will also say "said shop" stated that Mexicana are "softest" and tampas are "most pleasant" which I find to be almost the opposite. I find Mexicana pretty potent, but anywhere from really mellow to a bit exuberant (but giggly all around and great OEVs and CEVs) whereas I find a tamps trip most philosophical with much less O/CEVs but more surreal, if you see what I mean.

I found the atlantis OEVs similar to a decent psilo azure or similar trip, mist/smoke coming off people/things on the come up and lovely shifts and patterns - but with a pretty heavy body load upon come up, and a bit of lethargy (obviously) externally, but a bit busy mentally.

Hope you see what I mean....just waiting on some OJ...

Oh and we are having about 15 grams. (wet, obviously)

--------------------

Offlineefrog
Female User Gallery

#12460638 - 04/26/10 04:00 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

10:55pm, ok we're off! Maybe I'll come back in, but I am bad at trip reports (I feel like explaining it all loses something) but I'll see if I can post in later...

--------------------

Offlineefrog
Female User Gallery

#12460740 - 04/26/10 04:18 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah ok, 25ish mins in, I can definitely say HEAVY body load....I am here fucking around so I don't go to sleep.....

--------------------

Offlineefrog
Female User Gallery

#12460954 - 04/26/10 04:54 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

ok, one-ish hour in, visuals are still pretty lame, like breath-y, patterns, you know, the regular - but not a lot of introspection (same as last time) so far, unless I get my ass handed to me later, atlantis are *not* the strongest of the sclerotia at all....I'll check back in a bit maybe - but yeah.

--------------------

Offlineefrog
Female User Gallery

#12463604 - 04/27/10 03:51 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

OK so went to bed at 1:30am, 2.5 hours in and had awesome awesome CEVs for about an hour lol! (mine were too radical to get into, would take forever to describe and still not come even close)
Also, because of the blue light on my speakers in our room, it looked like we were underwater and the ceiling wasn't even there and my husband was having CEVs of these awesome bio-luminescent sea creatures. SO fun enough all in all, but best with eyes shut, or outside. Sitting indoors, like the kitchen just made us think silly stuff and laugh, which is good but - there's better ways to spend a trip, imo.

--------------------

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
    #12466490 - 04/27/10 03:25 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

So, do you study the 4 royal stars? If you don't and you want to, I do, and I have some nifty correspondences for you.

Royal stars? :confused: No I don't study them, but now you've got me intrigued about these "nifty correspondences" so I'd be interested to hear about that.

Quote:

I find Mexicana pretty potent, but anywhere from really mellow to a bit exuberant (but giggly all around and great OEVs and CEVs)

Interesting. The first sclerotia I tried were Mexicana (in Holland just after the shroom ban) and I didn't really have a clue about potency so I ate a total of 50g over 2 hours. I don't really remember any particularly good OEVs, except when the carpet in my hotel suddenly seemed to bulge and produce letters and numbers in a kind of "word soup." It was quite a harsh trip. I got obsessed with the idea that pyromaniac alien lizards would land on the planet in the year 2100. You heard it here first!

Quote:

I found the atlantis OEVs similar to a decent psilo azure or similar trip, mist/smoke coming off people/things on the come up and lovely shifts and patterns

Mist? Smoke? I can't relate to that but it sounds quite cool.

Quote:

SO fun enough all in all, but best with eyes shut, or outside.

I think the CEVs are the best part of a sclerotia trip. I find the OEVs tend to be quite subtle; they seem to occur at the edges of my vision, as though the insanity is gradually creeping in from the corners of the room.

What brand of 'magic truffles' were you eating? These ones?

Note how they compare "visual effects" of the truffles:
Tampanensis: 2.5 out of 6
Mexicana: 3.5 out of 6
Atlantis: 5.5 out of 6

A bit of a unscientific scale :grin:

Now I'm going to bed because I have to get up early. No Atlantis for me :frown:

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

Offlineefrog
Female User Gallery

#12471211 - 04/28/10 12:05 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

That scale I find amazingly inaccurate, to be honest.

But, the Atlantis were what we had.

The other ones we had were MUCH MORE visual in nature with much less CEVs, more OEVs.

THe Atliantis are very like *the come up* of a good strong psilo azure trip, but the peak is nothing like it.

I felt like I was coming up hard, but good, but then there was no real "peak" to speak of, unless you count the craaazyass CEVs, which I will admit, were pretty amazing.

However, I am more for doin thangs on shrooms than lying there supine with my eyes shut. I like to roam and stroll and explore, etc. I go out walking and see what I can see, but OEV-wise, thee was nothing to write home about.

Anyway....it was good, when we want a mellow, dozy trip wherein we lie around with our eyes shut - but I'll stick to mex for any roaming exploratory trips.

Or proper fruit bodies...

I do LOVE sclerotia, because the effect is soo different, - but I like my trips visual as I am always out and about lookin at thangs.

Aldebaran is one of the Four Royal Stars (there's one to each direction) but because of stellar drift, they are not in the same places they were when ancient ceremonial magicians used them for prognostication, magical workings, et al - so working with them, one has to account for that drift (It's BIIIIIG space-wise, but small, for us.).

Like I say, if you like I can PM you (oir PM me with your email address) and then I can email you some nifty info.

All the best,
Anne x

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag