Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDAREtoTHINK
Wanderer
weed ruining acid trips - can anyone else relate?
    #12433044 - 04/21/10 04:19 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I've used acid four times, but I only count two of these. The first time I ate the dose it did not really affect me, and the second time I candyflipped so I did not undergo the entire acid experience on its own. Now I will discuss the last two times I have tripped on acid and experienced them fully.

I want to make this short and keep only the integral details.

My first full trip I was at my friend's house, and I was getting great visuals. At one point we smoked weed and some time after that I got into a thought loop and I could only think negative thoughts and I felt like I was a shitty person, no job or girlfriend (though I did not realize that I go to school at the least), I focused on my parents' shitty marriage, among other things. I don't really know if it was the acid that caused it but I do know that smoking the weed came before the problems, or rather the problems came a very short time after smoking the weed.

I decided to give acid another try last weekend at a festival because I was certain that one experience definitely does not show you everything about a substance. I dropped two hits at 1:30 PM and by 2:30 I was sure it had kicked in. Everything went great, I had an incredible time. I saw Rusko, who did some crazy ass shit with his DJ'ing and I somehow perceived that he had fast-forwarded in the middle of a song during his set. Everything sped up like 5x for a few seconds. Club 75 threw down some filthy dirty crazy ass disco house electro shit I don't even know how to categorize it. And I also saw Infected Mushroom and Orbital. There was a 30 minute intermission and I assume the acid was going to wear, and I wanted to keep having a good time so I planned on smoking a bowl. On top of that it was the second year anniversary since I had first smoked weed so that motivated me too. So I packed a bowl hit it, and soon I started to feel very uncomfortable, I can't exactly point out that it was the weed, but comparing this experience to my last troublesome acid trip, I can sort of gather that weed takes my trips downhill.

I am wary to try acid again because I had some of the worst thoughts running through my head. I thought I was a piece of shit worthless person and that I fucked up and ended up in hell. The good 8 hours of my acid trip that I enjoyed was phenomenal, but the bad part was equal in its magnitude.

Is it reasonable to think that weed could be the culprit behind my "bad" acid trip? Can anyone relate to this or shed some light on my problem?

edit: the words "anxious" "confused" and "paranoid" about sum up the negativity i experienced.

--------------------
"you live day by day?"
"no, i live second by second"
-serj tankian

Edited by DAREtoTHINK (04/21/10 04:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Re: weed ruining acid trips - can anyone else relate? [Re: DAREtoTHINK]
    #12433107 - 04/21/10 04:31 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Marijuana can definitely "cloud" the experience so to speak.  It adds a more stoned and deadened effect to everything, which can sometimes seem weird and make the trip more awkward.  It also creates stronger visual patterns, and different ones at that.  I have grown so used to it, that it's just a part of tripping to me now.  Whenever I dose without marijuana it always takes me a minute to realize why everything seems so crisp and easy to deal with......and I realize I forgot to smoke.....:smile:

OfflineVerse
Psychonaut

Re: weed ruining acid trips - can anyone else relate? [Re: vandago]
    #12433115 - 04/21/10 04:33 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

That's why I smoke prior to tripping. Puts me in a good mood for good trips :smile:

--------------------
Open your closed mind or close your open mouth.

OfflineDutch-Master2890
Stranger

Re: weed ruining acid trips - can anyone else relate? [Re: Verse]
    #12433130 - 04/21/10 04:36 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

i like smoking as im comin down it helps to feel less shitty

InvisibleHarri

Re: weed ruining acid trips - can anyone else relate? [Re: Dutch-Master2890]
    #12433241 - 04/21/10 05:00 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Smoking while tripping seems to makes everything more far out. If you get anxious or paranoid while smoking the acid will make shit get out of hand, always good fun though.

OfflineDiZzyBonne
Stranger

Re: weed ruining acid trips - can anyone else relate? [Re: Harri]
    #12433285 - 04/21/10 05:08 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Weed tends to change the trip for a lot of people I know. Generally, if you're not an experienced smoker who smokes every day, you probably shouldn't smoke while on acid.

Offlinestickygreennpurp
Are You Experienced?
Male

Loc: Southeast US
    #12433305 - 04/21/10 05:12 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

It DEFINETLEY can stear a trip from the worse. Just read my trip report: HERE

--------------------
God.WEEN.Satan

OfflinecollinZzZz
have moicy!
 User Gallery

Loc: midwaist
    #12433625 - 04/21/10 06:11 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DAREtoTHINK said:

edit: the words "anxious" "confused" and "paranoid" about sum up the negativity i experienced.

Pot does this to sensitive people in high doses.

It does that to me if I smoke to much to fast in an unfamiliar environment and I have been smoking for 10 years.

Try tripping without weed, to test your hypothesis?:shrug:

--------------------
"I have never freed myself from the suspicion that there is something very odd about this mission."

OfflineDAREtoTHINK
Wanderer
Re: weed ruining acid trips - can anyone else relate? [Re: collinZzZz]
    #12433679 - 04/21/10 06:22 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, i'm definitely going to try tripping without weed.

p.s. i'm really appreciating the responses. the goodness of my trip was just indescribable and i'm ready to give the cid one more chance without blazing. i get a little bit paranoid when i am high and when i think about it i can see it being significantly amplified by lucy.

i used to smoke a lot of pot but recently with school i have had to tone it down quite a bit, i'm sure my tolerance is little to zero at this point.

anyways, keep 'em comin'

--------------------
"you live day by day?"
-serj tankian

Offline2ndChancesRDivine
I slayed the Jabberwock!
Male User Gallery

Loc: ked up in my mind.. Flag
    #12433852 - 04/21/10 07:00 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yesterday, SWIM and a friend dosed on LSD at the movies. They took one tab each twenty minutes before the movie started 4:00. About 45-60mins into the movie, they began to feel something, but it wasn't anything they couldn't control. After the movie, they decided to go to the bar and have a few beers. Talking came more fluid to them, however as one put "Its like the gauge that tells me when I am being socially awkward is off, its like I my speech is unfiltered!" The visuals had begun to set in and there were trails with movement and fractals that didnt belong on objects. The rain outside was warping the ground which was covered in glass. Smoke from cigarettes was making images and the rain was killing the smoke. A person decided to pass a pipe of hash around. Now imagine that the LSD is a golden nail that is started into your brain. The hash is a mallet. WHAM! Suddenly they didn't know what was going on. At that point things went bad for them for an hour. Luckily SWIM is an experienced psychonaut, and even though the negative emotions were coming from his friend, he was able to calm the situation down and helped his friend who had never taken LSD before to calm down and enjoy the rest of his experience. The hash definitely put a spin on the experience. After the negative moment, SWIM decided to lay off of the alcohol and the marijuana (and hash).Approximately  one hour of abstaining from other intoxicants, SWIM achieved the clarity and deep introspection of the LSD. It seemed to be clouded by all the other substances. The rest of the trip was great for them. I must also say, that this was some of the most "potent" LSD SWIM has tried. He has tried it quite a few times before but usually with only one tab. This tab it seems was either a more concentrated form of LSD (LSD as I have read can be of varying strengths when put on blotter depending on how much water or alcohol was used to dilute the chemical) or the ones before it were not true LSD and were more likely an analogue.

Anyways, yes from SWIM's experience, I would say that Cannabinoids will affect your LSD experience.

--------------------
:trippinballs::awecid::aliceshocker::awecid::trippinballs:

All your RC are belong to me.

Offlinelaotzo
Struggling with Math
Male

Loc: Texas, poo country Flag
Re: weed ruining acid trips - can anyone else relate? [Re: 2ndChancesRDivine]
    #12433872 - 04/21/10 07:05 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

if you can even feel weed while tripping then your 'cid is weak or not 'cid.

that's all.

we always used to say tripping ppl shouldn't smoke pot - they didn't get more high, they just got less pot.

seriously. find better 'cid

--------------------
if you can't beat them, arrange to have it done.

george carlin...RIP:heart:

laotzo

Offline2ndChancesRDivine
I slayed the Jabberwock!
Male User Gallery

Loc: ked up in my mind.. Flag
Re: weed ruining acid trips - can anyone else relate? [Re: laotzo]
    #12433890 - 04/21/10 07:09 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I must reiterate, the effects of the Hashish weren't like a normal THC high, but it did change the experience.

--------------------
:trippinballs::awecid::aliceshocker::awecid::trippinballs:

All your RC are belong to me.

Offlinemacintosh
NightWalker
Male User Gallery

Re: weed ruining acid trips - can anyone else relate? [Re: 2ndChancesRDivine]
    #12433892 - 04/21/10 07:10 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

from my experience i think your better off just tripping without smoking.  really get the full effect of the lsd without paranoia.  im sure that if you try it again without the weed you won't think bad vibes man.:awedrugs:

--------------------
There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. ~Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas

Offlinefallenlsd
electricapricot
Male

Loc: missouri
Re: weed ruining acid trips - can anyone else relate? [Re: macintosh] * 1
    #12433988 - 04/21/10 07:31 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

anxious confused and paranoid; sounds like three of marijuana's biggest symptoms

if you're still having negative thoughts running through your head while your tripping maybe you should listen to them; ie ; get a job, try to get a girlfriend (although you don't need a girlfriend to be happy), get away from your parents so you aren't worrying about their marriage (its their life bro)

and then trip again. (or try sitting by yourself and thinking about why these things bother you and what you can do to make it better, i mean as long as you perceive these things as problems, and as long as they exist, they will bother you)

once you have your affairs in order you can have a great time tripping

--------------------
:mushroom2: :mushroomgrow: :mushroom2:

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: weed ruining acid trips - can anyone else relate? [Re: fallenlsd]
    #12434618 - 04/21/10 09:28 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The closest I have ever been to a mental breakdown was when I smoked too much weed while tripping very hard on LSD. I'm sensative to weed to begin with though and prone to panic attacks and the like.

Quote:

if you can even feel weed while tripping then your 'cid is weak or not 'cid.

that's all.

This is a very, very, very ignorant statement. If you smoke weed... it will have an effect on you tripping or not.

Maybe you're just smoking brick... or not weed at all. :rolleyes:

OfflineMoronicus
smokehousebacon.
Male

Re: weed ruining acid trips - can anyone else relate? [Re: Subconscious]
    #12434623 - 04/21/10 09:29 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

When I have a bad trip, weed actually helps, it's like returning back to a land you recognize.

--------------------

BACON RANCH, FUCK YEAH

A post about m00nshine

Anonymous #6 said:
Yes, it is. The shine stands for his job title, which is Shoe Shiner, the moon stands for the time he comes out to be a nigger, which is best suited for the negroid camouflage.

Invisiblemadpsilo
Male

Re: weed ruining acid trips - can anyone else relate? [Re: Moronicus]
    #12434867 - 04/21/10 10:17 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I can totally relate BUT only if I'm smoking everyday. If I quit for a month or so and take acid, I can get through the trip with out the urge to smoke weed and its actually a clearer trip. But if I'm smoking everyday, I usualy wana smoke right when I feel the effects and that makes the trip a bit hazier.

Offlinemiranda
hipsteress
Female

Loc: Flag
Re: weed ruining acid trips - can anyone else relate? [Re: Moronicus] * 1
    #12435078 - 04/21/10 10:54 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Cannabis is really weird in how trippy and introspective it can get during intense experiences.  The other night, I wasn't even tripping on anything, but I smoked a lot of weed really fast, and I was totally surprised to find myself in a situation that sounds a lot like in the OP.  It was like my mind was pulling out negative thoughts from deep within, and trying to get me to deal with them.  It was telling me I needed to be able to handle my problems and resolve the pessimism that was deep inside my head, that I thought I dealt with, but was really just covering up.  This was such a shock to me;  being so high I had open eye visuals and distorted perception, I just wasn't prepared for this degree of introspection.

I think that when one is tripping or in any altered mindset, he or she should treat the addition of cannabis as seriously as doing another hit of acid, or adding mushrooms to the mix.  It could totally alter your mindset and be a completely different trip, if you're in a great, optimistic mood from the acid, expecting more happy feelings and then are suddenly forced to see what the herb has to show you, which could be resoundingly negative and depressing.  The LSD might make it easier to deal with internal problems, but it can also exaggerate and intensify them. 

I recommend sitting down and thinking about all the things that went through your head while having the "bad trip" and either try to fix them, or seriously come to terms with them and accept them as part of yourself.  They will not go away, and if you continue to use psychedelics of any kind, there will always be the possibility of them coming up again during an intense introspective experience.

Note:  I've smoked weed and hash multiple times a day, every day, for years now, and have found it is unwise to assume that tolerance will yield immunity to unexpectedly powerful cannabis experiences, especially in conjunction with other psychedelics.

Offlinelaotzo
Struggling with Math
Male

Loc: Texas, poo country Flag
Re: weed ruining acid trips - can anyone else relate? [Re: miranda]
    #12435525 - 04/22/10 12:05 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

i apologize if my very realistic and totally (personally) true statement comes off as ignorant.

while i was a heavy daily smoker when i was doing 'cid last, i have never felt anything that lasted for long enough or was strong enough to convince me it wasn't placebo effect from smoking bud on acid.

never. ever. really.

i can't personally imagine it.

maybe my response to acid is strong and to bud weak in relation to you?

i wasn't trying to insult your drugs in any way. really.

but i don't get paranoid, and acid has never had the headfuck or emotional drama factor that shrooms have for me, so i always just saved the bud for after.

i never liked to mix any drug with acid; i like it so well and it is so hard to find here in the buckle of the bible belt that it seems like sacrilege.:crazy:

to each his own ...i just wanted to stress i wasn't trying to start a pissing match.

eat all you want, they will make more. YMMV.:psychsplit:

--------------------
if you can't beat them, arrange to have it done.

george carlin...RIP:heart:

laotzo

OfflineDAREtoTHINK
Wanderer

Re: weed ruining acid trips - can anyone else relate? [Re: laotzo]
    #12475243 - 04/29/10 01:29 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i just wanted to update in case this helps out anyone in the future. i tripped again this weekend without smoking weed. i did not go through that tough "bad" part of the trip that i did with my first couple trips. i'm pretty sure it's safe to say i can't mix cannabis and lsd and still have a good time. so to anyone out there who may experience the same thing or feel like they have the same problem as me i hope this helps.

--------------------
"you live day by day?"
-serj tankian

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale