Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Qi Gong For Seniors?
    #12403514 - 04/16/10 12:26 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

My grandmother doesn't move much.  Her attachment to her life in the past has limited her present moment decisions for the last few decades and thus has created for herself a condition of physical pain that cannot be detected by standard western medical practice.

The doctors were never able to find any faults in her physically.  But she always complained about her 'pain'.  The doctors told her she needs to start moving.

She's always mentioned that nobody understands her pain, but that it is real.

I know her pain is real.  I also think that her pain has been created in her mind by the resistance of changing times and her natural aging.  About a decade ago she got a facelift.  How fucking useless is that?  Haven't you learned, beloved grandmother, that happiness cannot be found on the outside?

In her room she has pictures of when she was a young beautiful, hot nurse.  She's in her mid 70's now and she seems to not fully accepted that her ageing was inevitable.

Her older sister, in her 80s, lives a graceful life free of pain.  My grandmother, younger than her sister, complains that she's too old for this, too old for that.  She can barely walk without feeling like she's about to fall all the time.

Anyway, I meditate deeply on this, applied ancient Buddhist wisdom.  I connected deeper and deeper with the source, in the present moment. I went over to her apartment to spend sometime, and as I moved eloquently and diligently around her, she started to pick up on my energy.  She started moving faster.  She started smiling.  We started talking.  She became excited because I promised her hope, and asked me when we could go out for dinner!  I felt her pain.  She says she's bored, and she  doesn't do much.

I believe she can be healed.  I believe that these self-created pains can be eradicated from her life, and that she can begin to walk gracefully in the park, up and down the stairs without trouble.

I don't know exactly how to approach this, but I have the faith knowing that she can once again feel like she did before her pain-body took over her life.  I know it can be done.  Her fears, her need to find a cause of all her physical and mental pains will be revealed.  Her need of medications will exist no more.  She doesn't even take them as directed, any way!

I'm thinking of buying some basic Qi Gong for healing for beginners, and going over to my grandmothers twice a week to practice with her.  I think if she practices with me, consistently, that she can once and for all immerse herself in the love of the divine, and become friends with her body instead of the enemy that it has become.

That's all for now.

Any advice, experience, or comments are welcome.

Out of compassion, I must help my grandmother to heal.  Nobody else will do it, nobody else believes.  I do.  Out of compassion, I will free her from her demons of attachment.

UPDATE: Thinking of buying this Qi Gong for Seniors and practising with her!

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Edited by Ginseng1 (04/16/10 12:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Qi Gong For Seniors? [Re: Ginseng1]
    #12403942 - 04/16/10 01:40 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

You can't free her from anything friend. That's her job.

However I do think Qi Gong is very helpful. I use it and think it works. However it may take some time to get the best results. Many say a year of practice to really start cooking although I have felt some result in just several months of daily practice.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #12406744 - 04/16/10 10:54 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I think this is one of the most Enlightened posts I've read here in years! Brilliant actually. Compassion in action = skillful means. Pranams!

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: Qi Gong For Seniors? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #12406777 - 04/16/10 11:02 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I think it is a good idea as well.
Just be mindful of the trap of attachment yourself.
Don't expect any outcome in particular, just let it unfold.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Qi Gong For Seniors? [Re: Kickle]
    #12408095 - 04/17/10 09:31 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
I think this is one of the most Enlightened posts I've read here in years! Brilliant actually. Compassion in action = skillful means. Pranams!

Thank you and blessings!  :cool:

Quote:

Kickle said:
I think it is a good idea as well.
Just be mindful of the trap of attachment yourself.
Don't expect any outcome in particular, just let it unfold.

Absolutely.  No strings attached.  What is, is.  What will be, will be.

And so it is!

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflinejivJaN
yes
Male User Gallery

#12408155 - 04/17/10 09:54 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

i say forget about qi gong and what not..
just goof around with her..
u gotta make her laugh.

and.. take her out for a fruit salad.

trust me :wink:

--------------------

---------------------

All my posts in this forum are strictly fictional.
They are derived from an acute mental illness , from which i am forced to lie compulsively.
I have never induced any kind of mind altering substance in my life  and i have no intentions whatsoever of doing anything illegal.
If I have ever suggested such a thing it would have most likely been , due to my personality disorder and i probably do not remember it at all..

Jump to top Pages: 1