Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMeatbandit
halves andpieces

Loc: Under the chair
No pins on PF cakes
    #1239707 - 01/22/03 11:07 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

so it has been 5 days since the birth of 9 pf cakes. They are sitting PF Tek style on top of pearlite, in sets of three inside tupperwear containers. After three days one set of three was dunked for 24 hours in a fridge, and then placed back into their container. Those ones turned blue and are slowly turning back to white over the course of the past 6 days. The other 2 sets havn't chagned much either. In fact, the only change i can see is perhaps a few tufts of mycelium spreading away from the surface of the cakes, like little Q-tip ends. They arn't any different color though, so I hesitate to call them pins. Perhaps if i knew better what a 'knot' looked like I could tell you if tha'ts what they are.

I worry that these cakes will be contaminated before they show any signs of fruit.

The room is currently about 60 degrees.
I am fanning each group about 1x per day.
There is plenty of moisture inside each of the containers.

What should I do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezandorf
OTD residentvirginwizard-abstinenceain'teasy

Re: No pins on PF cakes [Re: Meatbandit]
    #1239729 - 01/22/03 11:12 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

cubies? i would jack up the temp to like 70. at what temp were the incubated? you want their fruiting temp to be approximately 10 degrees below incubation temp.

how much light are they receiving, 12h per day is optimal.. really you haven;t been wating long at all yet. In fact, only the real lucky ones have pins in 5 days or less. it can take up to 2 weeks though usually it only takes maybe one.

those Q-tip things are hyphal knots and yes they'll probly be turned into pins by the time you read this.

--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

Edited by zandorf (01/22/03 11:15 AM)

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
Re: No pins on PF cakes [Re: Meatbandit]
    #1239740 - 01/22/03 11:15 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Woah there buddy, gotta be patient.  Five days is nothing.  It took me 2 weeks until I saw pins on my EQ cakes.  Calm down  :wink:

Quote:

I worry that these cakes will be contaminated before they show any signs of fruit.

It's very unlikely that your cakes will contaminate during the fruiting stage of the growing cycle.  From what you've said already, the mycelium network sounds well established.

Quote:

The room is currently about 60 degrees. 

Raise your temperature to at least 71.

Quote:

I am fanning each group about 1x per day. 

I'd fan at least 3 times a day.

Quote:

What should I do? 

Be patient.  Read, smoke pot, create, destroy, etc...

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag