Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleratman
Stranger
Storing fresh mushrooms and mycelium around stems
    #1236334 - 01/21/03 09:26 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

We just harvested our first wave of fruit. We want to eat them on Friday (today is Tuesday) and not bother with drying them. I was just going to keep them in air tight jars and leave them in the fridge (not freezing) - is this ok or should I do it a different way?

Also a few of the bigger mushrooms have mycelium around the stems. I'm wondering if they are safe to eat, or if we should pick it away. I'm more concerned with dosing right (we are starting small though) so I dont want to count the mycelium weight in the shroom weight, but I dont want to throw any "good stuff" away. What should I do?

Thanks for all the help!
Ratman

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Storing fresh mushrooms and mycelium around stems [Re: ratman]
    #1236341 - 01/21/03 09:27 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Not air tight jars! Nothing that is air tight, they will turn to mush. Put them into a brown paper bag and put that into the fridge.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
Re: Storing fresh mushrooms and mycelium around stems [Re: ratman]
    #1236349 - 01/21/03 09:30 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I've never stored fresh mush, so I can't give you any specific answer on that, but about the myc stuck to the stems, don't worry about it. It weighs just about nothing and will not really affect the mushrooms. If anything, cleaning it off will allow the good stuff to oxidize easier, which you don't want. If you are really woried about the extra weight, eat an extra gram. Its fresh, so you'll probably be eating 30g+ anyway, 1 extra gram fresh won't add that much to the trip.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale