Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
Spawning BRF Cakes to a Bulk Substrate Q/A
    #12352461 - 04/07/10 11:28 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I have 12 brf cakes in pint-sized wide-mouthed jars that are all 3/4 the way colonized and have been consolidated in the middle for a week now.
Now I see the reason why half-pint wide-mouthed jars are the best due to the space and length of time for brf cakes to colonize ratio.
That being said I was wondering if it would be safe to go ahead and bust the cakes out of the jars, knock off the uncolonized brf, break the remainder of the colonized/(consolidated) cakes up, and then spawn to a bulk substrate in trays then place in a shotgun terrarium or would a mini-monotub of sorts be better?
Also is there any specific best bulk substrate that in your opinion would be ideal to spawn brf cakes too?
Let me hear those answers Shroomery.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Spawning BRF Cakes to a Bulk Substrate Q/A [Re: hamloaf] * 1
    #12352516 - 04/07/10 11:34 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

it will be a risk if your willing to take it. also, if you plan on spawning cakes to a bulk sub, you dont need to let them sit a week to consilate. only let them sit if you plan on birthing them as cakes and not to a bulk sub.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Spawning BRF Cakes to a Bulk Substrate Q/A [Re: hamloaf]
    #12352541 - 04/07/10 11:38 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

:imwithstupid:

crumble them very small (more inoculation points = faster colonization = more nutriants left for fruiting) and mix with 3-4qts pasteurized coir/verm or past. manure/verm and let them recolonize in your trays/tubs/whatever you chose (cuz you should do well with any/all of those) then when its 100% fully colonized place them in fruting conditions with as much FAE you can supply without loosing your Rh range. :mushroomgrow::mushroom2::super:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Spawning BRF Cakes to a Bulk Substrate Q/A [Re: TacoHerder]
    #12352574 - 04/07/10 11:41 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

it will be a risk if your willing to take it. also, if you plan on spawning cakes to a bulk sub, you dont need to let them sit a week to consilate. only let them sit if you plan on birthing them as cakes and not to a bulk sub.

In your opinion why is this risky?
The cakes are already consolidated in the middle section of the jar.
Nothing I can do about it.

--------------------

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Spawning BRF Cakes to a Bulk Substrate Q/A [Re: 13shrooms]
    #12352577 - 04/07/10 11:41 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

im going to make the shroomery disable that smiley for you...

:awedrugs:

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
    #12352601 - 04/07/10 11:44 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:
Quote:

any exposed uncolonized substrate is high risk/prone to contams growing cuz its not covered in myc.  its a lil harder for contam spores to germinate sitting on myc then a food source.

when you wipe off the uncolonized portion you will have exposed uncolonized substrate. :strokebeard:

--------------------
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#12352614 - 04/07/10 11:45 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

:imwithstupid:

--------------------

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Spawning BRF Cakes to a Bulk Substrate Q/A [Re: TacoHerder]
    #12352623 - 04/07/10 11:46 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

touche  :murray:

--------------------

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #12357120 - 04/08/10 06:30 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

13shrooms said:
Quote:

hamloaf said:
Quote:

any exposed uncolonized substrate is high risk/prone to contams growing cuz its not covered in myc.  its a lil harder for contam spores to germinate sitting on myc then a food source.

when you wipe off the uncolonized portion you will have exposed uncolonized substrate. :strokebeard:

I looked at them this morning and they were all well on there way to 90% colonization and above.
Let them all finish is what I will more than probably do at this point; unless they begin to metabolize.
Oh the possibilities;
Fruit all the cakes regular pf method, fruit some of the cakes regular pf method and break some up and spawn them to bulk in trays, or spawn them all to a few mini monos. I can't decide. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineMonty-Driver
Quick Learner
Male

Loc: Nova Prospekt
    #12357586 - 04/08/10 07:41 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I would just fruit the cakes.
Or make it interesting and try
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/12002751/fpart/1

_monty

--------------------

:heart: The Community.

"I'm on my way to Hell.."
-Jesse Lacey, lead singer of Brand New

"If the truth can be told so as to be understood, it will be believed" -Terrance McKenna

B!G :thumbup:'s TO : dancefloordale, ChaosToOrder, and stonsun

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder