Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
passiflora incarnata seedlings.
    #12335112 - 04/05/10 12:10 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

now what?

i need help with this plant as i've never grown it. there is 2 that just came up.

do they like a lot of sun or are they shade plant? what about soil and fertilization?

help guys..:shrug:

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemisterogerz

Loc: Gulf Coast
Re: passiflora incarnata seedlings. [Re: ferrel_human]
    #12335188 - 04/05/10 12:24 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

how did u germinate them? i havent had any luck with ones ive tried

--------------------
:potleaf: :tendshroom: :potleaf:
:leaf::peyotespectrum::leaf:

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Re: passiflora incarnata seedlings. [Re: misterogerz]
    #12335202 - 04/05/10 12:26 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

i heard the same thing that they were difficult and by the time i had been waiting it seemed like that was possible.

but i saw them today.

i just set them in coco coir and a we bit perlite so that it would retain water and watered them daily.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

InvisibleKBG1977
    #12335223 - 04/05/10 12:30 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

They are easy to grow,Love full sun,and little fertilizer:grin:

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Re: passiflora incarnata seedlings. [Re: KBG1977]
    #12335314 - 04/05/10 12:44 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

thanks KBG. good to know. i put them in full sun and have actually seem to get bigger.

do they grow fast?

--------------------
-Karode

Offlinebenitoamanito
rad

#12335563 - 04/05/10 01:24 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

i germinated some in a peat pot germinator thing (those black trays with the clear cover)

took a few weeks, but most of them (i think all) sprouted..

just gotta keep them inside to sprout and warm, humidity, but they are outside now and doing well..

transplant easily, just dont do it when they are too young, wait till the first leaves are about a cm long or so, or until they have 3-4 leaves

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Re: passiflora incarnata seedlings. [Re: benitoamanito]
    #12335672 - 04/05/10 01:45 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

got any flower pics benito? would love to see them. i love those flowers. i actually bought them just for the flowers.

--------------------
-Karode

InvisibleKBG1977
    #12335787 - 04/05/10 02:08 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

They grow super fast in the ground,heck,they are a vine.Let me see if I can dig up some old pics of mine.

These were my old ones grown lat year in Florida.This all grew from a 1 foot cutting planted up against the fence.There is a beautiful purple and white one that grows here with huge fruits!!! I can't wait to get some cuttings!!!The very last pic is where I got my original cutting.

Edited by KBG1977 (04/05/10 02:18 PM)

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

#12335813 - 04/05/10 02:13 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

a vine?

then they might not like south texas weather. to hot and very dry at times.

what do you think KBG?

--------------------
-Karode

OfflineiFennario
Creep creeping the earth

#12335820 - 04/05/10 02:14 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, its totally a vine. The type of thing that needs a trellis or fence or something to climb on. In nature it runs through the tree tops.

Quote:

ferrel_human said:
got any flower pics benito? would love to see them. i love those flowers. i actually bought them just for the flowers.

The flowers are :thumbup:, but the fruit are :awethumb:
The best for smoothies... use the seeds and all, they have nutritional fatty oils.

As far as it getting to dry.. just keep it watered I suppose.

--------------------
I don't use or interact with illegal drugs. I joined for the wealth of information available in the Ethnobotanical Garden forum.

Edited by iFennario (04/05/10 02:15 PM)

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Re: passiflora incarnata seedlings. [Re: iFennario]
    #12335869 - 04/05/10 02:21 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

that thing is :aweoverdose: KBG.

nice.:grin:

--------------------
-Karode

InvisibleKBG1977
    #12335898 - 04/05/10 02:26 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks ferrel,they will handle south Texas sun,trust me,the more sun the merrier:grin:Mine never wilted in 90 percent humidity,and highs in the hi 80's to low 90's.If you plant them up near the house,you could always give em a spray with the hose in the morning:wink:

Offlinebenitoamanito
rad

#12335899 - 04/05/10 02:26 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

lol mine are still seedlings, im just saying they lookin cool s far.. hopefully they start climbin the fence soon

OfflineiFennario
Creep creeping the earth

#12335914 - 04/05/10 02:30 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

How did you get that cutting to root? I've tried with smaller cuttings.. just about 6 inches long. I tried sticking in dirt with rooting hormone and I have one in glass with water and rooting hormone.

--------------------
I don't use or interact with illegal drugs. I joined for the wealth of information available in the Ethnobotanical Garden forum.

OfflineRiverRat427
Something funny happened...
Male

Loc: ..on the road to Damascus
    #12335938 - 04/05/10 02:32 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I've tried growing P. Incarnata from seeds but couldn't get any to germinate using any method, though I'd love to try and grow them in the future. Happy to hear they worked out for you:thumbup:

From the ones I've seen growing, though, I though I should add that they should be on a STRONG trellis or fence. I've seen Morning Glories pull down lattice trellises that weren't so securely anchored and judging by the greater weight of Passionflower vines I'd make sure that whatever they're growing up is really strongly secured.

EDIT

Quote:

iFennario said:
How did you get that cutting to root? I've tried with smaller cuttings.. just about 6 inches long. I tried sticking in dirt with rooting hormone and I have one in glass with water and rooting hormone.

I've read that you can take a section of an already rooted & growing vine (still attached to the mother plant) and just bury a section under the soil and leave the rest sticking up above the soil and water where it's buried. Supposedly they root very easily that way. When they do you cut the vine where it connects to the main rootstock and dig up the new rooted section and pot it up.

The context that I read it in was pertaining to taking one single already growing vine and running it along the ground at the base of a fence or whatever, serpentine-ing above and below the soil. Each part under the earth is supposed to root and once established you can cut where they're attached to one another above ground and each rooted section grows into it's own vine.

--------------------
Don't tase me, bro!

Edited by RiverRat427 (04/05/10 03:51 PM)

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

#12335948 - 04/05/10 02:34 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

yeah well 90percent humidity works there but soemtimes it is dry as fuck here. anyways since the morning there are definitly taking off.

--------------------
-Karode

InvisibleKBG1977
    #12335959 - 04/05/10 02:36 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I just let it sit in water for a few days in the shade,and I then trimmed off a section of the lower leaves,to get a good amount of stem.I then got a small pot filled with a sandy potting mix,and pushed the stem all the way down until it's first set of leaves.I made it so the vine was standing directly up.I then watered it,leaned it up against the side of the house,in the shade,and kept the soil moist,and the plant misted daily.Lotta work,but proves successful:grin:

InvisibleFleadh
Eh No....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ireland Flag
    #12340389 - 04/06/10 03:07 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I have some seeds coming so has anyone a good germination tek for these?

--------------------
Friendships have come and gone but I always regret the girls I didn't bang

I just dont really care what you think

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Re: passiflora incarnata seedlings. [Re: Fleadh]
    #12341392 - 04/06/10 10:48 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

here are the little guys and there is one more. so there is three in total.

mr fleadh, i would go with all peat or coco coir as i did it. very little perlite. then make sure they are wet at all times. i guess you could even put plastic over them if you want. i didn't and they came up fine.

--------------------
-Karode

OfflineThirdEye4103
|) |\|\ "|"

Loc: Hell (but colder) Flag
    #12341856 - 04/06/10 12:11 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Looking good mine just popped up for this year too.

Germination has been known to take up to 7 months in some cases, but I think the best way to get them to germinate is by taking a cigar cutter and nic the tip off of one of the sides, then get a paper plate lay a wet paper towel on top, put seeds on that, add another paper towel and plate to sandwich it, then put that in a freezer bag, set that in warm place and they should germinate it two-seven days.

I also found some passiflora caerula seeds nearby and started to germ them, the seeds are about a third the size as incarnata. I was wondering if anyone knows if caerula is good for it's maoi properties as much as incarnata. I love me some passion flower tea it's great for sleep and I love mixing the foliage with a joint for sleep time.

--------------------
Sorry about my poor sentence structure
“I believe in a long, prolonged, derangement of the senses in order to obtain the unknown.”
-Jim Morrison
Looking for
Kratom
Edible Lime

-Trade List-
-Vote For Your Prefered Cactus Species And Dosing Method-

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order