Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleFurrowedBrow
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Tried an isolation/flotation tank today
    #12325837 - 04/03/10 08:43 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I thought I would share my experience here too.  I highly recommend it.

So a couple weeks ago I was looking through our alternative news paper at the classifieds and to my asstonishment I found a doctor that is giving out recommendations for cannabis.  THEN i saw the words isolation tank in the health and beauty section of the classifieds.  I had been looking for a flotation tank for the last 5 years or so.  They are, not surprisingly, hard to come by.  I called them up and set up an appointment for earlier today.  I knew I had to prepare myself somehow.  What better way than to smoke a joint of some homegrown?  I rolled one up and saved it for the drive over there.  I also had been drinking a lot of water.  I showered before leaving as well.  Plus listened to some feel good music like Creams, "I feel Glad," to help get me in the right frame of mind. 

I was feeling really good on the way over there.  I lit up the joint and started puffin away as the journy began.  It was a 20 minute trip but i did't get to smoke the entire thing.  I was high enough.  I parked outside what looked like a small one story house.  I walked inside and the first room was large and spacious with very light purple and blue decor throughout.  There was a small table with all the companies services and information, lots of candles all around.  They filled the room with an amazing fragrance of jasmines and lilacs.  The woman working there was just gorgeous.  I'm sure it was obvious that I had just smoked a joint, despite my best efforts to prevent that.  She had me complete a form that released them from liability and was an agreement that i dont have contagious diseases and wont sue them, etc.  They also had a form with some interesting information about the tank.  I completed and read the form and then she led me back to the tank.  The room with the tank looked like a small bedroom.  It was also decorated with candles all about and nicely hung up sheets that somehow added a bit of comfort as I wasn't entire sure what to expect.  The room was also pretty warm, much much warmer than the rest of the place. 

I snapped this photo with my phone.  As you can see it was like entering the void.  Pretty neat.

The tank itself was the exact same kind that rogan gave away a couple years ago, which i was disappointed not to have won it.  I gathered the pictures below from the internet which are accurate representations.  She gave me some general instructions and left.  I got naked and put the ear plugs in and stepped right in.  The water was really warm, it felt great.  I had anticipated the water to be a sludge of sorts.  The put 800 pounds of salt into 11 or 12 inches of water.  But the water was completely clear, just as regular water.  So I turned around and faced the door and closed it shut.  It was automatically completely dark and completely quiet besides the water that i was moving around.  I sat then laid back in the water and felt the boyancy of my body in the solution.  It was an interesting feeling to say the least.  The air in there was as warm as the water was.  I believe the temps were close to either body temp or the temp of the surface of our skin.  I didn't ask.  The air in there was thick and humid and it made breathing just a bit more difficult but certainly tolerable still.

One piece of advice she gave me that i thought was interesting was to question whether or not you are really relaxed.  So that kind of became my focus for this session.  I laid back and it was such an odd experience i just couldn't get comfortable for the first few minutes.  After I steadied myself and the water I became one with everything.  It was a very odd boundary dissolving feeling.  There was no water, I couldn't tell where the water was at on my body.  I had no idea if my stomach, penis, hands, etc were in or out of the water.  I tried to remain still throughout the hour long session.  The first fifteen minutes were basically me trying to get comfortable in different positions while I thought about my life.  It was a lot of reflection mostly.  I remember a very vivid image of me as a child sitting around this little patch of green grass with tall trees around in a circle and I was just sitting at the base of the tree like alice in the beginning of her story.  It was a very peaceful image.  I had no stress.  The hour was up pretty quickly it seemed.  I had no way of keeping track of the time or anything in there, so that also added to the experience.  She knocked on the door to let me know the hour was up.  I sat up (there's plenty of room in there) and opened the door.  The cold air from the outside hit me hard as I climbed out.  There was a robe hanging in the corner and a towel too so i wiped off my facing, making certain not to get any of that salt water in my eyes.  I put on the robe and went in the other room where there was a shower.  I felt my hair just before getting into the shower, it was soooo nastily filled with salt.  I washed myself real good.  there was also salt all over me.  After I got out we talked about my experience.  I was feeling really good.  my mind was clear, my body felt light, and I didn't feel stoned any more.  I thought that was odd.  I am not sure what role my intoxication played in this whole experience.  I booked another session for a couple weeks from now.  This time I will do it for two hours.  At no point did i feel claustrophobic or anything.  The owner really went out of her way to make me feel comfortable.  The cost of the one hour session was only $25 plus a $7 tip.  This was a special they were having.  She also let me keep that special price for the next two hour session.  She said they would let me do it however long i wanted to.  But the normal rate is $50 per hour.  I want to try it on a medium sized dose of mushrooms next time or the time after.  Maybe go completely sober and well rested next time.  We'll see. 

Here's a list of places around the USA that offer flotation services.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!

I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Tried an isolation/flotation tank today [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #12325856 - 04/03/10 08:45 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Those things are badass, I love me some non-sensory experiences :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
    #12325861 - 04/03/10 08:46 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

did you go to the one in berkeley?

--------------------

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
    #12325876 - 04/03/10 08:48 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

that's really cool man, nice write up.

OfflineMrShroom
Spectral

Loc: Flag
Re: Tried an isolation/flotation tank today [Re: learningtofly]
    #12325920 - 04/03/10 08:55 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I am thinking buying one of these bad boys and do exactly what this business does. I know we don't have any float tanks in this area.

InvisibleFurrowedBrow
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Re: Tried an isolation/flotation tank today [Re: learningtofly]
    #12326005 - 04/03/10 09:11 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MrShroom said:
I am thinking buying one of these bad boys and do exactly what this business does. I know we don't have any float tanks in this area.

Oh man you should.  I would LOVE to have one of these in my house.  Just so i could take high doses for the experience.

Quote:

learningtofly said:
did you go to the one in berkeley?

no.  I am in the high desert sw.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!

I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson

OfflineSolemente
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Tried an isolation/flotation tank today [Re: MrShroom]
    #12326007 - 04/03/10 09:12 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

That is really cool, something I'm try in my lifetime for sure.

Offlineshakedown
Dry Smasher

Loc: LOCHNESS Flag
Re: Tried an isolation/flotation tank today [Re: Solemente]
    #12326054 - 04/03/10 09:21 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

i want 1

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Male

Loc: The Lot
    #12326100 - 04/03/10 09:34 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Great report.  I am envious of your access to a deprivation tank.  :cool:  Ever since seeing Altered States as a kid I wanted to try one.  I have looked at purchasing one, but they are priced out of reach for me.  The kits/plans are too.  I have been watching for one in my area, but none yet.

Please post a report from your next experiment with the tank.  I would like to read more.

--------------------

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Tried an isolation/flotation tank today [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #12326210 - 04/03/10 09:59 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

My experiences with sensory deprivation were all very powerful, but I have yet to to experience full fledged sensory deprivation. The closest I got to sensory deprivation was with a mindfold and earplugs, but I have nevr experienced anything close to that type of mindstate before... One day soon I will take the full plunge.

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Loc: Paradise
Re: Tried an isolation/flotation tank today [Re: danlennon3]
    #12326896 - 04/04/10 12:28 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

what a coincidence i was just looking up floatation tanks recently. they seem really cool. i really would like to have a go at it and see what its like.

--------------------

Offlinebasic360
EE
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South Flag
Re: Tried an isolation/flotation tank today [Re: Dosile Kouki]
    #12326905 - 04/04/10 12:32 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

thats cool as hell

OfflineWalterShabas
Male

Loc: Middle West
Re: Tried an isolation/flotation tank today [Re: basic360]
    #12326946 - 04/04/10 12:42 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

wow, thanks for posting the list of places that offer this service, there's one less than 10 miles from my house, i will be doing this soon without a doubt :thumbup:

--------------------
Push th' little daisies and make 'em come up.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale