Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Might move to Israel
    #12204265 - 03/15/10 01:05 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

I was hanging out with a good friend of mine earlier  and we had a discussion on the future and shit, hes moving to israel not long after the summer and after talking i think i might join him...

its been on my mind a lot to move out of america, i dont think its just me in thinking this place is going to shit- everyone i talk to, including on the shroomery seem to be getting bad vibes about america- now more so than ever...

but it is more than that too- im ready to move on for big change after the next few months are over.

So about Israel-  life there is a lot cheaper- aside from electronics-  rent and food is all mad cheap- ive been there for two years and i think the vibe there is a lot more of a free kind of mentality--

the only thing i have a hard time leaving behind is my close friends who live here and the music scene, which dnt thnk is too amazing these days ether. the scene there is a lot smaller in israel but its pretty hardcore ..    two years ago when i was in israel i saw animal collective and the show was awsome and packed- point being that there is a underground scene that seems to be picking up there-  which is good for me as someone who wants to play shows and make music

regardless-      its an intense decision but i think it might be an awsme thing to go forward with.  id probably take get a lot of lsd for living there too :lsd:    --- 

another reason that makes the country a good oppurtunity is that there are programs along with the government that actually sponsor people for a few months to make the move so that gives me time to figure out all my shit and get a place to live and all that jazz...:leaf:

only downside is that the terrorism there can be a bug out but the way i see it is that if anything epic goes down there it will probably turn into world war 3, cause of all the anti and pro israel countries + the jihad fuckers have nukes  so i dont think america is much safer in the long run....      ether wway tho, this worlds bound to end soon anyway.

also wondering-  do any  shroomerites live in israel?

it would be good to hear some experiences with living there  .        for now i think this is a fucking awesome idea, i can only speak for myself- but america  kind of depresses me  for the most part, even tho i hav some awesome times here...

Edited by skatealex2 (03/15/10 01:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineoh_you_know
lsd <3
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oh, USA
Re: Might move to Israel [Re: skatealex2]
    #12204277 - 03/15/10 01:08 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

sounds fun if you can handle it.

--------------------
My Journal

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Might move to Israel [Re: oh_you_know]
    #12204333 - 03/15/10 01:22 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

oh_you_know said:
sounds fun if you can handle it.

i dont think it would be harder than working to support myself in America

OfflineBeanz
Male

Loc: dirty south
    #12204341 - 03/15/10 01:24 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

good luck hope you dont run into a suicide bomber

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Might move to Israel [Re: Beanz]
    #12204392 - 03/15/10 01:33 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

make sure you're jewish....

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Might move to Israel [Re: Shins]
    #12204462 - 03/15/10 01:48 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

I may have to join the army for two years if i go - whch could be a bug out, but its possible i might be able to get out of it if i tell them i've tripped acid and don't speak Hebrew   

Edited by skatealex2 (03/15/10 01:59 AM)

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

#12204518 - 03/15/10 02:01 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Aw... but don't you want to abuse some worthless arab worms? It's fun flogging helpless arabs and gentiles of all sort no?  (/sarcasm) I personally wouldn't move to and support such a crazy racist place.

But it's your call :shrug: I guess you're not the minority so it'll be alright for you.

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

InvisibleYellowDesertSun
Yellow Desert Sun
Male

Loc: Flag
    #12204526 - 03/15/10 02:03 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Wow only 2-3 suicide bombers?
Not bad, not bad...

You think America is bad, and you are going to where there are suicide bombers, dude? (even though America has high mortality rates in a lot of areas :shrug: but still...suicide bombers, dude)

:shrug2:

Edited by YellowDesertSun (03/15/10 02:07 AM)

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Might move to Israel [Re: YellowDesertSun]
    #12204666 - 03/15/10 02:50 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Shins said:I personally wouldn't move to and support such a crazy racist place.

But it's your call :shrug: I guess you're not the minority so it'll be alright for you.

still gotta give i t  a lot of thought...          the people in war there don't shoot every Arab they see, i think its tougher than people from america realize..  its hard defend yourself from mother fuckers that will blow themselves up.

i dont support killing innocent arabs or any nation, dont get the wrong idea, but i dont think its as 2-d as some people see it in our land of the free  :mushroom2:

Quote:

YellowDesertSun said:
Wow only 2-3 suicide bombers?
Not bad, not bad...

You think America is bad, and you are going to where there are suicide bombers, dude? (even though America has high mortality rates in a lot of areas :shrug: but still...suicide bombers, dude)

:shrug2:

yea, suicide bombers suck but aside from that shit, israel feels like a free place to me...  terrorism isnt whats driving me out of america  :stoned: 

i want to escape all the bullshit that goes on here and the expensive living...  what better place to drop out of society than moving to israel and getting support from the government for 6 months.

its a intense deicsion and im kind of 50/50 on going or not but i think it could be an interesting move...

Edited by skatealex2 (03/15/10 03:00 AM)

OfflineSupreme Slammage
Time Traveler
Male

#12204675 - 03/15/10 02:57 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

--------------------
Solar Layering METHOD!!!
TO INFINITY AND BEYOND

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
    #12204697 - 03/15/10 03:15 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

I'm sure there are safer cheap areas on Earth. :earth:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
    #12204721 - 03/15/10 03:32 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Move to Berlin, dude, best art scene in the world, imo, even better than Barcelona! AND it is the cheapest of all the major European cities to live in.

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
Re: Might move to Israel [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #12204877 - 03/15/10 05:41 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

max brooks predicts that israel would have a faster and more appropriate response to the zombie apocalypse than any other nation.  so there's that to be said.

--------------------

Offlinesubiedude
SUBIE!!!
 User Gallery

Loc: Colorado
Re: Might move to Israel [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #12205167 - 03/15/10 08:54 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

NEW ZEALAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockon:

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #12205201 - 03/15/10 09:06 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

I, personally, would never want to LIVE in Israel.  I've never been, but a good friend of mine was born there and spent a significant chunk of his life there.

Sounds and looks like a beautiful country, just far too much violence for me to consider willingly moving there.  He's described the terror you feel when there's a full on bomb assault a kilometer away from you and it really doesn't sound like my kind of day at all.

That being said, apparently Desert Trance parties are where it's at for a music scene in Israel.

I'd love to go visit for a week or two, especially after the flood season when everything is green, but never ever stay there.

I think simisu is/was from Israel, and OneMoreRobot went there last year sometime.  You should talk to those guys.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Might move to Israel [Re: circularvortex]
    #12206532 - 03/15/10 01:58 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

subiedude said:
NEW ZEALAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockon:

Quote:

Apollyphelion said:
Move to Berlin, dude, best art scene in the world, imo, even better than Barcelona! AND it is the cheapest of all the major European cities to live in.

problem is i dont kno anyone there, itd be kind of depressing to move:psybong:

Quote:

circularvortex said:
I, personally, would never want to LIVE in Israel.  I've never been, but a good friend of mine was born there and spent a significant chunk of his life there.

Sounds and looks like a beautiful country, just far too much violence for me to consider willingly moving there.  He's described the terror you feel when there's a full on bomb assault a kilometer away from you and it really doesn't sound like my kind of day at all.

That being said, apparently Desert Trance parties are where it's at for a music scene in Israel.

I'd love to go visit for a week or two, especially after the flood season when everything is green, but never ever stay there.

I think simisu is/was from Israel, and OneMoreRobot went there last year sometime.  You should talk to those guys.

ya, the violence is a bitch...  if not for that i'd make th move easy....      and there isnt any end in sight with that, but id prob have to join the army which would mean id have a machine gun to defend myself with at least

i cant pm onemorerobot or simisu cause im banned from messaging.              there's def a music scene going on down there, when i was there i went to two underground/indie music bars  and saw animal collective play at a club there..

they love electronic/heavy shit down there..

OfflineSupreme Slammage
Time Traveler
Male

Re: Might move to Israel [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #12210456 - 03/16/10 12:47 AM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
max brooks predicts that israel would have a faster and more appropriate response to the zombie apocalypse than any other nation.  so there's that to be said.

Yeh that's because the government still isn't smart enough to figure out Palestinians aren't zombies!

--------------------
Solar Layering METHOD!!!
TO INFINITY AND BEYOND

InvisibleArden
לנשום

Loc: Α & Ω Flag
Re: Might move to Israel [Re: Supreme Slammage]
    #12210823 - 03/16/10 02:24 AM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Simisu lives elsewhere now.

I lived there for nearly a year, and I still speak Hebrew with my Israeli girlfriend of 2 years.

Overall, the music scene is quite shitty in my opinion, and this is coming from a musician. The electronic scene (mostly trance and goa) is great if you're into that. Otherwise it's crap music imported from America's charts (especially 80's for some unknown blasphemous reason). Sure there is an "underground" movement of musicians, but in a country the size of New Jersey that isn't saying much.

I vote move there though, there are plenty of beautiful reasons to take off. Life is too short to do boring shit. Nobody makes it out, at least spin some wheels while you have the cojones. As for the violence, it's over-hyped by journalists, politicians, religious fanatics, military personnel, and anyone who visited the dead sea and wants to sound risqué. I lived near the Lebanon border and the closest I got to violence was arguing with Muslims about who makes the better hummus or has the hairiest women. 

I was very close to moving there actually. Aside from being a really cool place with intense and fascinating cultures, I like adventure and spontaneity. I eventually just drove across the country with zero plans and lived out of my car for awhile, which is why I decided against moving to Israel -- got accepted into grad school, so here I am in an apartment and planning the next trip.

Edit: Israel isn't cheap; it's on par with Western Europe (fresh produce is the only memorable exception). New studies now show they work about as many hours as the US and Japan. The difference being the population is more collectivist so people are likely to help more and split costs, etc.

Edited by Arden (03/16/10 02:29 AM)

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Might move to Israel [Re: Arden]
    #12212591 - 03/16/10 01:02 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

tru, a lot of it is shitty techno music in israel... i like the collective vibe down there tho, its a good feeling .. but i thnk im gonna try my hand at the music scene in ny first, see if i can get something going here... i like israel but i really dont want to join the army for two years, thats kind of stopping me...gues time will tell what i should do

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #12212595 - 03/16/10 01:04 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

I'll be in Israel/Jordan/Turkey this summer.
Doesn't really have anything to do with the thread though.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale