Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineskullhuman
the skullman cometh
Male User Gallery

Cannabinoids vs. Cancer in the media
    #12130201 - 03/02/10 07:44 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Well Shroomery, you seem like the kind of community that should be fairly aware of the anti-cancer effects of cannabis, and specifically its cannabinoids.  Over the last year or so, I've noticed that a lot of stories about this on the net seem to have disappeared, or have been overrun by negative articles that speculate about the supposed dangers of pot.  A lot of youtube videos that used to be available about this also seem to have been removed due to a 'violation in terms of service', or some such nonsense.  Anybody else notice this stuff?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery

Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Cannabinoids vs. Cancer in the media [Re: skullhuman]
    #12130532 - 03/02/10 08:32 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

in case you havent noticed..theres a new conservative repugnican tide sweeping the country...and i doubt that their any big fans of cannabis either....

InvisibleAnastomosisJihad
Hominid
Male

Loc: Ohio
Re: Cannabinoids vs. Cancer in the media [Re: Annapurna1]
    #12130683 - 03/02/10 08:54 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

I think its more probably just a case of who fuckin knows.

I was completely convinced of global warming two years ago, but it's really cold this winter just about everywhere, and somebody dug up some questionable data in the global warming story.  When I was a kid, butter was bad for you so you should switch to margarine, but now the story has changed and margarine is bad for you. Who fuckin knows!

Cannabinoids are good for you because they get you high. Man does not live by bread alone. Doctors point to all kinds of studies that show happy people are healthier. I'm almost always happy when I'm high.

--------------------
come together

Offlineskullhuman
the skullman cometh
Male User Gallery

Re: Cannabinoids vs. Cancer in the media [Re: AnastomosisJihad]
    #12130829 - 03/02/10 09:14 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

AnastomosisJihad said:
Cannabinoids are good for you because they get you high. Man does not live by bread alone. Doctors point to all kinds of studies that show happy people are healthier. I'm almost always happy when I'm high.

Here's a fun possibility to entertain: Do you think this could be the ultimate means by which Cannabis destroys cancer? That is, do you believe that perhaps what is being implied by its capacity to enable apoptosis and inhibit angiogenesis in tumors, is its empowering of our own consciousness to do so? I mean, it could be a powerful placebo effect, towards which humans are genetically inclined, and thus strongly predisposed.  This could be an explanation for just about any way humans tend to react to a plant.  The brain is plastic and physically restructures itself around the consciousness that underlies it.  Maybe when it gets down to it, everything the body does is a physical structuring around the 'consciousness' it's tied to.

Well, it's an interesting idea to explore.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Cannabinoids vs. Cancer in the media (moved) [Re: skullhuman]
    #12131480 - 03/02/10 10:49 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

This thread was moved from Political Discussion.

Reason:
not a very political discussion but it also doesnt qualify for drug policy

Offlinemarmarwoohoo
Male
    #12133007 - 03/03/10 08:18 AM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

skullhuman said:
Quote:

AnastomosisJihad said:

Here's a fun possibility to entertain: Do you think this could be the ultimate means by which Cannabis destroys cancer? That is, do you believe that perhaps what is being implied by its capacity to enable apoptosis and inhibit angiogenesis in tumors, is its empowering of our own consciousness to do so? I mean, it could be a powerful placebo effect, towards which humans are genetically inclined, and thus strongly predisposed.  This could be an explanation for just about any way humans tend to react to a plant.  The brain is plastic and physically restructures itself around the consciousness that underlies it.  Maybe when it gets down to it, everything the body does is a physical structuring around the 'consciousness' it's tied to.

Well, it's an interesting idea to explore.

That is an interesting idea that probably is true on some levels.

But the active anti-cancer property of cannabis has been shown to kill of cancer cells in lab studies where consciousness is not involved with the cell materials, so yeah it also is a purely physical reaction it looks like: 

check this out: there are many more articles around like this one too: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/04/090401181217.htm

Offlineskullhuman
the skullman cometh
Male User Gallery

Re: Cannabinoids vs. Cancer in the media [Re: marmarwoohoo]
    #12134838 - 03/03/10 02:09 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

marmarwoohoo said:
But the active anti-cancer property of cannabis has been shown to kill of cancer cells in lab studies where consciousness is not involved with the cell materials, so yeah it also is a purely physical reaction it looks like 

Yea.. I know more or less how it physically works.  I was just speculating that the conscious altering dimensions of the plant, subliminal or otherwise, may somehow be tied to it.

--------------------

InvisibleUtOpiaN-MiNdStAtEs
 User Gallery
Loc: place
    #12135096 - 03/03/10 02:53 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

the cancer medicine bissness is run on mainly pain meds and meds that prolong the effects of it. they do not cure anything therefor making infite amounts of money becouse once a person is on there meds there prolly on it till they die.

if every one knew about weed or anything for that matter curing cancer then they would loose billions of dollers per year and those companys sponcer and fund tons of other needed companys that are just in it for the money too.

thats why we will never see a cure for aids or cancer or beeing a woman

--------------------
:tripmolecule::awecid2::awecid2::tripmolecule:]KILLEER TOFFUUUUUU!!!!
love life and live loving

Wizard of the Night

~Peace Love and Hippy Shit~

InvisibleUtOpiaN-MiNdStAtEs
 User Gallery
Loc: place
Re: Cannabinoids vs. Cancer in the media [Re: UtOpiaN-MiNdStAtEs]
    #12135098 - 03/03/10 02:53 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

jp about the woman part

--------------------
:tripmolecule::awecid2::awecid2::tripmolecule:]KILLEER TOFFUUUUUU!!!!
love life and live loving

Wizard of the Night

~Peace Love and Hippy Shit~

OfflineNymphaea
Money-less Wanderer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mitten Flag
Re: Cannabinoids vs. Cancer in the media [Re: UtOpiaN-MiNdStAtEs]
    #12135455 - 03/03/10 03:36 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

You sound crazy if you tell an ignorant person that cannabis has the potential to cure cancer.  The government and Pharma like it that way.  They have the money and the power.  I'm not suprised that hardly anyone knows about it.  Fucked up world we live in.

--------------------
:huxleyfacepalm:

Plant Trees

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

Re: Cannabinoids vs. Cancer in the media [Re: Nymphaea]
    #12135519 - 03/03/10 03:45 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

This is pretty much left up to the people now. As in, if you want to once and for all, get rid of Cancer (a cure) and many other diseases; then you have to somehow play your part to help re-introduce Cannabis and Hemp back into society...

It's you vs. them (Gov., Pharma/Tobacco/Alcohol Industries, and many more)... how do you want your world to look like?

Invisiblenorml840
sex toy guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: lost
    #12135820 - 03/03/10 04:22 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#12136034 - 03/03/10 04:53 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Big pharma companies already market cannabinoid based medicines.

I'm sure they'd love to make an extra bazillion jillion dollars by say, curing cancer.

Thus far, pot has only been shown to cure cancer in rodents, petri dishes, and youtube videos.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Offlinepretzel_king
Fish Puppy

Loc: MI
Re: Cannabinoids vs. Cancer in the media [Re: norml840]
    #12136187 - 03/03/10 05:12 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Ah I remember that video my dad had it at some point. Thanks for sharing.

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

Re: Cannabinoids vs. Cancer in the media [Re: badchad]
    #12136335 - 03/03/10 05:34 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

badchad said:
Big pharma companies already market cannabinoid based medicines.

I'm sure they'd love to make an extra bazillion jillion dollars by say, curing cancer.

Thus far, pot has only been shown to cure cancer in rodents, petri dishes, and youtube videos.

You're still missing the point, they may be conducting research and development, but don't plan on moving on (like many prototype cars). THEY HAVE/KNOW THE CURE TO CANCER, but aren't selling it... at least to "regular" people.

Also, I wouldn't mind taking bets that cannabis/cannabinoids cure cancers/tumors, along with many other diseases and ailments in humans...

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Cannabinoids vs. Cancer in the media [Re: BiG_StroOnZ]
    #12136742 - 03/03/10 06:26 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

BiG_StroOnZ said:
You're still missing the point, they may be conducting research and development, but don't plan on moving on (like many prototype cars). THEY HAVE/KNOW THE CURE TO CANCER, but aren't selling it... at least to "regular" people.

Also, I wouldn't mind taking bets that cannabis/cannabinoids cure cancers/tumors, along with many other diseases and ailments in humans...

I'm of the opinion that GW pharma isn't spending (at least) tens of millions on researching Sativex just for shits and giggles.

6 months ago, they announced they were ready to start phase III trials.  Phase III trials cost quite a bit of money.

Somewhat ironically, they are looking at the treatment of cancer pain.  They are planning to treat 360 patients.  This will be a well documented study.  If cannabinoids are the magic bullet everyone claims, we'll expect 360 individuals to make a miraculous recovery.  With an n=360 it will be statistically easy to see even minor benefits in cancer remmission.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

#12136865 - 03/03/10 06:41 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

badchad said:
Quote:

BiG_StroOnZ said:

I'm of the opinion that GW pharma isn't spending (at least) tens of millions on researching Sativex just for shits and giggles.

6 months ago, they announced they were ready to start phase III trials.  Phase III trials cost quite a bit of money.

Somewhat ironically, they are looking at the treatment of cancer pain.  They are planning to treat 360 patients.  This will be a well documented study.  If cannabinoids are the magic bullet everyone claims, we'll expect 360 individuals to make a miraculous recovery.  With an n=360 it will be statistically easy to see even minor benefits in cancer remmission.

They are developing medicines like Sativex to help those with cancer treatment (chemotherapy), not to cure cancer (much like how Marinol is used). Meanwhile, Rick Simpsons' Cannabis Plant Extract has actually CURED peoples' cancers. Along with that, is all of the synthetic cannabinoids (JWH, CP, WIN), that again and again have been proven to kill all types of cancers, prevent tumor growth, etc.

Meanwhile, we have companies (whether they are utilizing Cannabis/Cannabinoid knowledge or not in their medicines), who are still only looking to get money and aren't looking to cure anybody. Keeping people alive and making profit off of their diseases is their main priorities - understand this.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#12136891 - 03/03/10 06:45 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

I'm well aware.

If THC cures cancer, then administering THC to a cancer patient should cure them.

--------------------

Edited by badchad (03/03/10 06:45 PM)

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

#12136923 - 03/03/10 06:50 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

badchad said:

I'm well aware.

If THC cures cancer, then administering THC to a cancer patient should cure them.

THC on its own wont cure cancer (but it can help), it's mainly the Cannabinoids that do.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#12136945 - 03/03/10 06:52 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

BiG_StroOnZ said:
Quote:

badchad said:
I'm well aware.

THC on its own wont cure cancer (but it can help), it's mainly the Cannabinoids that do.

Fair enough.

If the additional cannabidiol in Sativex (or whatever other extracts are included in the product) cure cancer, then they'll know.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds