Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegrowin
addict
AHH! possible mono-nuclear mycelium cloned!
    #1200496 - 01/08/03 10:25 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i apologise about any misterminoligy in this post in advance.

ok, so i tell me if i got it right:

when spores sproute they have one nuclear. when another one nuclear mycelium meets another one nuclear mycelium they join forming a two nuclear mycelium.
now, what happns is that the cells keep reproducing 2-nuclear mycelium ? or is the meeting point of two 1-nuclear mycelium cells the place where a fruit is gonna grow?

and now for somthing less theoretical: if i multispored some millet, then took a random tissue and cloned it, will it neccecerily produce fruits? or may it be 1-nucleared and wont produce nothing?

whats the terminoligy for 1nuclear cells and 2nuclear cells?

a growin original

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

Re: AHH! possible mono-nuclear mycelium cloned! [Re: growin]
    #1200726 - 01/08/03 11:21 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

when spores sproute they have one nuclear. when another one nuclear mycelium meets another one nuclear mycelium they join forming a two nuclear mycelium.
now, what happns is that the cells keep reproducing 2-nuclear mycelium ? or is the meeting point of two 1-nuclear mycelium cells the place where a fruit is gonna grow?

well after compatable hyphae meet, touch, and join...the nuclei of the one hypha are transfered to the other...making one multi-nucliated cell...the process continues forming 'tissue'...or vegetative hyphae(not sure about actual name)....these cells later(under proper environmental condition and such) perform a type of sexual reproduction(not too clear on this myself) that form special solid structures...ie: hyphal knots which are early primordium and continue to pins to fruits.......

so i suppose that all growth is multinucianated cells that form from 2 compatible one nuclei hyphae.....

someone who is really in the know:
do i have this right??

to have a sample of a one nuclei cell you would have to be on the microscopic level and nab a newley germinated spore?

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

Anonymous

#1201520 - 01/08/03 03:17 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

A spore of heterothallic, tetrapolar fungi germinates into a hyphae that contains a single haploid nuclei per cell. This hyphae runs into another hyphae that has a single haploid nuclei that is a different haploid nuclei. They undergo plasmogomy(protoplast fusion/cytoplasmic fusion) to form a single hyphae cell that contains both haploid nuclei within. THIS IS THE DIKARYON CELL.

The dikaryon cell grows new cells that contain replicas of each nuclei within it. The two haploid nuceli act in a coordinated effort to grow mycelium.

At a point in time, when food is limited, and the environment becomes suitable, the mycelium has stored sufficient nutrients to begin to fruit. The terminal cells of the mycelium start to gather MULTIPLE NUCLEI and fruiting begins.

Within the basidia of the mature mushroom, the two haploid nuclei fuse(karyogomy) into a diploid nuclei that undergoes meiosis 1 and meiosis 2 to form four haploid nuclei that are a mixture(genetically) of the two donor haploid nuclei.

From spore to spore.

Anonymous

Re: AHH! possible mono-nuclear mycelium cloned! [Re: DazedSol]
    #1201579 - 01/08/03 03:28 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

If your spore solution is dilute enough, you can nab an entire colony of monkaryotic mycelium. Visible to the naked eye.

The chances of cloning a monokaryon from a Multispored jar of substrate is next to impossible. REALLLLLLL next to impossible.

Your chances of nabbing a non fruiting(false dikaryon) mycelium by cloning a strand from a multispore jar of substrate are better, but still probably uncommon.

Offlineviscid
dikaryon
I'm a teapot

Loc: the mycological center of...
    #1207139 - 01/10/03 12:33 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i am a dikaryon.
always have been, always will be.

--------------------
You do not know me.

You can't see me.

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: AHH! possible mono-nuclear mycelium cloned! [Re: viscid]
    #1207383 - 01/10/03 02:45 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary 

Ahh, ok i was having trouble deciphering that word  :crazy: but i found it .
learned somethin' new

http://www.yourdictionary.com/ahd/d/d0222500.html

Edited by deanofmean (01/10/03 05:02 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags