Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesilosighbin
this is the apocalypse
Male

Loc: isla vista baby!
Gauging ears
    #12004663 - 02/10/10 07:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

fucking hurts. good thing my gauges are sick as fuck though, black and white swirl colored tapers :yesnod:

--------------------

i am caustic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

Loc: ∞
Re: Gauging ears [Re: silosighbin]
    #12004730 - 02/10/10 07:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

hurts so good. your plugs sound pretty lame though.

--------------------
I close my eyes and seize it
I clench my fists and beat it
I light my torch and burn it
I am the beast I worship....

InvisibleCycleThoughts
Researcher
Male

Re: Gauging ears [Re: silosighbin]
    #12004747 - 02/10/10 07:31 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Gauging is stupid in my opinion.  Always thought so, even when I was young and watched those African's with bones through their noses and stuff.  I also don't really like ink either.  It's just something that is going to keep you from getting a job in the future, as fucked up as that is.  I was listening to the radio and some asshole actually said if his waiter has ink, he'll ask for another and if he doesn't get it, he'll leave.  I don't have any prejudice against those who choose this, although I do think it's something a lot of people will regret.  The truth is there's so many people out there who will judge you for it and it may limit your opportunities in the future.  At least you can hide ink, gauged ears are always in plain view.  The problem with discriminating against people with ink and gauges and such is that it's a choice and while I wouldn't shun someone for having them, I don't see a problem with those who do, because it's something chosen, as opposed to skin color and such, which you are born with.

OfflineDoritos
poor life choices
Male

Loc: bat country
Re: Gauging ears [Re: Olympus Mons]
    #12004750 - 02/10/10 07:32 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

What size are they foo?

--------------------

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

Re: Gauging ears [Re: CycleThoughts]
    #12004767 - 02/10/10 07:35 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Gauging is stupid in my opinion.  Always thought so, even when I was young and watched those African's with bones through their noses and stuff.  I also don't really like ink either.  It's just something that is going to keep you from getting a job in the future, as fucked up as that is.  I was listening to the radio and some asshole actually said if his waiter has ink, he'll ask for another and if he doesn't get it, he'll leave.  I don't have any prejudice against those who choose this, although I do think it's something a lot of people will regret.  The truth is there's so many people out there who will judge you for it and it may limit your opportunities in the future.  At least you can hide ink, gauged ears are always in plain view.  The problem with discriminating against people with ink and gauges and such is that it's a choice and while I wouldn't shun someone for having them, I don't see a problem with those who do, because it's something chosen, as opposed to skin color and such, which you are born with.

That's why you work for yourself so you don't have to put up with such bullshit :shrug:

OfflineCascadian
Feel like a Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cascadia
Re: Gauging ears [Re: Chubba]
    #12004799 - 02/10/10 07:41 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

aww sweet dood

:whatwhat:

InvisibleCycleThoughts
Researcher
Male

#12004816 - 02/10/10 07:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Chubba said:

That's why you work for yourself so you don't have to put up with such bullshit :shrug:

I hear ya, but that's easier said than done.  And then you have to worry about dealing with your customers.

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Gauging ears [Re: Cascadian]
    #12004831 - 02/10/10 07:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

:eek:

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

#12004835 - 02/10/10 07:46 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I hear ya, but that's easier said than done.  And then you have to worry about dealing with your customers.

Then you farm and everythings sweet :feelsgoodman:

OfflineDoritos
poor life choices
Male

#12004854 - 02/10/10 07:49 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cascadian said:

aww sweet dood

I was wondering how cool short/no hair with long sideburns looked liked. I'm definitley aiming for this. Maybe I'll get piercings too.

--------------------

Offlinelost in Ummagumma
Thinker of Thoughts
Female

#12004876 - 02/10/10 07:52 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I used to have gauged ears when i was like 16/17.
Got sick of the upkeep though and earrings falling out and having
to re stretch, got to be a pain in the ass.
Plus all the mosh pits and dance floors i was always raging on
made it dangerous to have huge holes in my ears just waiting to
get yanked on, which they did, alot.

--------------------

Synchronicity is an ever present reality
for those who have eyes to see.

Meditation is the dissolution of thoughts in Eternal awareness or Pure consciousness
without objectification, knowing without thinking, merging finitude in infinity.

InvisibleCycleThoughts
Researcher
Male

#12004885 - 02/10/10 07:54 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Chubba said:
Quote:

Then you farm and everythings sweet :feelsgoodman:

You would have to own some land, wouldn't you?

I don't know, when I see people like the guy in the picture, I just think they're trying WAY too hard.  I believe in the freedom to be yourself, but with shit like this, it tends to be quite trendy, in a non-conformist, conformist way.

OfflineDoritos
poor life choices
Male

#12004921 - 02/10/10 08:00 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Everything seems trendy for a while. I can assure you that by summer no one is going to want to look like him anymore. As soon as a new genre of music or a dance becomes popular through the Internet that's the look people are going to want.

--------------------

InvisibleCycleThoughts
Researcher
Male

Re: Gauging ears [Re: Doritos]
    #12004933 - 02/10/10 08:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Doritos said:
Everything seems trendy for a while. I can assure you that by summer no one is going to want to look like him anymore. As soon as a new genre of music or a dance becomes popular through the Internet that's the look people are going to want.

I've been dressing like Lady Gaga lately.  Now that's fashion that isn't going away anytime soon.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#12004938 - 02/10/10 08:02 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CycleThoughts said:
I don't know, when I see people like the guy in the picture, I just think they're trying WAY too hard.

I agree. 

Usually if I want someone to know how much of an "individual" I am, and how "unique" my views are, I approach them and start a conversation.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
    #12004948 - 02/10/10 08:03 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CycleThoughts said:
Gauging is stupid in my opinion.  Always thought so, even when I was young and watched those Africans with bones through their noses and stuff.  I also don't really like ink either.  It's just something that is going to keep you from getting a job in the future, as fucked up as that is.  I was listening to the radio and some asshole actually said if his waiter has ink, he'll ask for another and if he doesn't get it, he'll leave.  I don't have any prejudice against those who choose this, although I do think it's something a lot of people will regret.  The truth is there's so many people out there who will judge you for it and it may limit your opportunities in the future.  At least you can hide ink, gaged ears are always in plain view.  The problem with discriminating against people with ink and gages and such is that it's a choice and while I wouldn't shun someone for having them, I don't see a problem with those who do, because it's something chosen, as opposed to skin color and such, which you are born with.

I agree completely. It limits what you can do.It is a nonconforming/conformist thing to do.It is like the pseudo hippy stuff that people wear now.I chose the preppy look for reasons that are obvious.It is timeless and people always think you are straight laced.Jimmy Hendrix on the inside, and Clark Kent on the outside. Sad but it is true we have to conform to some degree depending on what you want out of life. I knew this at 14.

On the other hand if you are independantly wealthy and have unlimited money,go for it.

--------------------

OfflineDoritos
poor life choices
Male

#12004970 - 02/10/10 08:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CycleThoughts said:
Quote:

Doritos said:

I've been dressing like Lady Gaga lately.  Now that's fashion that isn't going away anytime soon.

her style of dressing won't be trendy, but eventually some other lady will become famous and she'll be way crazier than her and everyone will just forget about lady gaga.

--------------------

InvisibleCycleThoughts
Researcher
Male

Re: Gauging ears [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #12004972 - 02/10/10 08:07 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Huey Lewis - Hip to be Square

Offlineclaraclairvoyant
well oiled machine
 User Gallery

#12005429 - 02/10/10 09:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cascadian said:

aww sweet dood

AM I PRETTY NOW MUUUMMY??? AM I PRETTY NOW??

--------------------

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Gauging ears [Re: Doritos]
    #12008324 - 02/11/10 10:53 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Doritos said:
Quote:

CycleThoughts said:
Quote:

Doritos said:

her style of dressing won't be trendy, but eventually some other lady will become famous and she'll be way crazier than her and everyone will just forget about lady gaga.

See Dale Bozzio from Missing Persons an 80's band.Lady G probably got some ideas from her it seems.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=dale+bozzio&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g2

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]