Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

The Beauty of the Psychedelic Experience
    #11893113 - 01/24/10 06:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Where the fuck has it gone?

I saw a 6+ page post about a kid who PLANNED on doing a psychedelic (still hasn't) yet when people write about their experiences here they get much less replies.

I always see tons of posts about questions "HOw much do I dose? Is this tek working right? Should I dose? What is a good vendor? Good music for tripping?" etc, yet none of them really spend much time appreciating the experience.

And if anyone gets the balls to write up one of their trip reports, only a few will read and even fewer will reply. And most of the times the replies are like "Glad you enjoyed it! Yeah, mushrooms are cool."

We all appreciate our own experiences, but why can't we appreciate the experiences of others?

One of the more active topics right now is about that MDA synthesis that makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE yet there's tons of posts in there.

Why is it a kid who doesn't even do psychedelics can rack up a 6-page topic and someone like me or you who writes about our experience gets a few replies?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: The Beauty of the Psychedelic Experience [Re: Angel_Above]
    #11893133 - 01/24/10 06:08 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Jealousy? :shrug: I have no idea really, but you're absolutely right. I love reading trip reports, but only when they sound realistic and not like they came from a 12 year old.

OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: The Beauty of the Psychedelic Experience [Re: nooneman]
    #11893161 - 01/24/10 06:12 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Right?

I stopped writing trip reports cause I felt like no-one really read them.
Id get a few replys, but there are SO many people on this site, and only an average of 2 reply's?
Thats odd..

--------------------

Let your imagination fill in the blanks.
Weed, Salvia, DXM, MDMA, Speed, Azures, Cubes, Nitrous, DMT, LSD /, Peyote, Ayahuasca

OfflineROX
Traveling...
Male

Loc: Croatia
Re: The Beauty of the Psychedelic Experience [Re: nooneman]
    #11893180 - 01/24/10 06:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I love reading GOOD and INTERESTING trip reports. But I'm more often disappointed than not when I open up a trip report topic, because far too many times it's "I took a drug and then felt a body high, saw cool red green fractal images, the trees melted and the road signs talked to me, then I puked, watched the green sky and got sober"

Far too many trip reports focus on the observable symptoms like hallucinations and too little focus on the mental thought processes, feelings, and the MEANING of the experience.

Hell when I open a DMT trip report topic I want chills coming down my spine from reading the report, not reading about non breakthrough "it was cool, there were mandala shaped colors, I'll do it again" experiences.

--------------------
~~Goa and psychedelic trance, psychedelic chillout mixes >>> http://www.rox-unreal.net/ <<<

Edited by ROX (01/24/10 06:15 PM)

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: The Beauty of the Psychedelic Experience [Re: ROX]
    #11893223 - 01/24/10 06:18 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well not everyone is the most intellectual writer (me included).

That's my personal reason for not writing trip reports anymore, is that I can only explain it on a simple level, yet the most bizarre aspects of the experience leave me speechless; as if I'm unable to muster up some words to do the experience justice.

I'm not the smartest guy in the world, I rarely feel I'm speaking intelligently, but still, if I write a report or post a question or a thought, I'd like more replies than some of these posts are getting.

Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
Re: The Beauty of the Psychedelic Experience [Re: ROX]
    #11893341 - 01/24/10 06:30 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

First of all, there just isn't a lot to say in a reply to a trip report. You can either call them retarded for something they did or claimed they did, congratulate them or try to relate to the experience by responding with your own trip report. Its time consuming to write a trip report, so most people just go, "Mushrooms rock! :mushroom2:"

Secondly, trip reports are generally badly written and boring. Most people suck at writing and like ROX said, they focus on idiotic shit like visuals. If you trip just to see stuff move, more power to you, but its insanely boring to read about how much the wall was wiggling and how there was a blue and red fractal on your carpet. If someone starts reading a trip report and it sucks, they are going to stop reading it a definitely not reply. If they actually bother to read through it, they probably won't feel like writing an interesting reply.

Finally, even if a trip report is really well written and goes deeper than "OMG SHIT WAS MOVING!!?! :methisgood:" its still not really all that interesting. The best part of the psychedelic experience is that YOU experience it, you don't hear about it or see it, you experience it. Sometimes reading a trip report can be fun, but even the really profound ones generally have the same overall theme. Ego death/ego loss, that kind of stuff is all really interesting, but it is pretty much the same every time it happens. If you've read 5 ego death trip reports, you've read them all. Basically, the general themes of most trips are the same so if you've read a few trip reports, it starts to feel like you're reading the same stuff over and over.

I'm much more interested in giving a newbie some good advice on tripping or learning a tek than I am in reading a report that probably isn't all that different from others I've read. I usually write trip reports so I can read them later and jog my memory.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

Offlinelibertyshroom
Turn up the silence

Loc: Inside of Emptyness
Re: The Beauty of the Psychedelic Experience [Re: teeter]
    #11893373 - 01/24/10 06:33 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

one question, why do you write trip reports for replys? Shouldn't you write them to reflect on the trip more and so others can read about your experiences, whether they reply or not?

--------------------

"Trip to heave and ho, up down, to and fro"

We have been to the moon, we have charted the depths of the ocean and the heart of the atom, but we have a fear of looking inward to ourselves because we sense that is where all the contradictions flow together.
    -Terrence McKenna           

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: The Beauty of the Psychedelic Experience [Re: libertyshroom]
    #11893436 - 01/24/10 06:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I suppose I see it now. No matter the level of intelligence one has, they can never truly understand another person's experience.

I don' write trip reports for anyone but me, but occassionally I'll write one up here to see if I get replies. Though usually it's a lame reply.

InvisibleFrenchMachine

. [Re: Angel_Above]
    #11893957 - 01/24/10 07:37 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by FrenchMachine (02/18/10 10:21 PM)

OfflineFreedom
Pigment of your imagination
Male User Gallery

Re: The Beauty of the Psychedelic Experience [Re: FrenchMachine]
    #11895023 - 01/24/10 10:17 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

It seems that even the observant introspective people who write well don't talk about their experiences because its too personal.

InvisibleScudreloaded
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: The Beauty of the Psychedelic Experience [Re: Freedom]
    #11895119 - 01/24/10 10:30 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i write my trip reports because one day i would like to write a  book about my entheogenic journeys. these are tools we must respect and usse cautously, not abuse like some people make them out to be.
i dunno.. i'll still write my trip reports weather or not someone reads them or not. its more about i finally logged my thoughts of the night

--------------------
We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. - Hunter S. Thompson

- believe what you may but take the internet with a grain of salt

OfflineMykologist
Often too lazy to post...
Male

Loc: I'm still here...
Re: The Beauty of the Psychedelic Experience [Re: Freedom]
    #11895177 - 01/24/10 10:39 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Freedom said:
It seems that even the observant introspective people who write well don't talk about their experiences because its too personal.

I've written some reports, submitted some reports to erowid, etc. In fact, I just got finished making a post about yesterday, when I tripped while skiing. I only got one reply, and honestly, I wasn't expecting everyone to be interested.

Mostly, I read trip reports to learn about the effects of a particular drug. I used to read all about mushroom reports back in the day, but now they bore me both because I have a hard time relating to what most people post, and because I've tried mushrooms so many times. Sure, there are similarities between our experiences, but I feel they're mostly physical, and whatever subjective similarities we find, we all interpret in TOTALLY different ways.

I've noticed whenever I explain a psychedelic experience now, I stick to the very basic objective aspects of the trip: "body load, anxiety, blah blah blah;" how am I ever going to truly express what I mean when I say: "I saw my soul depicted as a verdant, fertile ," or "I realized I could just 'be', and even when I'm back to reality, I could just 'be' in perfect harmony as I am now..."

It would never mean anything to anyone because it's no intangible. I'd have to give you an extensive run-down of my entire life. emotional, physical, spiritual...and even then, we all interpret what happens to us differently, so how could we possibly fully understand what happens to someone else? It's part of the reason I really disagree with trying to "convince someone" of our own psychedelic experiences; we are the ONLY ONE'S who can interpret our own experiences. Don't give me this "all of life is energy" bullshit, I'll figure out what I have to learn from my own experiences, thank you very much....I don't need a lesson based on your own experience.

Still, it's interesting to read up on what some people have tried, get ideas, and gain insight from others' experiences, but that's all we can do. We can't define or explain an aspect of ourselves from someone else's lesson; we can only gain another perspective on our situation.
:2cents:
Myk

--------------------

Where would you rather be?

OfflineNoxNoctum
Stranger
Re: The Beauty of the Psychedelic Experience [Re: Mykologist]
    #11895348 - 01/24/10 11:03 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I just have trouble putting it into words. My last trip especially was just indescribable.

InvisibleDynoo
-
 User Gallery

Loc: - Flag
Re: The Beauty of the Psychedelic Experience [Re: NoxNoctum]
    #11895411 - 01/24/10 11:11 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I've read so many trip reports on erowid over the years that they all kind of sound the same to me. :shrug:

--------------------
-

InvisibleFrenchMachine

. [Re: Dynoo]
    #11895524 - 01/24/10 11:24 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by FrenchMachine (02/18/10 10:35 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies