Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
This was very bad - any thoughts?
    #1182803 - 01/01/03 09:34 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Well, almost checked out last night!!!! I did only 2 or so grams of shrooms, B+, which I'd been doing recently with satisfying results. I went over a friends, heretofore to be known as the crisis management team, took the shrooms with everyone, two doing a little less and one a little more than me, we had some dinner (we all ate the same food), a little champagne (I wonder if this was a catalyst for what happened in me, but no one else was effected like this) and after not too long, without any of the body load at all which I usually experience, I started getting off - quickly. Within ten minutes I went from nothing to seriously tripping, which was nice, great visuals (the carpet on the floor was a psychedelic carnival, major colors and patterns, way more than you'd expect off of that dose, things even emerging and castling little shadows and all that, really cool). This state of mind lasted for only fiftenn minutes or so, and then I lost consciousness!!! As it was explained to me, I had what appeared to be a seizure that reminded the one guy of seeing a relative having a heart attack!!!! I wasn't breathing and was turning very red in the face, my one leg was kisking uncontrollably, and my toungue was flicking about - he said it looked just like in The Exorcist!!! When I was revived out of this, I felt very very bad, and needed to get outside for air and to cool off (it was probably around freezing out, but felt just ok to me). I knew I had to remain focused and not let myself slip away mentally (I couldn't really look at directly anything for more than a few seconds or i'd just start fading away into somewhere a little too distant), and tried to remain in the flow of things socially and tried to keep a conversation going just to keep my head above water, so to speak. Then I experienced what felt like an acute rush of toxicity rise in me, and I thought that I might really just die then and there. They tried to get me up and walking, but I suddenly gushed sweat like all the moisture in me was just being expelled in one shot!!! Maybe my system was reacting to a toxic event or something, and trying to expell toxins, I don't know. I felt worse than I can hardly even describe, but just wouldn't let myself slip away or pass out, which was a Herculian effort. We went back inside soon after, as I felt a bit better (relative statement, for sure) and felt somewhat flsuhed out of the worst of it. After not too long I started to feel bad again (which bummed me out, I thought I'd completely passed the crisis point), and the crisis management team (who did an outstanding job - especially while tripping themselves) decided I needed another walk. Throughout all this, both the team and myself were wondering if time would do the trick, or if medical attention would be necessary (I knew thet were thinking this, as I certainly was, but tried not too relate too much the severity of what I was experiencing, so as not to cause a panic - interesting though, on one hand I could maintain myself and communicate clearly and all, but was experiencing a personal hell at the same time). I went for one walk with one friend, which felt like it helped a little as long as I kept walking, and then another soon after, but was aware that this wasn't making a significant difference. Throughout I just maintained as much focus as I could on not losing consciousness or slipping away mentally, but also had little 'sidebars' with myself, considering the possibilty that I'd somehow poisoned myself, and things weren't going to get better, and that I might be wasting precious time not seeking medical attention, but also reasoned that, beside the obviously very bad situation to emerge from going to the hospital and the legal problems, that the doctors probably wouldn't have the slightest idea what to do anyway. These little 'sidebars' were me just thinking off to the side, as I didn't want my focus to shift towards concerns that would just drag me down emotionally and make things way worse. When we came back after the second walk, we went inside, and son afterwards I became very tired and just wanted to fall to slepp, but knew that probably wouldn't be a good idea, and it seemed like a bad force within was trying to get me to go to sleep that I had to battle. This went on for maybe three hours - and then it all just washed away within several minutes. I felt fine, wasn't tired, and was told that I'd clearly returned. Really, really scary, and reminiscent of a similiar, but less intense, experience from a decade ago or so, when doing shrooms I got up at a little get together to go to the kitchen, said I wasn't feeling too good, and passed out, with my lips turning purple immediately after.
Any ideas? I'm afraid I've got to swear off the shrooms, unfortunately, since I'd be foolish to chance having something like this happen again, especially being so unclear as to what may have cause it (and if I was alone at the time, I might not have been able to tough it out without support). I just can't see what may have caused my reaction, as compared everyone else who took the same shrooms, and ate and drank the same. Very weird, and truly harrowing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: This was very bad - any thoughts? [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1182869 - 01/01/03 10:36 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Have you been taking any medications? What was the source of the shrooms? Do you know they were clean, or did they come from a dealer? My guess is that you had an alergic reaction... or got something that wasn't just shrooms. What you describe almost sounds like a bad dxm trip, though the onset was too fast and the visuals were wrong for dxm. Unless the fruit was blended up and split, there is no way to know if you got a single bad fruit or two which would explain why nobody else was effected. How did you consume and how long before hand did you eat? Are you alergic to any antibiotics, such as pen? That would explain a lot, actually. Were you really not breathing, or was that the way the effect was seen by others that were tripping as well? Any MAOIs in your recent past? Glad to hear that you are still with us... be sure you give your team a kudo from me for keeping their heads in a rough situation. I have been there myself and know how hard it is to take care of somebody while tripping yourself and wondering how long to wait before going for help.

One final thought... when somebody stops breathing it is time to get them to the hospital regardless of the fallout.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineRageOholic67
    #1182871 - 01/01/03 10:37 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Here's what i'd tell you to try. Dont drink whatsoever when doing any shrooms. That could be the problem because mixing isnt usually a good idea. Second, try eating before you do the shrooms. Even tho this may reduce the effects, it may be easier on your stomach. Try smaller doses at each sitting. Or just eat 1 shroom and see what happens. Experiment a little bit, but dont take as much as you did when all that happened. You dont want to wind up in that situation again.

OfflineWildCardsRevenge
Grade Eh Meat
 User Gallery

#1182962 - 01/01/03 11:47 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i hate to be an ass, but for future reference if you write out long posts please break them up into paragrapghs or smaller chunks. Its dam near impossible to read a huge block of text like that

--------------------
--------------------------

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: This was very bad - any thoughts? [Re: RageOholic67]
    #1182975 - 01/01/03 11:58 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Though I have never mixed alcohol and shrooms, I know many that have with no ill effects. Two grams of B+ after fasting for two days with zero tolerance shouldn't have had that kind of effect. The effects described also sound more physical than mental... depressed breathing, loss of consciousness... this isn't somebody that had a bad trip, this is somebody that had an allergic reaction to something. Do a search on symptoms of allergic reactions to penicillin and you will see a lot of similarities.

--------------------

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Re: This was very bad - any thoughts? [Re: Seuss]
    #1182987 - 01/01/03 12:06 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Have you been taking any medications? - No
What was the source of the shrooms? I grew them myself, and had taken them from this a batch 4 times previously.
How did you consume and how long before hand did you eat? I hate the taaste, so I just mixed them in with what I was eating, carmelized onions with cranberries over wild rice.
I'm not allergic to anything I know of.
Were you really not breathing, or was that the way the effect was seen by others that were tripping as well? Apparently I wasn't breathing; the host wasn't going too much at that point, so was pretty cognicent of what was going on.
Any MAOIs in your recent past? Not that I'm aware of.

One final thought... when somebody stops breathing it is time to get them to the hospital regardless of the fallout. Can't argue much with that. Very scary, I was so glad to get home this morning and see my little dudes (dog and cats).

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Re: This was very bad - any thoughts? [Re: RageOholic67]
    #1182993 - 01/01/03 12:09 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I'm thinking that even what little i did drink may have been a catalyst for my reaction, for whatever reason - although nobody else had any problems. I really can't nail down the problem, 4 people doing the same thing, same food, same drink, but I was closer to death than I'd care to be again until it's time. I think I should just retire from shrooms, though, since I really don't even know what happened, and wouldn't want to risk it again, which sucks because I normally enjoy them alot.

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

#1182999 - 01/01/03 12:12 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

You're definately right, it was a bad physical reaction - fortunately I'm pretty strong of mind and was able to maintain my focus. It would have very easy to simply pass out at any moment, or lapse into paranoid fear. The intensity of the trip, too, was way more than what you get off of two grams, as if I'd taken an MAO inhibitor with it, and the quickness with which it set in was very unusual too. Strange.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #1183011 - 01/01/03 12:17 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I think I should just retire from shrooms, though, since I really don't even know what happened

I won't argue with you there... though I still think this sounds like an allergic reaction to something. It could have even been in the food you were eating rather than the shrooms. It could also be a sign of some other medical condition that the shrooms or alcohol brought out. It could also be a fluke ... sometimes people die for no apparent reason. It might not be a bad idea to have a physical done... you can mention to the doctor what happened and get a professional opinion. If you ever do change your mind, be sure to start slow and dose low. That kind of experience is sure to produce anxiety the next time out, if there is one.

--------------------

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

#1183019 - 01/01/03 12:21 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Hmmmm, actually an allergic reaction to something in the food would make sense, in that only I could be effected while everyone else was fine, although I didn't eat anything I've never had before. A physical might not be a bad idea, couldn't hurt just to see if anything obvious is festering. Really wish I knew, it's really pretty freaky. Just glad I wasn't by myself when it happened, I don't know that I could have weathered it without companionship and support.

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #1183043 - 01/01/03 12:31 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

This exact thing happened to a friend of mine on his first trip(He told us he had tripped before) so we had no problem giving him a rather large dose. 4-5g.

It was many hours into the trip when we were in the car and his whole body went very stiff. he legs were strait and i was unable to bend his arms or legs and I'm much bigger than him and would be able to do this normaly.. He was weazing but it did not seem like he was breathing. his eyes were rolling back and he scared the shit out of me(me being tripping at the time.) He was like this for 5 min iwas told.. it seemed like an hour to me. and the whole night after he had trouble walking and communicating with us..

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Re: This was very bad - any thoughts? [Re: Legoulash]
    #1183796 - 01/01/03 11:03 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, does sound kind of like what happened to me, some sort of weird reaction - I just wish I knew what exactly it was - very frighteneing!

OfflineCalimero
chronicheadache

Loc: Belgium
    #1183887 - 01/02/03 01:32 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

A friend of mine once collapsed and was trembling all over. (this happened after a normal come-up btw) But there was probably a lot of paranoia involved, being in a crowded club. (he insisted on going there) He didn't have any trouble breathing however.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #1184235 - 01/02/03 05:18 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The first time my ex-girlfriend turned on, she ended up taking care of me, the veteran! I broke out in the heaviest sweat I've ever experienced and soaked my clothes. At the same time, the CD player failed to open/close properly, which I mention [as weird as this might seem] because when I become very emotionally upset, electronics around me fail to operate properly or at all. The CD player repeated this 6 years later when my dog was dying; the garage door opener failed to work for three days as well. Some of the electronics in two different cars failed a few years apart when I almost lost my job, etc. This phenomena seems to be a bit like the Tibetan Yogic 'tummo,' or 'Inner Fire Yoga.' They become extremely hot - hot enough to melt a circle of snow in sub zero temperatures, and feel impervious to the cold. Physicians would just see erratic homeostatic mechanism in the sub-cortical part of your brain. However, they would check your blood pressure first and foremost.

Aside from medically inexplicable psychic 'indigestion,' you need to monitor your blood pressure before and during a trip. If you have elevated BP normally, then you had better see a physician about getting the right medication to control it. I had to, years ago. Mushrooms can seriously elevate BP, and to elevated already high BP can be catastrophic. You don't want a stroke - check your BP!

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Re: This was very bad - any thoughts? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1185314 - 01/02/03 12:35 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks, I may very well have experienced a significant increase in blood pressure, since I was told my face turned beet red as I was having the seizure. Traditionally, though, my blood pressure is actually a little on the low side! I really pumped out alot of sweat in one shot, though, and needed to get water in me. I just wonder if something i ate or drank worked in combination with the shrooms to do that to me, like cranberries + alcohol (even just a little) + shrooms = danger? I see alot of people have read this post, but I guess it eludes a good guess by most, it certainly baffles me.

OfflineHugh_Jass
pantydealer
Loc: Northern Ireland
    #1185556 - 01/02/03 02:44 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I read in anotherp ost somewhere recently, thats magic mushrooms deplete calcium, if someone was dangerously low on clacium what sort of reaction would they have?

Maybe the body high was just too intense? Have you ever had heart pallipuations before?

Sorry for my crappy spelling, it's a bit late.

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Re: This was very bad - any thoughts? [Re: Hugh_Jass]
    #1186220 - 01/03/03 12:51 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Actually, there wasn't really any body high, which was unusual, just a very quick blast off, fro nothing to level 3 in ten minutes!! Calcium depletion, interesting, I wonder if being low in any particular nutrient could trigger a reaction. I haven't had any haert problems before, no, and generally am in good health, at least as far as I know.

Offlinedjgiant
cut up music

Loc: abq,nm
    #1186222 - 01/03/03 12:54 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

thats one weird ass av yo

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: This was very bad - any thoughts? [Re: djgiant]
    #1186255 - 01/03/03 01:47 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i've seen the "fellows" in that av live a couple times.  :grin:

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Re: This was very bad - any thoughts? [Re: Bilge]
    #1189169 - 01/04/03 01:21 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I saw The Residents on their 13th anniversary tour in Trenton, NJ many years ago, right after the one eye was stolen (bastards).

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag