Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGAbigheadake
stranger thananyone I know

Loc: As far from reality as I ...
disposal of contaminated cakes
    #1180110 - 12/30/02 01:34 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I have read about it b4 but I wanted to get the shrromerys take on this debate my wife and I have going
I belive that if you have a contaminated cake it can still be used...
a couple bags of poop, one of peat and 1/2 bail of straw
mix it up well dig a hole and dump it in and when you get a contaminated cake toss it to the poop
if I understand what I have read there are natural bacteria in poop(cow dung) that fight off contamination plus the fact of total air exchange... if any fruits were produce they would be ok to consume right? I believe they would but.. i would like to hear some of your opinions
also what about feilds that are dry(not containing avtive cubies) just toss em in the field(assuming that they are partially colonized?
would that be wrong to mess with mother nature like that or would it be a kind gesture?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Re: disposal of contaminated cakes [Re: GAbigheadake]
    #1181906 - 12/31/02 01:14 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

When my cakes get contaminated, I begin an "outdoor" grow.  :wink:

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

#1181948 - 12/31/02 01:55 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I think you're on the right track. . .cakes are good substrate for contaminates and our friends. . .a pile of dung is better substrate for our friends.  So that even in the presence of contams, the dung will be preferentially colonized by the latter.

*if everything goes the way it should, that is :wink:  * 

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1182389 - 01/01/03 02:39 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Even though you may be correct, I am going to side with your wife on this one. Is your health really worth the risk? Even if the cake/dung thing works, you have to expose yourself to a contaminated cake at some point to get it into the dung. Err on the side of caution and chuck the jar, unopened, into the trash. If you really want to keep the jar, toss it into the PC for 30 minutes at 15psi first before you open it, and then dump the contents into the trash (outside) as soon as it has cooled.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds