Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
People who bum things..
    #11799869 - 01/10/10 01:50 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I hate em. I like to ride the bus. I have a car. I dont know why...i like the bus. Its like an adventure. Well im sure you know idiots ride the bus as well. By idiots I mean people with addictions. People with no money or a job. People who have been eaten up and spit out by society because of their inability to evolve/mold in a society in order to thrive. Now Im not saying you have to sacrifice any beliefs in order to survive in a society. But having the smarts to interact and have the best judgment to accomplish personal goals is a good thing to have....But thats another argument.

Every fuckin stop I get to "Hey do you got a smoke?" Why do people ask people they dont know for cigarettes? I say no...I dont smoke. Then I watch em walk around and ask everybody they come across the same question.

If you cant afford your habits...you should probably quit. This goes for all people. People call it an addiction. I call it a lack of self control/will power. Im not talking about smoking. Im talking about everything. Its everything you think you need. Learn to control yourself. I have no pitty for the weak minded.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Re: People who bum things.. [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #11799917 - 01/10/10 02:02 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I've had people who look well off ask me for cigarettes. Sometimes they just don't have any on them at the moment. Many of the times I've asked strangers for cigarettes and say thank you, they say it's ok, i've been there. I've also bought packs of cigarettes specifically to return the favor, literally giving away the entire thing to strangers.

Especially when beginning to quit, I tried not to smoke at all, but if something really stressful happened, yeah, I would ask somebody for a cigarette. I'm not a bum. I've given back to complete strangers more than I've taken. You might not know how giving a person who is having a bad day is.

So don't be a hater.

the only really bad thing about it is that the karmic aspect of it is tainted by the fact that cigarettes kill. Also, when i was going to school, the sharing of cigarettes was a very back and forth thing, and it never bothered anybody because it all balanced out. Also, cigarettes, though unfortunately unhealthy, are a good way to strike up a conversation with strangers.

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlinethe bizzle

Re: People who bum things.. [Re: the bizzle]
    #11799933 - 01/10/10 02:07 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

But I can say I have learned to tell the difference between somebody who contributes something back to the world, and somebody who is nothing but a total selfish leech.

I was at a festival, and some kid who looked more wealthy than me asked "does anybody have a dollar?" He said he had been up tripping all night and was hungry. I got a good vibe from him. I felt great about giving him one of my last two dollars, knowing very well that that dollar might be crucial to the adventurous day I was having. At the same festival, the local hobo who I always see asking people for money all the time, asked me for change, I refuse to give that guy a single penny, ever, because I know he has no desire to give anything back, ever, and I'm not even talking about money.

So there is a difference, at least to me

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlineiluvfungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA USA Flag
Re: People who bum things.. [Re: the bizzle] * 1
    #11799981 - 01/10/10 02:27 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Given that we should all work towards sharing everything and being as one, I'd say your statement just goes to show how selfish we all are. Back 200 years you could ask for neighbor for something. Today good luck. Given that people are segregated by income level in our society, you feel the need to claim superiority by bitching about how you hate to bum things and justify your superiority over the lesser then individuals of society you've established yourself above.

It's modern day society rad?

eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: People who bum things.. [Re: the bizzle]
    #11799998 - 01/10/10 02:33 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well Im not one to judge who is "worthy", and who isnt. The point is, is if you cant afford your habits whether they are addictions or not, you cant afford them. Dont rely on the courtesy of others to help you out.

Theres a difference in being offered help when you need it, and asking for help when you dont.

eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: People who bum things.. [Re: iluvfungi]
    #11800015 - 01/10/10 02:38 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

iluvfungi said:
Given that we should all work towards sharing everything and being as one, I'd say your statement just goes to show how selfish we all are. Back 200 years you could ask for neighbor for something. Today good luck. Given that people are segregated by income level in our society, you feel the need to claim superiority by bitching about how you hate to bum things and justify your superiority over the lesser then individuals of society you've established yourself above.

It's modern day society rad?

Are you serious?

Offlinethe bizzle

#11800018 - 01/10/10 02:39 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

fair enough

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlinenice1
Not the droid your looking for
 User Gallery

Loc: earth
    #11800238 - 01/10/10 04:37 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It can be annoying and it can be amusing to see bums but I have done it when I was younger.

I hate people begging unless they play an instrument then I think well at least they are trying to give something back. :shrug:

InvisibleRationalEgo
Principium Individuationis

Loc: Boston
    #11800242 - 01/10/10 04:41 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I_was_the_walrus said:
"Hey do you got a smoke?"

I always reply "Yes I do, thanks for askin" :smirk:

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male

Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
    #11800243 - 01/10/10 04:43 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

today for the first time in my life, i was offered a smoke by some random black guy.

and also

i bum things all the time and feel perfectly alright with it.

but in my case, i bum from my lazy good for nothing freinds who have bummed off of me for years.

in the end it evens out i guess.....

fuckin' bums man...

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
Re: People who bum things.. [Re: I_was_the_walrus] * 1
    #11800268 - 01/10/10 05:04 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

it seems strange to me that you're upset about people bumming cigs.  haven't all smokers bummed a cig at one point or another?  sometimes you just don't have one on you, but you could really use one.  i've been there.  i've also given out countless cigs.  i don't really see this as something to get worked up over.

bumming money as a career is a completely different story though.

--------------------

OfflineSimms
Fuckwit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in Europe
    #11800271 - 01/10/10 05:05 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I_was_the_walrus said:
I hate em. I like to ride the bus. I have a car. I dont know why...i like the bus. Its like an adventure. Well im sure you know idiots ride the bus as well. By idiots I mean people with addictions. People with no money or a job. People who have been eaten up and spit out by society because of their inability to evolve/mold in a society in order to thrive. Now Im not saying you have to sacrifice any beliefs in order to survive in a society. But having the smarts to interact and have the best judgment to accomplish personal goals is a good thing to have....But thats another argument.

Every fuckin stop I get to "Hey do you got a smoke?" Why do people ask people they dont know for cigarettes? I say no...I dont smoke. Then I watch em walk around and ask everybody they come across the same question.

If you cant afford your habits...you should probably quit. This goes for all people. People call it an addiction. I call it a lack of self control/will power. Im not talking about smoking. Im talking about everything. Its everything you think you need. Learn to control yourself. I have no pitty for the weak minded.

In East-Europe, in my neigbourhood, late at night someone asks for smoke, you have three choises: Get killed or your ass kicked, run away, punch him in the face and run away quick. But it all depends of in which direction you run, because they have people around the corner to take your things.

--------------------

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
Re: People who bum things.. [Re: Simms]
    #11800274 - 01/10/10 05:07 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

so if you give someone a smoke out of the kindness of your heart, they're going to mug you?

which eastern european country is this?  i would like to avoid it.

--------------------

InvisibleLobsterSauceDiscord
 User Gallery

Re: People who bum things.. [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #11800280 - 01/10/10 05:12 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I bum ALL my cigarettes off of friends.

But... they are always for joints and people are more than willing to help the good cause.

Win for everyone. I get the fag and we get stoned. Everyone's happy.

--------------------

Offlineefrog
Ecstatic,Electric,Eclectic
Female User Gallery

Loc: Near the River... Flag
Re: People who bum things.. [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #11800392 - 01/10/10 06:23 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I don't mind when people ask me for a cigarette.

However, what fucks me off to no end is when I am walking down the street in town with my 3 (!!) Ckids who are 3 and 2 (twin boys, 3 and little girl, 2) 2 boys walking and R in a stroller and I get hit up all the way down the street every half block for "spare change" or "a few bob" and I am thinking to myself: Can't you see I am walking down here, with THREE kids, an old coat and old handbag - and hell no I haven't any spare change because I HAVE THREE KIDS to support, dammit!

I work every night and miss dinner with my kids and putting them to bed so I can pay for our shit and I get really pissed off when people who are able-bodied grown men are bumming money off me when I am supporting a family of 5 (five!!) singlefuckinghandedly!

We're not shit broke or anything (OK today we are lol, got like £35 till Thursday) but a 3 bedroom house and 3 kids and a husband in Uni ain't cheap.

Then they look at you like you're some bitch who cannot see their plight, when in reality, we are only avoiding that same plight through hard work and the fact that no, we haven't any *spare* change because we need all the change we have to buy useless crap like MILK.

Seriously, we have a jar in the kitchen, that says "Booze Money" on it, and in there, goes our spare change for a mad morning milk dash.

Makes me want to kick 'em in the nose with my 10 year old docs and steal their brand spankin' new nikes to sell on ebay.  :kingcrankey:

--------------------
This is a whole new path. You cannot use your old map on this new path and if you try you'll only end up lost in the woods. Get a new map.

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: People who bum things.. [Re: efrog]
    #11800442 - 01/10/10 06:56 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

efrog said:

and hell no I haven't any spare change because I HAVE THREE KIDS to support, dammit!

I work every night and miss dinner with my kids and putting them to bed so I can pay for our shit and I get really pissed off when people who are able-bodied grown men are bumming money off me when I am supporting a family of 5 (five!!) singlefuckinghandedly!

we are only avoiding that same plight through hard work and the fact that no, we haven't any *spare* change because we need all the change we have to buy useless crap like MILK.

Seriously, we have a jar in the kitchen, that says "Booze Money" on it, and in there, goes our spare change for a mad morning milk dash.

Makes me want to kick 'em in the nose with my 10 year old docs and steal their brand spankin' new nikes to sell on ebay.  :kingcrankey:

:congrats::heart::congrats::heart::congrats: . . . :peace: Nice Post !!!

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Invisibledutchmushroom
mushroom invader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Outer Space
Re: People who bum things.. [Re: vinsue]
    #11800479 - 01/10/10 07:16 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I have bummed many a cig, and given many many out, every smoker has been there.

--------------------
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand says: don't you see? Gotta make it some how, on the dreams you still believe, Don't give it up, you've got an empty cup, only love can fill, only love can fill" < Grateful Dead!

The bus came by and I got on, and thats when it all began

GROWLIGHT KIT, 250w HPS Digital ballast, + Enhanced Spectrum bulb and Reflector Sale Or Trade!

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: People who bum things.. [Re: dutchmushroom]
    #11801123 - 01/10/10 10:46 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Back when I was buying packs I would give a ciggy to someone if they asked with the expectation that if I ever ran out I could bum one from someone else.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinemufasa
guerilla grower

Loc: Flag
Re: People who bum things.. [Re: efrog]
    #11801245 - 01/10/10 11:10 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

efrog said:
I don't mind when people ask me for a cigarette.

However, what fucks me off to no end is when I am walking down the street in town with my 3 (!!) Ckids who are 3 and 2 (twin boys, 3 and little girl, 2) 2 boys walking and R in a stroller and I get hit up all the way down the street every half block for "spare change" or "a few bob" and I am thinking to myself: Can't you see I am walking down here, with THREE kids, an old coat and old handbag - and hell no I haven't any spare change because I HAVE THREE KIDS to support, dammit!

We're not shit broke or anything (OK today we are lol, got like £35 till Thursday) but a 3 bedroom house and 3 kids and a husband in Uni ain't cheap.

Then they look at you like you're some bitch who cannot see their plight, when in reality, we are only avoiding that same plight through hard work and the fact that no, we haven't any *spare* change because we need all the change we have to buy useless crap like MILK.

PREACH

--------------------

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
    #11801287 - 01/10/10 11:18 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Sometimes I ask for a cigarette because I want to make small talk with a person/persons.  Very easy way to appraoch people at shows, and I usually provide some entertaining laughs for the smoke, or could always smoke some green with ya.

I just don't really buy cigarettes, and if I do I will readily smoke them all the time.  If I don't I will only ask for one when I feel socially uncomfortable, and it usually eases me right into conversation. 

I hope that doesn't make me a bad person. :frown:

I never ask people with kids for anything either.......they're psychotic.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale