Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebootlegapparel
Male User Gallery

Loc: NSW Australia
Mushrooms improve memory?
    #11774948 - 01/06/10 05:08 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

All through my life throughout my childhood and now I'm in my 20s, I've had a terrible terrible memory, short term and long term, I never had any problems in school and do quite well at uni, I'm talking about remembering peoples facings, events that happen, names, what I've done throughout the day, what happened last month, last week, yesterday, my mind is like a big black hole normally.
But ever since I've been taking mushrooms since about 2 months ago, my memory has been hugely improved, it's not that I can remember day to day things now, but my long term memory has been improved. Kinda like everything was locked up in a vault that I couldn't access before, and mushrooms where the key. Especially on trips i remember things I thought i had completely lost, mundane things from throughout my life, and I retain those memories the next day, which I never could before mushrooms.

Anyone else experience this? Or know what's going on?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrimal Glitch
literally just vibing
Male User Gallery

Loc: 🌎 Flag
Re: Mushrooms improve memory? [Re: bootlegapparel]
    #11774955 - 01/06/10 05:17 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yes, I believe long term memory is improved by shrooms too

--------------------

make the changa you wish to see in the world
                                                                gnome sayin'?

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #11774997 - 01/06/10 05:43 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

your focus on things in live might have changed (possibly due to different priorities/interests) but your memory can't change. it is the way it is. this is a fact. You might use it more efficiently now maybe. But it isn't because of the shrooms. Maybe you resolved some issues, became less restless and thus your attention has more space to focus on more important things now.

Offlinebootlegapparel
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms improve memory? [Re: stefan]
    #11775011 - 01/06/10 05:51 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I don't believe so, because the things that I have been remembering are very mundane and not terribly interesting, they're not major events in my life just some things from my childhood, what places looked like, I can actually completely see my entire high school and primary school now which I never could before, I don't believe that my memories have changed, just that things have been "unlocked" that I couldn't get to before, I doubt I was repressing memories about the layout of my schools too, so yeah i dunno, just wanted to see if anyone else had a shit memory before and had the same effects?
To be honest I really don't understand it or have an explanation why they would help?

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #11775164 - 01/06/10 07:26 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

whan you start thinking of things more a lot of stuff you 'forgot' can come back. A lot of stuff is in there :thumbup:

Offlinebootlegapparel
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms improve memory? [Re: stefan]
    #11775205 - 01/06/10 07:48 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

oh yeah for sure, i've just never been able to access it no matter how hard i've tried, it's pretty incredible how many memories your brain can have

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #11777302 - 01/06/10 02:58 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Especially on trips i remember things I thought i had completely lost, mundane things from throughout my life, and I retain those memories the next day, which I never could before mushrooms.

Absolutely - a major benefit.  Especially memories of trips, awesome effect.

@stefan:
Quote:

but your memory can't change. it is the way it is. this is a fact

No, actually that's completely wrong.

Memory works, according to research, in such a way that every time you remember something, you have the opportunity to change it - strengthen the memory, change it, or dilute it.  And you do this all the time.

Anybody who's spent any time doing inner work while tripping knows the difference it makes.  You can completely resolve things from the past that you didn't even realize were still messing you up.

Peace
-PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms improve memory? [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #11777432 - 01/06/10 03:25 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I have had moments when tripping where I felt like I remembered something I had completely forgotten before. In fact this happens all the time when I am tripping.

No memory is ever erased from your head (unless brain damage takes place?) so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to find deep memories that you had long ago forgotten.

I don't know if youre memory would start to get better after the trip tho. I think I may have heard Tim Leary say something like "LSD has three side effects. One is decreased short term memory. Enhanced long term memory. And i forget the third". Now I don't remember where I read or saw Tim say that but I am pretty sure he did. Or at least SOMEONE did.

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

OfflineHorsewithnoname
I can't remember my name
Male

Loc: In the desert
Re: Mushrooms improve memory? [Re: clemens]
    #11778227 - 01/06/10 05:16 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Recently during a trip a felt that shrooms mess with memory. I have a theory that they affect the connections made in your brain so your body starts working in gaining them back and they probably get arranged in different ways.

I say this because I was tripping on shrooms some days ago and had an experience where I forgot every customs from my culture for some time of the trip. I didn't remember what partying was or what going to mass was. Everything that we do normally felt new to me. Also during the trip I visited places where I played when I was little and somehow those memories came back more vivid than ever before.

So I don't know if shrooms really help in improving your memory but they sure mess with your brain.....

.....and it is awesome. :thumbup:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms improve memory? [Re: Horsewithnoname]
    #11779322 - 01/06/10 07:46 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Magic mushrooms and DMT-based entheogens all seem to have great healing potential; I've definitely noticed improvements in memory recall after use.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies