Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBrainslugg
New B
Male

LC Experiment
    #11762926 - 01/04/10 02:32 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I have to imagine that someone has tried this before, i just tried this for shits and giggles. There is some explanation befor ei talk about the experiment (although this next part was one in itself, for me at least)

On 12/31 11:30 pm i had 1/2 pint (which had been sterilized) with 2 spore prints on the bottom (both from chitwan nepal strain) and earlier in the night i deciced to make it into an LC. I put 2 cups of water and a TBSP karo in a quart and PC'ed it for 12 mins in the normal fashion and allowed to cool. so at 11:30 i sprayed some lysol and waited a few mins. Then cracked open the karo mix and poured it into the half pint (having just moved the tyvek to the side, gently dumping the caps out) and recoverd with the tyvek and swirled it around real good for 30 secs (being careful not to get the tyvek wet), and poured it back into the  quart. Then i again swirled like a madman, and then poured half into the 1/2 pint, repalced the tyvek, and incubated both.
Fast forward to now (1/4 3:30 am) i checked both and the quart had really nice growth throughout the jar (not a solid mass but more than a lc that i injected with 2 ccs of spores and incubated for 10 days. The 1/2 pint has mycelium growth (i hope) that looks like sheets of plastic (i am thinking becasue i didnt shake them at all they formed liek that on the prints). They are eally cool looking and i will post pics later on if this goes well.

*******HERE IS THE REAL EXPERIMENT*********
The quart had exactly 3/4 cup and i had exactly 3/4 cup of BRF left in my bag so mixed up 3 jars worth of verm and BRF, put in a tuperware container and poured in the 3/4 cup of LC from the quart jar, put the lid on and threw it in the incubator. No microwaving or pressure cooking except the to prepare the LC.
Just tried this because i now have more LC than i really need at the moment. Also i found a cool supplier that doesnt order BRF but is gonna send me to his supplier using his info (he supplier will ship order to non-companies but wont allow pick ups... stupid right? why do i have to pay shipping just casue i don't have a company?) I added this just to say to other newbies like me "a closed mouth doesnt get fed" and also if u dont see results u might have to tell a few people the problems ur having and eventually someone will be sympathetic and willing to help you out. just like everyone here (mostly)

--------------------
Jay  "Hey, I'll make you a deal - this guy *points to Silent Bob* will suck your dick off if you let us go."
Security Guard Gordon  "Contrary to what you believe, not everyone in Hollywood is a homosexual."
Jay  "How about this deal... he'll suck my dick while you watch and jerk off."
Security Guard Gordon  "Alright. Make it fast... and sexy."
Jay [to Silent Bob]  "It's either this or jail. And you know what they do to you in jail."
Security Guard Gordon *nods*  "I was a guard. Alright, and after it's all over, you say "Ooh, what a lovely tea party."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LC Experiment [Re: Brainslugg]
    #11762949 - 01/04/10 02:45 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I could imagine, that because you actually used whole prints for LC, that there's PLENTY of sub strains competing for nutrients within your BRF/Verm mix, making it colonizing slower than necessary.

However, that's not the important part of what you wrote!
Although it's likely to rot away, I think you just did the right thing: Try something new!

This is where the knowledge comes from.:thumbup:

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: LC Experiment [Re: Fahkface]
    #11763495 - 01/04/10 07:29 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

^^^ agreed.

As to this:
Quote:

upplier will ship order to non-companies but wont allow pick ups... stupid right? why do i have to pay shipping just casue i don't have a company?

Lots of reasons. Liability, for one. If you come into their business, they need to have insurance in case you sue them.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflineBrainslugg
New B
Male

Update [Re: Brainslugg]
    #11787643 - 01/08/10 01:46 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

No visible change yet... will post another update in a few days or a week when there is a clear success or fail.

OfflineBrainslugg
New B
Male

Update [Re: Brainslugg]
    #11823245 - 01/13/10 04:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well it was a failure. No growth that could be see. when i cracked the lid there was a sourish smell. I tossed the container. If i have an abundance again and i fear it will go bad i will try a similar experiment, but microwave the container in intervals (to give it a  better chance) and use less LC

--------------------
Jay  "Hey, I'll make you a deal - this guy *points to Silent Bob* will suck your dick off if you let us go."
Security Guard Gordon  "Contrary to what you believe, not everyone in Hollywood is a homosexual."
Jay  "How about this deal... he'll suck my dick while you watch and jerk off."
Security Guard Gordon  "Alright. Make it fast... and sexy."
Jay [to Silent Bob]  "It's either this or jail. And you know what they do to you in jail."
Security Guard Gordon *nods*  "I was a guard. Alright, and after it's all over, you say "Ooh, what a lovely tea party."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag