Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewal0013
kabukiman
Male User Gallery

lazymans DMT extraction, best method or not?
    #11733725 - 12/28/09 07:31 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i came a cross this "lazimans DMT extraction tek" a while ago but seeing as it was so seemingly simple compared to the other extraction methods i couldn't help but wonder if there was anything wrong with it. (it can be found here http://wiki.dmt-nexus.com/Lazyman%27s_tek)
If you want to use more or less root bark fraction or multiply out everything specified in this tech for smaller or larger amounts:

1. Break a pound or 454 g of dried of Mimosa Hostilis root bark into small pieces so that no piece is longer than three inches allowing them to all nicely fit into the bottom of a large 5 liter mixing bowl with lots of extra room left over and set to the side.
  2. Prepare some basified water by fully dissolving 200 g (~13 measured tablespoons full) of NaOH powder into 2 L of tap water in a large measuring cup.
  3. Add the basified water you just made to the bowl of broken root bark, stir for a few minutes and set aside for two or more hours (longer is better).
  4. After soaking the root bark in high pH NaOH adjusted water (which is near a pH of 13.5 or more) for a couple of hours or more take a stainless steel potato masher and start mashing the broken root as best you can in the basified water for 20–30 minutes (longer is better).
  5. After you are done mashing the root bark for a few minutes (which will still be fairly hard if only soaking 2 hours) then add 250–400 mL of clean room temperature naphtha (more makes separation from the soup easier) and stir the solvent into the aqueous mix for 20–30 minutes (longer is better).
  6. After mixing the naphtha into the bowl pour as much of the solvent as you can easily get off of the top of the aqueous mix (naphtha floats on top in water as a distinct layer) into another container, leaving all of the dark soup behind which will be extracted over again later. Be sure not to allow any of the dark water or any of the bubbly emulsion which may have formed in the solvent to go out with it, you just want clear solvent now leaving everything else behind in the bowl.
      Note: If you have so much emulsion that the solvent is half filled with it wait a few minutes to an hour for it to settle out so you can get more of the solvent out.
  7. Take all of the clear naphtha without any water or bubbles in it you have carefully separated from the basified mix of water and root bark and pour all of it into as large a flat glass container you can find for evaporation. Using a fan to blow air across the top of the fluid will help speed the rate of evaporation several fold faster.
  8. After all of the naphtha has been evaporated you will find small white DMT bumps of extract stuck to the glass which can be scraped off with a flat blade. If you also see some shiny clear film on the glass it is best to wait until they completely solidify into a white deposit of DMT before scraping off together with the larger white clumps.

if i use this method instead of one of the methods requiring an acid is there any real difference in my end product or yield? i dont have much time because I'm studying and working so if this method is OK then i will be a lot easier for me

anyway just post what you reckon , Thanks XD

--------------------
Abuse of words has been the great instrument of sophistry and chicanery, of party, faction, and division of society.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesansa

Re: lazymans DMT extraction, best method or not? [Re: wal0013]
    #11736201 - 12/29/09 08:40 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I did that with powdered bark and my 1st extract was very brown, dirty and unsmokable. I've been doing a series of refreezes and recrystallizations to clean it up and it's looking better now although I haven't smoked it.

Apparently you can also do washes with ammonium hydroxide and/or sodium carbonate to whiten it up but I haven't tried those yet.

Some of the posts on this page have info about washes:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10089233/fpart/29

Edited by sansa (12/29/09 08:41 AM)

OfflineSerialDiscrepancy
Stranger

Re: lazymans DMT extraction, best method or not? [Re: sansa]
    #11736238 - 12/29/09 08:49 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

pm me and I will send link to "bad ass" extraction method which includes polar wash and epsom salt dry "with step by step pictures"

--------------------

Edited by SerialDiscrepancy (12/29/09 08:54 AM)

OfflinePsychedelicSpirit
Priest of Hathor
Male

Loc: Houston, Texas Flag
Re: lazymans DMT extraction, best method or not? [Re: wal0013]
    #11736303 - 12/29/09 09:14 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs.

OfflineSerialDiscrepancy
Stranger

Re: lazymans DMT extraction, best method or not? [Re: PsychedelicSpirit]
    #11736322 - 12/29/09 09:20 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

PsychedelicSpirit said:
http://forums.mycotopia.net/botanicals-cactus-misc-entheogens-psychedelics/58086-whatchas-easy-mhrb-stb-extraction-step-step-pictorial.html

Easiest extraction I've found so far.

thats the link i been sending out in pm,s....wasnt sure if you could post links to other forums or not

--------------------

Edited by SerialDiscrepancy (12/29/09 09:21 AM)

Offlinefloatingwater
இலைலைலைஇ

Re: lazymans DMT extraction, best method or not? [Re: SerialDiscrepancy]
    #11736329 - 12/29/09 09:23 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The lazyman's extraction is not that good. Please do some research and understand the process of what's going on in an extraction before you dive in. You'll end up with far superior product that you can actually smoke with out messing up your lungs.

Search for "STB Tek and Pictorial"

--------------------
================

OfflinePsychedelicSpirit
Priest of Hathor
Male

Loc: Houston, Texas Flag
Re: lazymans DMT extraction, best method or not? [Re: SerialDiscrepancy]
    #11736343 - 12/29/09 09:28 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It doesn't say anything about that in the board rules, so I don't think it's against the rules.  Guess I'll just leave it up for now.

--------------------
Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs.

Offlinedummy
I am you and what I see is me

Re: lazymans DMT extraction, best method or not? [Re: PsychedelicSpirit]
    #11736518 - 12/29/09 10:27 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i did stb once ended up with very white crystals that acted as a rocket ship.

--------------------
People never seem to know what they least suspect is coming next.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder