Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAhimsa
µdose
Male

The population issue
    #11691418 - 12/21/09 10:48 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Just to start this one off here's a graph representing the situation.

Any questions/answers or ideas in general are welcome.
I'm trying to establish an understanding as to the meaning of the population boom of the human organism on earth... any comparison to similar situations with other organisms is welcome. They may be on a micro-, meso- or macro-scale as you see fit.

Thanks in advance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehighdroponics Happy Birthday!
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: The population issue [Re: Ahimsa]
    #11691447 - 12/21/09 10:54 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

See the terrorists were just doing us a favor.:dumblol:

People need to stop having fucking kids. It's getting a little ridiculous.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: The population issue [Re: highdroponics]
    #11691461 - 12/21/09 10:57 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

highdroponics said:
See the terrorists were just doing us a favor.:dumblol:

People need to stop having fucking kids. It's getting a little ridiculous.

how did you get overpopulation from that graph?

--------------------

Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Re: The population issue [Re: learningtofly]
    #11691520 - 12/21/09 11:10 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I didn't, I just didn't realize there were actually 8-9 billion people in the world. I got the concept of overpopulation just by looking around. People are having kids all the time and most of them really don't know what they are getting into. Got a friend that wants 13 fucking kids and she doesn't even take care of the 3 she's got correctly. It sickens me.

The 300 million or so we have in the states is already wayyy too much, if I were in China I probably would have gone on a murdering spree by now with absolutely no regrets...the world needs population control before shit gets way too out of hand.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

#11691532 - 12/21/09 11:12 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

highdroponics said:
I didn't, I just didn't realize there were actually 8-9 billion people in the world. I got the concept of overpopulation just by looking around. People are having kids all the time and most of them really don't know what they are getting into. Got a friend that wants 13 fucking kids and she doesn't even take care of the 3 she's got correctly. It sickens me.

that isn't overpopulation, that's not being responsible. Having a kid and not wanting it isn't overpopulation. Overpopulation is too many humans for the earth to handle. See: Carrying capacity

--------------------

Invisiblesenya
Stranger
Re: The population issue *DELETED* [Re: Ahimsa]
    #11691632 - 12/21/09 11:25 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by senya

Reason for deletion: i didnt read the forum rules.

Edited by senya (12/21/09 12:37 PM)

Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

#11691639 - 12/21/09 11:26 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Oh no they want the kids, that's the problem people are having kids just to have them without even thinking about the responsibility it requires. The reason I bring this up is because this is the cause of overpopulation and that's how you deal with a problem you find it's roots and you deal with it.

But more on the subject, Earth actually can't handle us, we pollute it's ozone, we unleash the power of the sun on it's surface, and we destroy nature and build on top of it all just so we can live our happy little useless lives.

Humans are parasites and need to be dealt with accordingly in my opinion, we don't deserve life any more than any other creature.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: The population issue [Re: senya]
    #11691674 - 12/21/09 11:30 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I don't care what you think, fact is I agree with  you but there's no flaming in this forum. If you can't debate without a personal attack then get the fuck out of here.:thumbdown:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#11691690 - 12/21/09 11:33 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

learningtofly said:
Quote:

highdroponics said:

that isn't overpopulation, that's not being responsible. Having a kid and not wanting it isn't overpopulation. Overpopulation is too many humans for the earth to handle. See: Carrying capacity

I think over population has more meaning then just carrying capacity no matter what the dictionary sez. So it's going to be subjective for me based on my perception of quality of life.

--------------------

OfflineLucidReality
Gautama Bay
Male

Re: The population issue [Re: Icelander]
    #11691758 - 12/21/09 11:44 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It is true we have not reached our carrying capacity, but with the help of modern science we are slowly on our way to reaching it. I don't know why humans don't understand this idea of natural selection and adaptation. We have relied these natural processes for the history of mankind, but now science has made it possible to preserve our genetic fuckups and allow them to pass on their genes. No matter how "evil" it might sound, the weak must die and the strong live on to proliferate the race. What we have allowed is the ruining of our gene pool by not allowing nature to run its course. I'm do not advocate any human kill another human (I'm not talking genocide here), but when someone is born who should've died you are going against nature and allowing the weakening of our gene pool. And in today's age, people with the best genes are not reproducing like rabbits, it's the poor, uneducated and physically inept. And as a whole our genes are weakening by the horrible, preservative laden foods we eat the predispose our bodies to cancers unseen in indigenous peoples, and the synthetic drugs we are force feed in light of natural alternatives that have been made illegal. God bless America.

InvisibleBlackd0ve420
Peace Seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: ----------> Flag
Re: The population issue [Re: LucidReality]
    #11691763 - 12/21/09 11:45 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

In China the population is so high each family is legally only allowed 1 child.

--------------------
Just let it all go..
Laugh at the world and be free,
Then Just breathe, Just breathe...
*Blackdove*

Click for Catnip!
:peace: :nyan: :peace:

Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

#11691768 - 12/21/09 11:46 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

This guy speaks some truth!

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: The population issue [Re: Blackd0ve420]
    #11691806 - 12/21/09 11:52 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Blackd0ve420 said:
In China the population is so high each family is legally only allowed 1 child.

Which is why they're facing a population crisis and the government is relaxing this limitation and even actively campaigning for couples to have more children in some areas.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/11/AR2009121104378.html

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Re: The population issue [Re: fireworks_god]
    #11691833 - 12/21/09 11:57 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

There is no problem, population is self correcting.  Whether that correction be disease, famine, or our own genocide.  No one will make it, everybody is gonna die.  This planet is TOTALLY fucked.  Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but your life's history, and all of human history, will be forgotten, meaningless, useless, insignificant.

I hope you're having fun.

Edited by xFrockx (12/21/09 11:58 AM)

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

#11691845 - 12/21/09 11:59 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, you sound like a liberal hitler, but maybe you think about why the "weak people" are what they are.

Edited by xFrockx (12/21/09 12:00 PM)

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #11691846 - 12/21/09 11:59 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

highdroponics said:
But more on the subject, Earth actually can't handle us, we pollute it's ozone, we unleash the power of the sun on it's surface, and we destroy nature and build on top of it all just so we can live our happy little useless lives.

Did the Earth tell you that, personally?
Seriously, I am interested to know how exactly you managed to find out that the Earth can't handle us.
Also, you sound like we're not supposed to be here, and that we shouldn't build stuff, and live our lives exactly how we need and want. What gave you this impression?
It cracks me up when people say stuff like "we're not supposed to be here", "we're not supposed to do that", and other ridiculous claims, while they're still living, breathing and polluting themselves. Who says we're not supposed to do these things, and who says people even have to care about their environment?
Is a huge meteorite not supposed to hit planets, completely destroying them, just because it's going on it's "little useless" journey"?

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

#11691855 - 12/21/09 12:01 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Isn't the earth useless without us?  All the stupid animals are totally usless without humans.  We are what gives things use.  Man is the measure.

Edited by xFrockx (12/21/09 12:01 PM)

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Re: The population issue [Re: senya]
    #11691859 - 12/21/09 12:01 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

senya said:
oh so you think you know it all huh? you sound like an asshole and you probably are since youre so concerned that somebody interpreted a graph differently than you. the people who are having too many kids are the ones who are contributing to creating an overpopulated earth. some peoples description of "overpopulation" may differ from yours and its not like youre the fucking dictionary anyway. the earth currently has almost 7 billion people and at the rate we are going today, we will become overpopulated before this century is over.

rofl ok

Overpopulation is a condition where an organism's numbers exceed the carrying capacity of its habitat... Overpopulation does not depend only on the size or density of the population, but on the ratio of population to available sustainable resources.

case and point, the graph said nothing about the ratio of people to resources.

calm down bro ur vibes arent very hetty

--------------------

Edited by learningtofly (12/21/09 12:10 PM)

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: The population issue [Re: xFrockx]
    #11691867 - 12/21/09 12:04 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Most likely true.

--------------------

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: The population issue [Re: fireworks_god]
    #11691868 - 12/21/09 12:04 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

What we have allowed is the ruining of our gene pool by not allowing nature to run its course. I'm do not advocate any human kill another human (I'm not talking genocide here), but when someone is born who should've died you are going against nature and allowing the weakening of our gene pool.

Your subjective judgment of a weakening gene pool does not hold up.

No one knows what genetic traits will be selected for, no do any of us really know what genetic traits each of us possess. Phenotype =/= genotype.

Evolution decides, not you. And unless you've learned to see the future, there is no telling what is a valued trait or not in the eyes of an ever changing world. Intelligence could very well be a trait that wipes everyone out, not something to be desired :shrug: We don't know at all whether or not humans are adaptive creatures yet -- we haven't been around that long.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom